Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

16 minutes ago, latenightguy said:

From what I can tell, LEGO will also be creating a separate LEGO Batman theme for 2019 alike Spider-Man.

That would make sense, both are the top toy sellers of their respective companies, plus they both have the most famous rogues gallery

37 minutes ago, latenightguy said:

From what I can tell, LEGO will also be creating a separate LEGO Batman theme for 2019 alike Spider-Man.

So they're both getting their own separate theme again, just like in the early and mid 2000s.

How so?

The Batman set already revealed also includes The Flash

Is LEGO finally admitting the other members of Justice League are filler minifigures for Batman sets?

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

How so?

The Batman set already revealed also includes The Flash

Is LEGO finally admitting the other members of Justice League are filler minifigures for Batman sets?

This is based on a foreign retailer that lists other 2019 themes such as Dots and Toy Story 4. But, they did not have a separate category for the 5 Spider-Man sets, so take this with a grain of salt.

I would be very disappointed if they went back to having solo Batman sets. We practically have all of Batman’s rogues at this point save for a few key players that they can easily add in a couple sets (Mad Hatter, Zsasz, Black Mask, Grundy, Copperhead) while we are missing many key justice leaguers and even more of the rogues galleries of the more important members we already have. (Metallo, Toy Man, Bizarro, Doomsday- all Superman), (Circe, Ares, Giganta- Wonder Woman), (basically every Flash and Green Lantern villain). I really hope they don’t just rerelease new versions of characters we all already have for the next couple years.

Oh ok, I don't think it's true then

Because as I said, that set also includes Flash. So, what would the non-Batman DC Superheros sets include? 

I would think Batman and DC Supeheroes would work as separate lines, only if "Batman" includes exclusively Batman characters. But if they are going to include other DC characters, what would be the point of having 2 lines? 

With Spiderman I get it, because Spiderman is Sony's, and I'm pretty sure Disney is behind this: Disney doesn't want people to conflate their properties (a.k.a the MCU) with Sony's

But with the DC I don´t really see the point of having 2 lines

Edited by Robert8

15 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I thought there would be three in the Winter wave and then two more in June or August.

Also, regarding the Superman, I’m talking about an actual update with new prints and stuff, not just reusing old pieces. And we are getting Flash again, so there is a possibility Superman could also join the roster.

I would be very disappointed if Lego decided to use the same pieces yet again, since the comic-based Superman minifig hasn’t gotten any new prints since it first came out in 2012.

If there aren't any retailer exclusives we don't know about, there will be just two sets for the winter wave.

16 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

This guy just collects informations I think, it has some wrong ones.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I would think Batman and DC Supeheroes would work as separate lines, only if "Batman" includes exclusively Batman characters. But if they are going to include other DC characters, what would be the point of having 2 lines? 

It’s possible that they believe “Batman” is a stronger brand than “DC Super Heroes,” so they want to lead with that whenever possible. 

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

With Spiderman I get it, because Spiderman is Sony's, and I'm pretty sure Disney is behind this: Disney doesn't want people to conflate their properties (a.k.a the MCU) with Sony's

That doesn’t make much sense, Spidey is part of the mcu so there’s no worry there, and Disney is in charge of the Spider-Man TV shows and merchandise. Sony literally just sign off on the mcu films and make their weird solo ones with venom etc, I’d course there’s into the spider-verse, but lego has cashed in on other companies films before (X-Men DOFP) So I’m gonna say that isn’t the reason for the change

If the rumour is true, I will be annoyed and surprised. Annoyed for the very obvious reason that it would bring the collection to a grinding halt. I thought we were onto a good thing with the JL sets from earlier in the year. Surprised because they are on the brink of releasing a DC Villains game. To come to an end now seems odd. Perhaps as @BrickSantorum suggested, they see Batman as a more sustainable brand at a time when every penny counts.

I would certainly love a new Batman theme but I am not 100% certain what they can do with it. Maybe remake the 2012 first Super Heroes wave? That wave was mostly a remake from the 2006 sets and given that these new sets would come out in late 2018/early 2019 time wise it would fit. Getting a new Two-Face Batmobile set and new Catwoman chase set for example would also make sense given their designs from the game. I guess we'll have to be patient and wait what Lego has got in store for us.

I would argue that the LEGO Batman Movie sets were their Batman central brand and anything they didn’t accomplish with those sets was a wasted opportunity but at this point I’ve had enough Batman and personally I believe that the 2015 January DC superheroes sets where there were 5 was their best wave and they should go back to that. Down with the Batriarchy.

I really hope they don’t do for DC what they did will Marvel this year. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Marvel wave this year, but its sort of limited creatively. They pretty much focused on just Spiderman, and DC has so many wonderful, creative characters that it would be crazy to put the focus on just Batman.

