Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Lego will be releasing set 76117 on 1st January 2019 for a small loan of a million dollars $39.99 (probably £34.99)

What other sets could there be, hmmmmm?

LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Batman Mech vs. Poison Ivy Mech (76117)

Someone said poison ivy looks like herself from the upcoming DC Villains game. So could other mini figures, even potentially sets be based off of other parts of the game?

And of course we have Firefly’s new helmet, which is a pleasant surprise, I’m sure we were all expecting to see the Wasp’s helmet to be reused for it but Lego has been kind.

Lego has gone a step further and given us dual-molded legs! Yes Lego hasn’t given up on DC mini figures after all (you see comrades, you worry too much).

And we have Batman, I believe this isn’t his first appearance in this suit, however the bat symbol on his chest is refreshing from the classic black and yellow symbol.

Edited by J4ck
Added Pics, Improved Spelling

A new joker vehicle would be nice. With a new bat vehicle.  However I do think another Batmobile would also be released. If its a new design. No fuss. 

Hey there @J4ck, I just want to say that I really appreciate how you've been adding the "speculation" tag to all the product discussions you've started so far. It's a little thing, but hey... :classic:

Holy crepe, a 2019 set??? This early? And we finally get Firefly? Someone here must have made someone in TLG veeeeeery happy.

I'm hoping for a set with Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl (Donna Troy in original red costume), an Invisible Jet (with enough room for Diana and Donna) and a brick-built Giganta!

I assume that we'll also get a single set for Wonder Woman 1984 and that it will at least include Wonder Woman and the Cheetah. Hopefully it will be a little more accurate to the movie than the set released for the first Wonder Woman film (although it seems that almost all of the licensors were caught out by a last minute change to Ares' character design).

Otherwise, I'd love to see a more Burton-inspired Batmobile with TWO seats so that Batman and Robin can cruise the streets of Gotham City looking for trouble.

And, as always, a D2C Hall of Justice would be fantastic!

1 hour ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Holy crepe, a 2019 set??? This early? And we finally get Firefly? Someone here must have made someone in TLG veeeeeery happy.

Worship me mortals! :grin:

(I'd like to think I played a part in it)

Since Poison Ivy seems to be inspired by the Lego DC Supervillains game, I’m hoping we get some more figures from that game. I’d particularly like to get the Solomon Grundy big-fig as he looks incredible in the game.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey there @J4ck, I just want to say that I really appreciate how you've been adding the "speculation" tag to all the product discussions you've started so far. It's a little thing, but hey... :classic:

It mean so much to me that you've noticed this, let alone appreciate it! I, too, appreciate the little things in life :wink:

9 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

A new joker vehicle would be nice. With a new bat vehicle.  However I do think another Batmobile would also be released. If its a new design. No fuss. 

I hope not, I feel he is overused and overrated, but each to their own.

2 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

This is a tad earlier than last year, also probably another DC set reveal soon.

2 minutes ago, Minecraft Architect said:

Since Poison Ivy seems to be inspired by the Lego DC Supervillains game, I’m hoping we get some more figures from that game. I’d particularly like to get the Solomon Grundy big-fig as he looks incredible in the game.

This seems likely since he got removed the remote controlled batmobile supposedly (and Copperhead).

1 minute ago, J4ck said:

I hope not, I feel he is overused and overrated, but each to their own.

Agreed. There's been way too much Joker in this theme. I'm really glad we're finally getting Firefly, and hopefully this opens the door to more of the Bat villains we've never gotten: Mad Hatter, Solomon Grundy, Black Mask, Ventriloquist, Hush, the list goes on and on...

The set itself is nice, but unfortunately it looks like the Batmech doesn't have any shoulder articulation.

I like this set actually.

- The Bat-Mech is quite nice looking, and would certainly pop in a display I am planning. 

- I feel a bit more could have been done with Ivy's "mech" design. I may make a few edits, but for the most part It's really neat.

- We're getting the same Batman. Again. It'll be the third time we get the Rebirth design. Hoping for maybe a new face, but that's unlikely.

- Flash is the same as well, but he DOES come with duel molded legs. That's nice.

- Ivy has a pretty cool redesign. I like the one from TLBM a bit more, but this is a nice comic variant,

- FINALLY. FIREFLY! BASED OFF OF THE BATMAN TV SERIES TOO! I LOVE IT!

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

@RedHoodPug The bat pieces are indeed Titanium Metallic.

Thanks dude, good spotting. For those not into the RC Batmobile this will be a cheaper way to get those parts in a set. 

Given that we're going to see at least one comic-based set for January next year, how many more would you guys expect to see yourselves? Two perhaps, to round it out to three like this year? Also, if you'd be expecting to see additional comic-based sets released for January then, how much do you think they'll take after the LEGO DC Villains videogame, in terms of minifigure designs particularly?

