J4ck

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Recommended Posts

I hope Two-Face is in his Black/White suit as seen in Batman TASĀ 

FORĀ Mini_legogo please can you tell me if Batman is in his Hush era Suit ?

and is there any info on anything sets having The Joker šŸƒ ?

my personal favorite Villain of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LEGO_0801 said:

I hope Two-Face is in his Black/White suit as seen in Batman TASĀ 

FORĀ Mini_legogo please can you tell me if Batman is in his Hush era Suit ?

and is there any info on anything sets having The Joker šŸƒ ?

my personal favorite Villain of all time.

I'm expecting the DC Super villains Two-Face and Joker minifigs because it seems like these sets will most likely tie in with the game like how the sets released with Lego Batman 3 did. It already sounds like Two-Face will be released with one of the new summer sets but we'll just have to wait for official images or set descriptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are still plenty of Batman-centric characters that havenā€™t gotten a minifig (not outside TLBM, anyway) so Iā€™m not really worried about repeats. And even if they are repeats, as long as they all get a nice updated design, Iā€™ll be happy.

Iā€™m so relieved that theyā€™re making up for only two sets in the January wave by giving us seven sets in this wave.

I would also like to point out that 2019 would be the 30th Anniversary of the Tim Burton Batman movie, and it would also be 80th Anniversary of Batman himself, so I would imagine the D2C could be anything from the 1989 Batmobile to Wayne Manor to GCPD (hopefully theyā€™llĀ throw in a Justice League member or two, you know, for diversity).

BTW, Iā€™m extremely happy weā€™re finally getting an updated Two-Face. The 2012 was okay, but a little weird, and TLBM version was a little too wacky for my taste (although I love theĀ idea of aĀ Billy Dee Williams Two-Face)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7-8 sets? Thatā€˜s quite impressive I have to say, that might be the largest wave weā€˜ve gotten for DC since the start of the theme. And people were already preparing their eulogiesĀ :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon we'll see a few of the updated DCSV designs, for better or worse- Two-Face, Joker and Riddler for instance seem like a given. We could maybe see Harley and Penguin, but judging by the game designs, they would use the 2016/14 designs respectively. Mr FreezeĀ and Ventriloquist wouldn't need new moulds either, so they could show up too. While some ofĀ the other core rogues would require some new moulds, Catwoman could just use the LBM mask in black, instead of the dual moulded part seen in-game. Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Robin and Gordon also had new designs and, with the rumoured Batcave, Alfred seems fairly likely.Ā 

Lastly, I think we could probably get Clayface, either as a minifig or bigfig.Ā Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it's a Batcave that you can buy multiple of and modify them into 1 big Batcave (kinda like the sanctum sanctorum). I don't mind updated repeat villians as long as we also get a few new ones.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think these sets are probably going to be based on Batman and Gotham City,Ā but theyā€™ll also include other heroes and villains. Basically the same formula as the January wave of sets, with both sets having Bat-Vehicles, but including characters like Firefly and Ocean Master.

I really wouldnā€™t be against this, as long as it shows Batman in his full glory (hopefully wearing his Hush batsuit) and they include some niceĀ builds.Ā If anything this would help the design of the set, since using all the DC characters would give the set designers more creative freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Mini_legogo is reporting that two face comes in the new bat cave (which is one of the new summer sets along with a bat car)

He's also just revealed that the bat car is the 1989 Batmobile from the Burton films. Perfect timing for next year's 30th anniversary!

The one that came in the Jokerland set was good but I'm definitely up for a more detailed stand alone version. Hopefully it will include a few minifigures based on the film(s). Nicholson's Joker would be a given - but Vicki Vale or the Batman Returns villains would be much welcome additions as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wesker said:

He's also just revealed that the bat car is the 1989 Batmobile from the Burton films. Perfect timing for next year's 30th anniversary!

The one that came in the Jokerland set was good but I'm definitely up for a more detailed stand alone version. Hopefully it will include a few minifigures based on the film(s). Nicholson's Joker would be a given - but Vicki Vale or the Batman Returns villains would be much welcome additions as well.

I feel like Penguin from TLBM is almost a direct copy of Penguin from Batman Returns, so I wouldnā€™t really be upset if we didnā€™t get him in one of these sets. But literally any other characterĀ would be nice.

