Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Since we still have no clue what the other 3 DC sets are yet, what would you guys like to see? I would personally love if Lego would remake some 2006-2008 Batman sets, I also wouldn’t be against a Black Mask minifig. But since hes supposed ti be the Birds of Prey villain, we probably won’t see him in a set until that movie comes out, DCEU based or not. I would also like a Hush minifig, since they recently announced that Batman is going back to his Hush costume, and since they also announced a Batman: Hush animated movie next year, I find him more likely to appear in a set than ever before.

I would like a mix of vintage characters we still haven’t seen like the Ventriloquist and Hatter, Manbat made to bigfig proportions, Hush as you say, and some other Bronze/Modern Age characters like Spoiler, a version of Cassie Cain, Azrael, Lark, Bluebird. Also some other Batman role models, protégés and villains like Huntress, Grundy, Question, Bronze Tiger, etc. If they are going strong for Batman at 80, I would like to think they take a similar but more serious approach to TLBM, ie decent villains rather than the likes of Zodiac Master and Eraser. I’m glad to have them, but there are characters higher up the list.

@Falconfan1414 dang it, but hey ho, this is the rumour discussion thread after all.

Edited by RedHoodPug

You know what I find absolutely ridiculous, the fact that we still haven’t gotten key Batman characters like Oracle, Red Robin, Carmine Falcone, Anarky, Vicki Vale, Professor Pyg, Harvey Bullock, or even Amanda Waller. I mean, all of these characters play huge roles in the DC universe, and only one of them needs a new mold made, so theres really no reason why any of these characters couldn’t have shown up in sets.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok so 76131 is a superhero set and is $100. From my understanding it’s not gcpd that was just a small rumor. But the set is indeed coming but I’m not sure if it is for marvel or dc

Well thats a disappointment, I was hoping to get some cool DC figs. But it would make more sense for it to be a DC set, since Marvel already has the Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown for $100, and two $100 sets from Marvel is a bit of a stretch.

50 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Well thats a disappointment, I was hoping to get some cool DC figs. But it would make more sense for it to be a DC set, since Marvel already has the Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown for $100, and two $100 sets from Marvel is a bit of a stretch.

As a Marvel fan this puts a smile on my face, same time I'm worried.

But you're right. Another $99.99 set for Marvel is a stretch. 

GCPD is still coming, but we are not sure if it's priced as $99.99 

Aren't most City police stations around the $99 mark? It wouldn't surprise me if the GCPD is designed similar to those sets only with the modern blue/black/white color pallet swapped out for a more Gotham City appearance.

Glad its finally coming though. Been wanting a GCPD for a while. Hopefully the Bat signal comes with a light-up brick.

So just to clarify, are we getting 5 DC sets in this wave?

39 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

GCPD is still coming, but we are not sure if it's priced as $99.99 

So its just gonna be a smaller set? Oh well, as long as we get some indication that Lego cares about the 80th Anniversary of the greatest superhero if all time.

You know, since the $100 set is probably DC, and it isn’t GCPD, than that leaves the door open creatively speaking. I did always want an Ace Chemicals set. Heck, I’d even buy a Star Labs set.

8 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

So just to clarify, are we getting 5 DC sets in this wave?

So its just gonna be a smaller set? Oh well, as long as we get some indication that Lego cares about the 80th Anniversary of the greatest superhero if all time.

You know, since the $100 set is probably DC, and it isn’t GCPD, than that leaves the door open creatively speaking. I did always want an Ace Chemicals set. Heck, I’d even buy a Star Labs set.

That's what I know. I'll be happy to clarify as soon as I get more information. 

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok so 76131 is a superhero set and is $100. From my understanding it’s not gcpd that was just a small rumor. But the set is indeed coming but I’m not sure if it is for marvel or dc

Do you have any other information you can share?

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

That's what I know. I'll be happy to clarify as soon as I get more information. 

Ooooo the secret circle of leakers!

6 hours ago, wesker said:

Hopefully the Bat signal comes with a light-up brick.

Like the one from The Ultimate Batmobile just smaller? (That big LBM batmobile)

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You mean this one? :drool:

Pinterest - Arkham GCPD Building 

Sure, absolutely! As long as they give us something with a heavy "Dark Deco" aesthetic, I'll be very happy. :purrr:

I was thinking more the one from the Arkham Knight main story and from the Arkham Knight Nightwing DLC, the one you suggested i would still happily buy though!    http://arkhamcity.wikia.com/wiki/File:GCPD_Bleak_Island.png

7 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

You know what I find absolutely ridiculous, the fact that we still haven’t gotten key Batman characters like Oracle, Red Robin, Carmine Falcone, Anarky, Vicki Vale, Professor Pyg, Harvey Bullock, or even Amanda Waller.

