Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

4 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Wonder if they could include a Jason Todd shrine.

Obviously they couldn't market it as "Display the outfit of Batman's dead partner", but they could probably sneak it by, by calling it a Robin suit rack or something

That would make this set incredibly dark

latest?cb=20180211083536

Be even cooler if the suit just had "ha ha ha" graffitied on it. Just keep in mind too, the Spider Man Bridge Battle had a feature to push a minifigure off the top of the bridge, so I wouldn't put it past LEGO. They could even throw in a crowbar on display too :grin:

I certainly hope the rumored Two Face isn’t his Batman Forever version, but the sets sound like a return to 2006.

I hope we finally get actual Keaton and Nicholson figures, a fully burton based set would be great. All that we’d need left from that world would be Pfeiffer’s Catwoman.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Just keep in mind too, the Spider Man Bridge Battle had a feature to push a minifigure off the top of the bridge, so I wouldn't put it past LEGO. They could even throw in a crowbar on display too :grin:

Yeah, but Spider-Man would swing away after falling off that bridge. It's not the same as directly referencing the (supposed) death of a character. The closest thing I could see happening is just having Jason Todd in a set (either Robin or Red Hood).

I'd like a display case with a Robin outfit in the batcave too.

I'm hoping Robin has the new teenager/medium legs this wave (unless it's Damien - I think the little legs suit him best).

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Wonder if they could include a Jason Todd shrine.

Obviously they couldn't market it as "Display the outfit of Batman's dead partner", but they could probably sneak it by, by calling it a Robin suit rack or something

That could be easily doable. They did something very similar in The New Batman Adventures by having Dick's Robin suit in a display case after he quit and left.

yAtdKub.png

I could see them doing another lazy-susan for the Batmobile in the new Batcave. Hopefully them make this Batmobile more compact (6 studs wide, with up to 16 studs in length would be ideal). But, considering this set is rumored to only be $100, I'd find it less likely then some other potential play-features.

the-art-of-the-brick-wien-dc-super-heroes-batman-batmobil-ruecklichter-2018-zusammenegbaut-michael-kopp zusammengebaut.com

Can anyone confirm if this pic shown on Zusammengebaut is taken from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2019.

If so, then we get a very good look at the backside the Batmobile.

An in depth, possibly retrospective Batcave I can always welcome, but if Nicholson Joker comes in a set desirable to me then he is going into permanent storage. 

We pretty much have a 1989 batman and joker. The black version of batman is not really any different to the one from that movie. And the joker in the steamroller Set is pretty much Nicholson.

id rather we just get comic based ones, don’t like that film or the designs at all

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

We pretty much have a 1989 batman and joker. The black version of batman is not really any different to the one from that movie. And the joker in the steamroller Set is pretty much Nicholson.

id rather we just get comic based ones, don’t like that film or the designs at all

Same. I’d much rather Lego do their own thing and just use the movies and tv shows as inspiration. I have a feeling thats what they’re going to do anyways, since Clayface has never attacked the Batcave from what I know.

Also, just about every other company making 80th Anniversary Batman stuff is going to do it with something from each movie, and Lego probably wants to do something different than that, just to stand out a bit.

And I heard the sets are to be released in June, and last year’s sets were released in August and revealed in mid-April, so if they reveal the 2019 summer sets 2 months ahead of April that would be sometime during February. So keep your eyes open.

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Same. We have so many black-suited Batman, between the ones we kept getting in the Superheroes line and the ones we got for his movie (not to mention the handful we got for the original Batman line, printed with gold instead of yellow, which is reeeeeeally close to Keaton's Batman anyway). Even though those aren't directly from the movie and are based on the comics, the reason he started wearing the black suit in the comics was because they did it in the movie, so it's just a roundabout adaptation anyway. I would much rather see something like a new version of the 2003 Jim Lee Batsuit, which has my favorite Bat-symbol, or a more accurate Dark Knight Returns suit, or any number of unique or never-done Batsuits. 

