Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

12 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

So Solomon Grundy and Copperhead were just rumors again? :/

We don't know if we'll get them but I think they were only speculation, they were rumored for the 2018 summer wave and speculated here.

At this point I think I'll die without seeing Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist and Hush in minifigures form

A lot of this wave sounds hit-or-miss for me. 

I'm interested inthe potential for a new Batmobile, but ONLY if they make it 'street-legal' this time - by which I mean, ten studs or less wide, so that it can fit on a standard City road and pass another car without going 'onto the kerb'. I feel it feels that criteria, I'll get it, but if it doesn't, then pass. 

The Batcave sounds promising; I was in a Dark Age for the previous ones and the TLBM one was out of my budget - well, I could have got it but I wanted the Ultimate Batmobile more - so if this one is good enough, then I'll certainly get it. Though Clayface might be redundant since I still have the massive brick-built Clayface from TLBM - so I'm hoping Clayface is a minifigure, that way I can use him as a 'shrunken-down' version. 

These sets sound rather promising!

Especially the Batman & Robin vs. Mr. Freeze and Clayface Batcave Invasion.

Here's hoping Mr. Freeze is based more on the B:TAS design and Clayface is a bigfig. I'm kinda picturing something like the rock monster from Rock Raiders.

Regards, Mitch

15 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

They could appear in the sets, they just aren't in the set names. We only know we're getting Joker, Riddler, Mr Freeze, Clayface and Two Face right now, there's still plenty of room for other villains

Is there so much room? (I don't mean that Ironic. If it sounds that way, it is because of English not beeing my first language) in my experience there is maybe one addational villan to the Main one and twoface came in 3 of 2 versions with random henchmen and one Time alone. Joker had noname gang members, too. In the batcave there could also be Alfred, a Bruce Wayne, Robin or Barbara Gordan figure instead of a supporting villan for Clayface. To be honest i think we are Lucky if there is at least one new character like Hush ?

15 hours ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

We don't know if we'll get them but I think they were only speculation, they were rumored for the 2018 summer wave and speculated here.

They were a rumor going f rom a quite strong Source if i fit it fight. But you are correct. It was said long time ago.

I dont understand why there comes a new twoface with the TLBM one still on a lot of shelves in town. The only already existing character i would love to get is an Arkham games inspired Catwoman with new Headgear. 

Just now, Gorilla94 said:

I dont understand why there comes a new twoface with the TLBM one still on a lot of shelves in town. The only already existing character i would love to get is an Arkham games inspired Catwoman with new Headgear

TLBM is a separate line than DC Superheroes. This is the first official Clayface we are getting, and the first Two-Face since 2012.

Ok, if you looks at it that way it makes sence. I also get it with Clayface beeing a bigfig or minifig instead of a brickbuild charakter for the first time (even if i don't want a minifigure of him because i am happy with the TLBM version) and wondered for some time why there was no Twoface for so long time till we got one in the Movie sets. But is Lego working that way? I think most Kids don't care about the Logo in tue box, even both include specific Gotham villans fighting batmen ?

1 hour ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

TLBM is a separate line than DC Superheroes. This is the first official Clayface we are getting, and the first Two-Face since 2012.

It is a separate line, but that doesn’t mean that this is our first ‘official’ clayface, or first twoface since 2012. The ones in TLBM wave are official, and are representations of the characters

4 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Is there so much room? (I don't mean that Ironic. If it sounds that way, it is because of English not beeing my first language) in my experience there is maybe one addational villan to the Main one and twoface came in 3 of 2 versions with random henchmen and one Time alone. Joker had noname gang members, too. In the batcave there could also be Alfred, a Bruce Wayne, Robin or Barbara Gordan figure instead of a supporting villan for Clayface. To be honest i think we are Lucky if there is at least one new character like Hush ?

Well judging by prices, and this is just guessing based on past sets of similar prices, Batmobile vs Joker could have 4 figures, Batman and Robin vs Mr Freeze could have 3, Riddler heist could have 5/6 and the Batcave could have 9

19 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well judging by prices, and this is just guessing based on past sets of similar prices, Batmobile vs Joker could have 4 figures, Batman and Robin vs Mr Freeze could have 3, Riddler heist could have 5/6 and the Batcave could have 9

My opinion is almost similar as yours, with little corrections. 

Batmobile vs Joker - 3 to 4

Batman and Robin vs Mr Freeze - definitely 3

Riddler heist  - 4 to 5

Batcave - max 6, if we are lucky 7 :D

Just now, Stormfury said:

My opinion is almost similar as yours, with little corrections. 

Batmobile vs Joker - 3 to 4

Batman and Robin vs Mr Freeze - definitely 3

Riddler heist  - 4 to 5

Batcave - max 6, if we are lucky 7 :D

Then I guess we know the lineup of the Freeze set already :tongue:

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Then I guess we know the lineup of the Freeze set already :tongue:

It will become a Tuning gag if it aus 4 figures...