Yet we've got March Harriet, Aaron Cash, Condiment King, Egghead, Zebra Man and over 16 sets with the joker... What does lego have against us:cry3:

From your list you forgot the Mad Hatter and Hush

Edited by MakkaG15

3 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

Yet we've got March Harriet, Aaron Cash, Condiment King, Egghead, Zebra Man and over 16 sets with the joker... What does lego have against us:cry3:

From your list you forgot the Mad Hatter and Hush

Against us? I loved the inclusion of Aaron Cash and the weird silver age villains. Long live Polka-Dot Man!

9 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Do you have any other information you can share?

No because that’s all the information that’s out there about this at the moment 

38 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

Against us? I loved the inclusion of Aaron Cash and the weird silver age villains. Long live Polka-Dot Man!

LONG LIVE THE CONDIMENT KING!!!!

1 hour ago, BaneShake said:

Against us? I loved the inclusion of Aaron Cash and the weird silver age villains.

Its fine we got them but it would be good to have gotten the more essential characters first

Mitchell of the House Mayo, the First of His Name, The Savory, King of Ketchup, Mustard, and Mayonnaise, Queen of Relish, Khal of the Forgotten Villains, Theif of Gotham, Purveyor of Weiners and Burgers, And Server of Tasty Crime

So lets see, the Batman villain designs we've haven't seen in both minifig form and DC Supervillains (so far) are Clayface, Catwoman, Riddler, Scarecrow, Two Face, Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy, Harley Quinn, Mister Freeze, Killer Moth, Ventriloquist, Toyman, Polka Dot Man, Killer Croc, Clock King, Penguin, Captain Boomerang, Deadshot, Poison Ivy, and Joker. I would find the ones not crossed out more likely to appear in sets. 

The reason I'm only doing Batman villains is because of that rumor that the next wave of DC sets is going to be Batman-themed. 

Edited by Mountain Drew
I'll cross out more villains once we start getting reveals.

15 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

I was thinking more the one from the Arkham Knight main story and from the Arkham Knight Nightwing DLC, the one you suggested i would still happily buy though!  

Well, personally, I'm primarily hoping that this set will architecturally lean more towards Art Deco and less towards Gothic such as seen for 2013's D2C Arkham Asylum; but, as I said eariler, a "Dark Deco" blend of those two styles would strike a perfect balance. :smug:

On 8/11/2018 at 7:44 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

I hope it is a DC set, since we think that some of the sets might take inspiration from the video game do you think the $100 set could be a hall of doom set?

I would love to see some more hero figs in the future like the atom, doctor fate, booster gold, Ted Kord blue beetle, Swamp thing, Kid flash, Aqualad, Guy gardener, Simon Baz, (to go with Jessica Cruz) Gotham, Gotham Girl and a proper Raven.

I would also like to see a Jon Kent minifgure but that’s highly unlikely at the moment.

On 8/12/2018 at 10:40 AM, Quicksilver838 said:

On 8/12/2018 at 12:38 PM, J4ck said:

On 8/12/2018 at 12:50 PM, The Pearson said:

Mitchell of the House Mayo, the First of His Name, The Savory, King of Ketchup, Mustard, and Mayonnaise, Queen of Relish, Khal of the Forgotten Villains, Theif of Gotham, Purveyor of Weiners and Burgers, And Server of Tasty Crime

This is why I like you people.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:46 AM, MakkaG15 said:

Its fine we got them but it would be good to have gotten the more essential characters first

As long-lived as the Super Heroes themes have been (and presumably with ample longevity to come), I think we will get all of the essentials at some point. Obscure silver-age villains were nice to get due to the sheer unlikelihood that we would ever get them in "normal" sets, so I appreciate that we got this as what will potentially be the only opportunity many of these will ever have. I can't see Doctor Phosphorous, Zodiac Master, or my beloved Polka-Dot Man appearing again without some offshoot theme like this, and even more "prominent" lesser-knowns like Catman or Hugo Strange seem fairly unlikely as well.

2 hours ago, BaneShake said:

This is why I like you people.

As long-lived as the Super Heroes themes have been (and presumably with ample longevity to come), I think we will get all of the essentials at some point. Obscure silver-age villains were nice to get due to the sheer unlikelihood that we would ever get them in "normal" sets, so I appreciate that we got this as what will potentially be the only opportunity many of these will ever have. I can't see Doctor Phosphorous, Zodiac Master, or my beloved Polka-Dot Man appearing again without some offshoot theme like this, and even more "prominent" lesser-knowns like Catman or Hugo Strange seem fairly unlikely as well.

I could see Hugo Strange being in a regular set but I see your point. It was really nice to have all those characters we thought we would never see in Lego form

I'm really just hoping for villains we haven't seen but need. It's been 12 YEARS and we haven't gotten a mad hatter fig. It's been 4 years and we still need that perfect Grundy from LB3 BG. 

On 8/12/2018 at 5:50 PM, The Pearson said:

YOU ABSOLUTE LEGEND