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Given that we're going to see at least one comic-based set for January next year, how many more would you guys expect to see yourselves? Two perhaps, to round it out to three like this year? Also, if you'd be expecting to see additional comic-based sets released for January then, how much do you think they'll take after the LEGO DC Villains videogame, in terms of minifigure designs particularly?

I honestly think that this is just a small teaser for sdcc and I think we will get a wave like 2015 but with different characters and probably more villains based, but we could see new heroes to like new Superman atom, Shazam, kid flash, and more lanterns 

13 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Thanks dude, good spotting. For those not into the RC Batmobile this will be a cheaper way to get those parts in a set. 

No problem, my pleasure :classic:

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

10 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Is that the only one?

Probably three, Lego seems to create more sets at the beginning of the year then make 2-3 in summer. I think there will be another reveal soon, Lego likes to stagger January reveals out when it comes to DC sets (sometimes and considering it's the only one revealed so far).

9 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

I honestly think that this is just a small teaser for sdcc and I think we will get a wave like 2015 but with different characters and probably more villains based, but we could see new heroes to like new Superman atom, Shazam, kid flash, and more lanterns 

Lanterns (specifically green lanterns) seem more of a possibility since the last formal set was 2015 and the inclusion of Jessica Cruz recently and John Stewart's "book set" last year.

Firefly? Dual-molded leg Flash? Batsuit that reasonably matches the Animated Series suit? SOLD.

Can't wait to see what other sets January brings!

16 minutes ago, LegoTFGuy said:

Firefly? Dual-molded leg Flash? Batsuit that reasonably matches the Animated Series suit? SOLD.

Can't wait to see what other sets January brings!

I couldn’t agree more! Lego is improving the ‘figs!

It's a shame that it seems future sets aren't Lego Batman Movie sets. Only because the Lego Batman movie figures are soooo good. That old style poison ivy has nothing on the movie version...

Really, these minifigures are lame minus the dual molded legs. :P

1 hour ago, BrickG said:

It's a shame that it seems future sets aren't Lego Batman Movie sets. Only because the Lego Batman movie figures are soooo good. That old style poison ivy has nothing on the movie version...

Really, these minifigures are lame minus the dual molded legs. :P

They’re not going to make sets unrelated to the movie, that would be milking it too much. I can understand the recycling of parts and/or figures, but as most of the characters have been released it would be vainglorious to make sets just because. Also if they did that we would not have had Rebirth Batman, Firestorm, Cheetah, Killer Frost, Reverse Flash, Lobo, OMAC, Talons, Batwoman, Ace, Firefly, or any other new upcoming figure. Alright Poison Ivy looks kind of bland but she (reasonably) resembles how she did when she first appeared in the comics and how she will appear in the game. We will be getting a clearly sought after Firefly helmet; that isn’t lame in my eyes.

33 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

They’re not going to make sets unrelated to the movie, that would be milking it too much. I can understand the recycling of parts and/or figures, but as most of the characters have been released it would be vainglorious to make sets just because. Also if they did that we would not have had Rebirth Batman, Firestorm, Cheetah, Killer Frost, Reverse Flash, Lobo, OMAC, Talons, Batwoman, Ace, Firefly, or any other new upcoming figure. Alright Poison Ivy looks kind of bland but she (reasonably) resembles how she did when she first appeared in the comics and how she will appear in the game. We will be getting a clearly sought after Firefly helmet; that isn’t lame in my eyes.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't do new stuff. Just that the movie stuff was considerably higher quality. If these new ones were of equal quality I'd be all for it.

17 hours ago, BrickG said:

Not to mention, besides the figures, the builds for the sets themselves, especially for many of the Bat-Vehicles! The tie-in sets for The Lego Batman Movie were almost of an MOC-like quality, and the same can be said for The Lego Ninjago Movie's tie-in sets too.

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Not to mention, besides the figures, the builds for the sets themselves, especially for many of the Bat-Vehicles! The tie-in sets for The Lego Batman Movie were almost of an MOC-like quality, and the same can be said for The Lego Ninjago Movie's tie-in sets too.

Absolutely. I can understand this. They invested a lot of $$$ into that movie. It makes sense that it was "special" and circumstantial. However, I don't see why they'd go BACK from some of the fantastic designs they already have minifigure wise. I can see why model quality would be a bit lacking though. I imagined they invested a lot into those sets because they were made to be on-screen awesome as possible too.

On 6/30/2018 at 2:53 AM, RedHoodPug said:

Poison Ivy looks kind of bland but she (reasonably) resembles how she did when she first appeared in the comics

No, she didn't. 

On 6/30/2018 at 12:59 AM, LegoTFGuy said:

Batsuit that reasonably matches the Animated Series suit

No, he didn't. Heck, it's from current comics, and belt look a like more Beware the Batman design. 

People sometimes little too strange in this site.