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Ok, the there could be in deed a Hush mad hatter or something like that.

I don't know the comics as well as many here. Are there connections between Killer croc, Captain Boomerang and Katarna or between Harley and Deadshot so we can speculate how likely a Charakter is to appear in a team with Clayface or Joker?.

9 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

I don't know the comics as well as many here. Are there connections between Killer croc, Captain Boomerang and Katarna or between Harley and Deadshot so we can speculate how likely a Charakter is to appear in a team with Clayface or Joker?.

Harley, Deadshot, Boomerang, Croc and Katana are all part of the Suicide Squad in the film. This wave isn't really going to be a team of supervillains, just a group of Batman's rogue bad guys.

Seeing as we've had these 4 Suicide Squad villains, Scarecrow, Killer Moth and Ra's Al Ghul in sets within the last few years, I would guess we'll see villains not seen in a while (excluding TLBM). Catwoman, Bane and Deathstroke could be likely, as well as a maximum of 3 new villains (Mad Hatter, Hush and Ventriloquist would be my guesses). Solomon Grundy could maybe appear, especially if you look at his design in LEGO DC Super Villains, it's basically just the AoU Hulk, but reprinted

Edited by Quicksilver838

I agree with whoever said Lego seems to be cycling through the same vehicles and characters, when there's a wealth of other options.  I noticed recently that Fisher-Price Imaginext has a hall of Justice and Teen Titans Tower - why won't Lego have a go at these?  I also like the most recent Fisher-Price batcave (for kids) with a portion of Wayne Manor on top, and am desperately hoping the new Lego version will be similar in this regard.  (Not a fan of the way it was done for the Classic TV batcave, however.)

The same problem of lack of diversity characterises the Disney line (perhaps all licensed lines, for that matter) - every year there's a new carriage for Cinderella.  It makes me wonder how informed the designers are about the properties they're working with.  I feel like die-hard fans (like some here) would have bolder and better ideas.

Also agree the Batwoman headpiece would be perfect for a Huntress in purple and black.  She's one member of the Bat family I'm keen for, and noticeably absent to date.

Edited by Tommy Thunder

48 minutes ago, Tommy Thunder said:

I agree with whoever said Lego seems to be cycling through the same vehicles and characters, when there's a wealth of other options.  I noticed recently that Fisher-Price Imaginext has a hall of Justice and Teen Titans Tower - why won't Lego have a go at these?  I also like the most recent Fisher-Price batcave (for kids) with a portion of Wayne Manor on top, and am desperately hoping the new Lego version will be similar in this regard.  (Not a fan of the way it was done for the Classic TV batcave, however.)

Maybe Lego chooses not to do stuff like the Hall of Justice or Titans Tower because they don't want the sets to be compared to the other toy company's stuff, like Fisher Price (that would be quite an insult).

It could also be that they like to wait until the Justice League's popularity is at a high (not like in November 2017), to attract more people to buy these sets for their kids (or if you're like me, for yourself). That wouldn't really explain why they haven't done anything with the Teen Titans besides a few of them in Jokerland and a couple more in Dimensions, seeing as there are now 3 shows that circle around the Teen Titans or at least the core members. And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they also bringing back the original Teen Titans show from 2006? That would make 4 shows, so its pretty likely that a kid or adult would watch at least one of them.

The Batman, Robin and Mr. Freeze set almost makes me think this is going to be batman & Robin based. Which wouldn't be too farfetched since these are 80th anniversary sets, they might want to revisit some old movies. Also which set is two-face most likely to appear in? 

30 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The Batman, Robin and Mr. Freeze set almost makes me think this is going to be batman & Robin based. Which wouldn't be too farfetched since these are 80th anniversary sets, they might want to revisit some old movies. Also which set is two-face most likely to appear in? 

I wouldn't mind that although the downside would be no movie variant of Poison Ivy since she just appeared recently in a set, plus the set's title doesn't sound like its going to include anyone beyond those three characters.

Two-Face is going to appear in the Batcave.

Sets sound interesting and I M exited to see them. Been awhile since we got a batcave so a new one should be good. Hopefully Mad Hatter is hidden somewhere in this eave. 

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Oh boy would I love something like that. Even though BAR is not a good movie I think it could make a good set (literally the only reason the movie was made was to sell toys). 

11 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Harley, Deadshot, Boomerang, Croc and Katana are all part of the Suicide Squad in the film. This wave isn't really going to be a team of supervillains, just a group of Batman's rogue bad guys.

Seeing as we've had these 4 Suicide Squad villains, Scarecrow, Killer Moth and Ra's Al Ghul in sets within the last few years, I would guess we'll see villains not seen in a while (excluding TLBM). Catwoman, Bane and Deathstroke could be likely, as well as a maximum of 3 new villains (Mad Hatter, Hush and Ventriloquist would be my guesses). Solomon Grundy could maybe appear, especially if you look at his design in LEGO DC Super Villains, it's basically just the AoU Hulk, but reprinted

Thank you :)

Hm... this is pure speculation but could there maybe be an Arkham Knight? I am Thinking about tue possibility to reuse Fireflys Headgear since i aw it for the first time. 

