Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Does anyone has good leg part ideas for the Talons? The black legs look okay, but maybe there are some good alternatives. 

11 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Does anyone has good leg part ideas for the Talons? The black legs look okay, but maybe there are some good alternatives. 

I use the Anakin RotS legs from 2012-14 for mine

DC Figs XIII

20 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The Batman, Robin and Mr. Freeze set almost makes me think this is going to be batman & Robin based. Which wouldn't be too farfetched since these are 80th anniversary sets, they might want to revisit some old movies. Also which set is two-face most likely to appear in? 

Imagine the possibilities - an Arnie Mr Freeze, Bat-skates, the B&R Robin costume, BAT NIPPLES!!!!!!

30 minutes ago, KingSpoozle said:

Imagine the possibilities - an Arnie Mr Freeze, Bat-skates, the B&R Robin costume, BAT NIPPLES!!!!!!

And of course the Bat-Credit Card. Never leave the cave without it.

It'd be more likely that we get A 97 B&R themed set with a LBM sequel. I imagine it would be something like the LDCS game versions of the characters or something similar regarding Robin and Freeze.

2 hours ago, KingSpoozle said:

2 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

And of course the Bat-Credit Card. Never leave the cave without it.

Indeed, I would love to see all of these things. It's the perfect way to celebrate 80 years (all eras, both the good ones and the awkward ones:laugh_hard:). It's kinda what I wished they would have done for 20 years Lego star wars. Anyway let's hope lego did indeed grab this opportunity since it would be amazing to revisit some eras in Lego form.

On 8/23/2018 at 11:12 PM, Minecraft Architect said:

I’d bet money that the Birds of Prey movie, and pretty much every movie after Wonder Woman 84, has a good chance of never being made (since DC loves announcing projects for headlines instead of making good ones).

I accept PayPal.

So Zusammengebaut gave another report on the DC sets.

Not much new information, but they've confirmed the Batmobile is Burton-based. The Batcave set is also referred to as the standout set

46 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Not much new information, but they've confirmed the Batmobile is Burton-based. The Batcave set is also referred to as the standout set

Standout set?

Shame they didn't specify who else will be coming with the Batmobile besides Joker.

The Batcave being the standout set sounds promising. Hopefully it can match the quality of the 2006 version which still remains the best to this day.

53 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

As in the 89 BM in a normal set ot the D2C?

He talks about the 6 sets (they're black/dark and gloomy)  and specifically names 76119 and not the D2C, but that would indicate that the sets are all based on the different movies (Batmobile - Tim Burton, Freeze battle - Batman and Robin). Although in the comment section he mentions that the Batmobile is Tim Burton based, but the other vehicles are from the comics. 

The Batcave is a 'impressive playset' with many details. 

Edited by Kevii23

38 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

As in the 89 BM in a normal set ot the D2C?

Normal scale, it's the Batmobile in that Joker pursuit set

On 1/31/2019 at 11:38 AM, Gorilla94 said:

Thank you :)

Hm... this is pure speculation but could there maybe be an Arkham Knight? I am Thinking about tue possibility to reuse Fireflys Headgear since i aw it for the first time. 

I think it is because of the target group. Most kids play with Lego for a certain time. If we say they start with 3 and stop with 13 (or at least stop putting mostly Lego on the wishlist we have a Time of about 10 years (= 20 big Birthday- and Christmas-presents - or less if they don't know the catalog when they are really small). I got 2 times a Ship (one Pirate, one Spain), Fort Legorado, the Shphinx from Adventurers,  a big Castle ... sometimes a combination of a few smaller sets like Lego Studios and some Harry potter-sets... I also got a few smaller Sets like the sherriffs office, when i had very good results in school. But that is it. I think the average Batman loving Kid will get a Batmobil, Batcave and a few smaller Sets with some different Villans so he has at least a handfull of the most infamous enemies like Joker, Pinguin and Twoface in different occasions.  Then they will probably get more likely a Star Wars Ship than a second high priced dc Set. From that perspective the best way is to have some of the most iconic stuff allways on shelves and put a lesser known special character like Zukus in the new Slave 1 into sets here and there so collectors keep staying and the new set looks more interesting compared to the old ones on Ebay than to bring something completely new from the same universe but much less know every year so a few AFOLs can get a whole room of Gotham City display. Parents are also more generous, when they understand what they are buying. Everbody knows Batman. There are a lot more people who would buy their kids a Batcave than a Teen Titans Tower. Thats why Bilbos home was allways sold in my local stores and you were able to get some of the other hobbit Sets like the one with Beorn a random piece of wall and two Orcs everywhere even years after Lego stopped production. That AFOLs end up with the uncountable Xwings, Slave 1s,  Batcaves, Police stations and so on  in a much longer Time of buying  is the much lesser problem for Lego than Kids buying others companys toys because Lego doesn't deliver what most of them want (which does not mean i don't think a Teen Titans Tower would be a sweet set)

Teen Titans Go! is a popular cartoon, so I think a Titans Tower would sell... even if it's based on the comics and not that particular cartoon.

Zusammengebaut also described the Batcave set as being "analogous to its predecessor" of The Lego Batman Movie Batcave set and "is very airy".

Maybe my dream of getting another Batcave that's on par with the 2006 Batcave is finally coming true, especially since the previous Batcave had the same 3 section structure as 7783 did.

17 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I use the Anakin RotS legs from 2012-14 for mine

DC Figs XIII

The Highwayman from the CMF has a pair like this with dual moulding if you are ok with removing the printing.

11 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I accept PayPal.

Damn bro it’s been like 5 months

If he specified ‘good’ movies he’d be rolling in dough right now

1 minute ago, KingSpoozle said:

Damn bro it’s been like 5 months

Being someone who liked most of the movies they put out and being a little sick of the constant bashing I see everywhere online, I felt like I needed to tell him that sometimes they do keep to their word.

6 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

He talks about the 6 sets (they're black/dark and gloomy)  and specifically names 76119 and not the D2C, but that would indicate that the sets are all based on the different movies (Batmobile - Tim Burton, Freeze battle - Batman and Robin). Although in the comment section he mentions that the Batmobile is Tim Burton based, but the other vehicles are from the comics. 

The Batcave is a 'impressive playset' with many details. 

Where has it been confirmed that the Freeze set is based off the Batman and Robin movie??

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

Just now, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Where has it been confirmed that the Freeze set is based off the Batman and Robin movie??

Indicate, not confirmed. As in it would make sense. 

I also hope the Batcave is similar to the 2006 one. I feel like all of the Batcaves so far just haven’t lived up to that one even though it was long before I got into Lego. 

52 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I also hope the Batcave is similar to the 2006 one. I feel like all of the Batcaves so far just haven’t lived up to that one even though it was long before I got into Lego. 

I hope they bring in something new.

Yes you need the Batcomputer, but give us something new around it.

Wonder if they could include a Jason Todd shrine.

Obviously they couldn't market it as "Display the outfit of Batman's dead partner", but they could probably sneak it by, by calling it a Robin suit rack or something

1 minute ago, Duncan Young said:

Wonder if they could include a Jason Todd shrine.

Obviously they couldn't market it as "Display the outfit of Batman's dead partner", but they could probably sneak it by, by calling it a Robin suit rack or something

That would be cool.