But then again, the main consumers for these sets are children, so thats definitely a factor in set design (I don’t think we’ll be getting Arm Fall Off Boy or Bat Mite anytime soon)

I too wouldn't mind a redesign or relaunch of the 2012/13 Batman Collection. If they're redesigning the Spider-Man villains/heroes why not relaunch Joker's Helicopter with new Joker Henchmen. Two Face chase and Catwoman pursuit with newer designs from the game or a Black/white outfitted Two-Face. Arkham Asylum with Straight-jacket Joker (I was originally thinking of the villager torso from Minecraft), Zsasz, Scarecrow, Penguin and Nurse Harley Quinn. Harley's hammer truck with Bud and Lou (her hyenas). Batcave with new Big-fig Bane. I'd be okay with this, nothing against Marvel/DC superheroes But Batman and Spider-Man are more popular and most profitable characters out there

Edited by PremierComix

I'd prefer that they avoid outright remaking sets like they did when the SH theme launched; we don't need ANOTHER Joker helicopter vs Burton-styled Batwing. New versions of Bat-villains we already have are fine. I suspect this is just a temporary Batman focus, with possible branding to go along with it, and that the DC Super Heroes line will still continue on. Besides, a Batman focus is more likely to get people the ever-desired Mad Hatter or Hush, which I know would bring a chorus of praises on this very forum.

Because of the Lego Batman Movie I didn't even realise, but we haven't gotten a Catwoman, Two-Face or Bane (if you don't count the Dimensions figure) in a DC Super Heroes set since 2012/2013. I agree that we don't need another vehicle based remake, but an updated Arkham, Batcave or something like the Joker Fun House would be nice. New villians like Mad Hatter, Grundy, etc. shouldn't take too long to get right? The last couple of sets all introduced some new villians.

Anyway, I would like a seperate Batman line, next to DC Super Heroes, so that they can focus on specific Batman eras (Animated Series anyone?), but we will just have to wait and see what 2019 brings us. 

4 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Because of the Lego Batman Movie I didn't even realise, but we haven't gotten a Catwoman, Two-Face or Bane (if you don't count the Dimensions figure) in a DC Super Heroes set since 2012/2013. I agree that we don't need another vehicle based remake, but an updated Arkham, Batcave or something like the Joker Fun House would be nice. New villians like Mad Hatter, Grundy, etc. shouldn't take too long to get right? The last couple of sets all introduced some new villians.

Anyway, I would like a seperate Batman line, next to DC Super Heroes, so that they can focus on specific Batman eras (Animated Series anyone?), but we will just have to wait and see what 2019 brings us. 

Specific barman eras. Like they do with star wars eps. I would love that. 

There’s a big difference between a Theme and a Themed Wave.

The first wave of DC Superheroes was a Batman themed wave. We’ve had a Justice League themed wave. The upcoming wave of Marvel Superheroes is a Spider-Man themed wave (again). Having a wave be themed does not mean it constitutes a new Theme entirely.

I wouldn’t put any stalk in the “rumor” that we are getting a solely focused Batman Theme—we already got that in 2006. Everything is under the banner of “____ Superheroes” now—it’s just that at any given time some things can take up more space under that banner than others. :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'd like a new Batcave. I missed the one for the movie. :(

Me too. A modern batcave with something new for the sections. 

11 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'd like a new Batcave. I missed the one for the movie. :(

I've always wanted a batcave that comes with a batmobile and a platform type thing for one, BvS/Arkham Knight Challenge map style

Hold on, Jedi Penguin guy is saying 5 sets while others are saying 2 sets. How many sets are made under the “Mighty Micros” sub-theme? 3. See where my theory is going?

40 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Hold on, Jedi Penguin guy is saying 5 sets while others are saying 2 sets. How many sets are made under the “Mighty Micros” sub-theme? 3. See where my theory is going?

Unfortunately, yes. I hope its not true, though. A measly 2 DC sets to start out the year would be very disappointing, considering DC Superviains would have been out for 2 months, and the fact that next year is the 80th Year Anniversary of The Greatest Superhero of All Time. I’m of course talking about Batman.

Hi does anyone know of any upcoming joker sets I really hope we get a set similar to the Funhouse Escape and Jokerland really love the carnival ? theme for joker my only request is that he is in his classic purple suit not the biggest fan of his design in LEGO Dc Supervillains but either way hope to see joker sets next year especially since the new joker film with Joaquin Phoenix is coming out. I know LEGO isn’t going to do a set based on that film. But similar to how they did a comic style Suicide Squad sets in 2016 and a x men vs sentinel set for 2014 for days of future past, hope to see at least a really cool classic joker set. Thanks for your help. :) HAHAHA

7 hours ago, LEGO_0801 said:

Hi does anyone know of any upcoming joker sets I really hope we get a set similar to the Funhouse Escape and Jokerland really love the carnival ? theme for joker my only request is that he is in his classic purple suit not the biggest fan of his design in LEGO Dc Supervillains but either way hope to see joker sets next year especially since the new joker film with Joaquin Phoenix is coming out. I know LEGO isn’t going to do a set based on that film. But similar to how they did a comic style Suicide Squad sets in 2016 and a x men vs sentinel set for 2014 for days of future past, hope to see at least a really cool classic joker set. Thanks for your help. :) HAHAHA

I think the joker is way over used, we got a few sets of him last year, hopefully it’ll be a couple of years before we get him again. There’s so many other characters that Lego could use.