8 hours ago, Tommy Thunder said:

The same problem of lack of diversity characterises the Disney line (perhaps all licensed lines, for that matter) - every year there's a new carriage for Cinderella.  It makes me wonder how informed the designers are about the properties they're working with.  I feel like die-hard fans (like some here) would have bolder and better ideas.

Also agree the Batwoman headpiece would be perfect for a Huntress in purple and black.  She's one member of the Bat family I'm keen for, and noticeably absent to date.

I think it is because of the target group. Most kids play with Lego for a certain time. If we say they start with 3 and stop with 13 (or at least stop putting mostly Lego on the wishlist we have a Time of about 10 years (= 20 big Birthday- and Christmas-presents - or less if they don't know the catalog when they are really small). I got 2 times a Ship (one Pirate, one Spain), Fort Legorado, the Shphinx from Adventurers,  a big Castle ... sometimes a combination of a few smaller sets like Lego Studios and some Harry potter-sets... I also got a few smaller Sets like the sherriffs office, when i had very good results in school. But that is it. I think the average Batman loving Kid will get a Batmobil, Batcave and a few smaller Sets with some different Villans so he has at least a handfull of the most infamous enemies like Joker, Pinguin and Twoface in different occasions.  Then they will probably get more likely a Star Wars Ship than a second high priced dc Set. From that perspective the best way is to have some of the most iconic stuff allways on shelves and put a lesser known special character like Zukus in the new Slave 1 into sets here and there so collectors keep staying and the new set looks more interesting compared to the old ones on Ebay than to bring something completely new from the same universe but much less know every year so a few AFOLs can get a whole room of Gotham City display. Parents are also more generous, when they understand what they are buying. Everbody knows Batman. There are a lot more people who would buy their kids a Batcave than a Teen Titans Tower. Thats why Bilbos home was allways sold in my local stores and you were able to get some of the other hobbit Sets like the one with Beorn a random piece of wall and two Orcs everywhere even years after Lego stopped production. That AFOLs end up with the uncountable Xwings, Slave 1s,  Batcaves, Police stations and so on  in a much longer Time of buying  is the much lesser problem for Lego than Kids buying others companys toys because Lego doesn't deliver what most of them want (which does not mean i don't think a Teen Titans Tower would be a sweet set)

8 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

this is pure speculation but could there maybe be an Arkham Knight?

Arkham knight is a character crated solely in the Arkham games. Lego wouldn't want to associate too closely with such an adult game. Also, no kids are gonna recognize that character. Also, also, he ended up just becoming Red Hood so I doubt they'll ever actually do the Blue helmet version (which a lot of fans hate).

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

Arkham knight is a character crated solely in the Arkham games. Lego wouldn't want to associate too closely with such an adult game. Also, no kids are gonna recognize that character. Also, also, he ended up just becoming Red Hood so I doubt they'll ever actually do the Blue helmet version (which a lot of fans hate).

That's the thing though- Arkham Knight is crossing over into main DC canon in Detective Comics #1000, although he won't be *him*

So, who knows, give it a year or two and he could show up 

Just now, Duncan Young said:

That's the thing though- Arkham Knight is crossing over into main DC canon in Detective Comics #1000

Yeah, but a lot of the #1000 issue anniversary comics have stories outside of main cannon, and it could easily be an alternate universe crossover. I doubt he's going to stay cannon if in order to do so they have to alter everything about his character.

I still stand that Lego wouldn't want to do his character from the association and such, besides they likely planned these way before that news came out.

8 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Yeah, but a lot of the #1000 issue anniversary comics have stories outside of main cannon, and it could easily be an alternate universe crossover. I doubt he's going to stay cannon if in order to do so they have to alter everything about his character.

I still stand that Lego wouldn't want to do his character from the association and such, besides they likely planned these way before that news came out.

There will be an Arkham Knight. He'll debut in 'Tec 1000, but he won't be Jason Todd. Tomasi is using the mantle for another character. As much as such issues are about celebrating the past, they also look to the future, and, just as Bendis used AC #1000 to introduce Rogol Zaar and his storyline, Tomasi is sure to do the same thing with his new Arkham Knight. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the current arc is leading up to.

I'm not saying we'll get this new Knight this year or anything, but it certainly increases that likelihood

Thank you all for your responses. My thought was maybe the rumored D2C vehicle could be the Akrham Knight Batmobil. I mean we got heigh Ledger Joker that way with the tumbler and later a small set with Bane from the dark Knight rises... They are both way darker than Jason in the game. I also can imagine it would sell quite well.