Any new variations on Joker will be welcome as well, although I'll admit that his costumes often (not always, mind you) do have the same basic principles in mind. Getting one with a top hat, or even a new piece for a circus ringleader hat (such as the climax of The Killing Joke) would be so cool to see. Heck, even a reddish suit and some facepaint to be an unofficial adaptation of Joaquin Phoenix's look would be something cool and different.

1 minute ago, NetherCreeper said:

Honestly, the only thing I want from any joker variant is this hairpiece in green:https://brickset.com/parts/6152549/mini-wig-no-102 That's all I need, and the rest is just icing on the cake!

Also, if that batmobile pic is real, then I'm surprised yet glad that it seems to be 6-wide! It fits much more into standard city scale.

Personally, I'd rather the newer Superman piece, but I understand why people would prefer that one- it is perfect for an Arkham Joker

Really, I just want an update of the original Joker torso- a black undershirt, orange waistcoat and the purple overcoat. A more menacing face wouldn't go amiss either. 

I'm personally hoping Bane shows up again, based on Knightfall, rather than TDKR, or the weird 2012 mask. Even the Batman and Robin costume could look quite good in Lego

2 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Same. I’d much rather Lego do their own thing and just use the movies and tv shows as inspiration. I have a feeling thats what they’re going to do anyways, since Clayface has never attacked the Batcave from what I know.

He has, in the DVD movie "Scooby-Doo & Batman: The Brave & the Bold", but I doubt very much the set is based on that! I wouldn't mind that Batcave, though; it had display cases with costumes for Batman's former partners, including Batman & Nightwing's first outfits.

2 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

Also, if that batmobile pic is real, then I'm surprised yet glad that it seems to be 6-wide! It fits much more into standard city scale.

Wait. What Batmobile pic are you referring to? 

Just now, Mr Spielbrick said:

Wait. What Batmobile pic are you referring to? 

There's a picture of a massive "people scale" Lego Batmobile above.

Potentially, this is what the smaller set could look like, although significantly smaller

10 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

An in depth, possibly retrospective Batcave I can always welcome, but if Nicholson Joker comes in a set desirable to me then he is going into permanent storage. 

If he is desirable to you then why would you shove him in storage?

I would also like to point out in the background of the Batmobile pic, you can see the 2003 Batsuit on display. Perhaps its a small confirmation that this is the design we’ll be getting in the summer sets.

3 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

If he is desirable to you then why would you shove him in storage?

The build might be but for me Jack Nicholson’s is the worst depiction of the Joker, so any minifigure of him would not be pride of place, front and centre.

I just saw that pic on Zusammengebaut and thought it might be from the Toy Fair last week. Although I would assume that the Toy Fair would have had its own Batman exhibit (or whatever you want to call it), considering a lot of major toy companys are making Batman 80th Anniversary stuff, plus it seems to be made out of Lego bricks, so I just put some dots together and came to a very loose conclusion.

I guess we won't get any confirmation on anything until the sets are officially revealed in a couple of weeks.

Actually, I just found the life-size Batmobile in full-view, so I guess its not just an enlarged Lego set. Turns out this Lego Designer made this way back when (like 2015).

Edited by Mountain Drew
I found a video showing off the Batmobile

14 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I agree the black suit Batman is pretty much the Keaton version but I think we can do a bit better for Nicholson Joker than the Steamroller version, especially after getting faithful representations of the 60s and Dark Knight versions.

But its Vicki Vale and Phieffer's Catwoman who are the main reasons why I'd like to see the Burton Batmobile come with movie-based minifigures. I doubt both will be included but as long as at least one of them makes an appearance I'll be happy.

On a side note, for those in the UK the Batman comic that was shown available in (I think) Germany will be coming February 20th, which means issue #2 with a cheap to get Jason Todd Robin will be with us soon. I found it hard to justify buying that Juniors set just for him, so my patience has paid off.