I would especially be happy if they do a Jack Nicholson Joker using Grand Moff Tarkinā€™s/Peter Venkmanā€™sĀ hairpiece in green

Edited by Mountain Drew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wesker said:

He's also just revealed that the bat car is the 1989 Batmobile from the Burton films. Perfect timing for next year's 30th anniversary!

The one that came in the Jokerland set was good but I'm definitely up for a more detailed stand alone version. Hopefully it will include a few minifigures based on the film(s). Nicholson's Joker would be a given - but Vicki Vale or the Batman Returns villains would be much welcome additions as well.

It will probably be the model from the villians game.Ā 

Which has minor changes.

Ā 

Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

7-8 sets? Thatā€˜s quite impressive I have to say, that might be the largest wave weā€˜ve gotten for DC since the start of the theme. And people were already preparing their eulogiesĀ :tongue:

Plus, Batman is rumored to have a mech in the The LEGO Movie 2, which is very likely to become a set in the summer waveĀ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wesker said:

He'sļ»æ also just reveaļ»æled that the bat car is the 1989 Batmobile from the Burton films. Perfect timing for next year's 30th anniversary!ļ»æ

Excellent!Ā :thumbup:Ā :sweet:

Here's to hoping they'll be able do it justice, as the 2014 UCS Tumbler may have been easy to capture in bricks due to its angular aesthetic, but the curves of the "Burton-Mobile" may be a bit more of a challenge to capture cleanly. Also, what will be the chances they'll equip it withĀ Batman Return's Batmissile function, and which villian(s) may accompany its presumed Keaton Batman figure? Plus, will it need a new windshield mold or other new parts for its construction, such as wheels, tires, or wheelwells?Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I noticed somethingĀ 

Whatever happened to Shazam?

Ā 

There has to be a least a Shazam set, right?

Or LEGO just dropped the other DC superheroes for good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wesker said:

He's also just revealed that the bat car is the 1989 Batmobile from the Burton films. Perfect timing for next year's 30th anniversary!

The one that came in the Jokerland set was good but I'm definitely up for a more detailed stand alone version. Hopefully it will include a few minifigures based on the film(s). Nicholson's Joker would be a given - but Vicki Vale or the Batman Returns villains would be much welcome additions as well.

Iā€™m going to proudly put my hand up and say that I doĀ not care for a Nicholson Joker figure, even as a completist. I would rather see a Pfeiffer Catwoman.

@Robert8 I hope not!

Edited by RedHoodPug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh I noticed somethingĀ 

Whatever happened to Shazam?

Ā 

There has to be a least a Shazam set, right?

Or LEGO just dropped the other DC superheroes for good?

Look at the set numbers. 76121 is missing from the list. That could be the Shazam setĀ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh ok ok. Thanks

Ā 

Also, JP Joker has to appear somewhere. Even if there are not sets based on that movie, they wont miss the chance to include him somewhere. Just like SQ Harley Quinn in the TLM2 set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ā It really bothered about seeing anything from the burton films, nine of the characters have good designs.

i think the best thing would be a dark aesthetic like the 2006 series. I have so much nostalgia for the originalĀ batman theme and wanna see a few of the ideas from there Return. Specifically with a black and grey batcave! Iā€™m all for having it hi-tech (lights instead of flames) but something along the lines of the modern comics, or even the arkhams games, is what Iā€™d like to see. In a perfect world the D2C would be the Batcave, or the whole wave would be a collect and build one, but I just hope itā€™s big enough for a substantial display piece

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Iā€™m going to proudly put my hand up and say that I doĀ not care for a Nicholson Joker figure, even as a completist. I would rather see a Pfeiffer Catwoman.

@Robert8 I hope not!

Pheiffer Catwoman is my most wanted character from the Burton films so you're not alone. Hopefully the Batmobile will cover both films and not just the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wesker said:

Pheiffer Catwoman is my most wanted character from the Burton films so you're not alone. Hopefully the Batmobile will cover both films and not just the first.

Do we know for sureĀ if this Batmobile is the same as the Tim Burton version, or just inspired by it? With the anniversary thing, it could goĀ either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Do we know for sureĀ if this Batmobile is the same as the Tim Burton version, or just inspired by it? With the anniversary thing, it could goĀ either way.

Mini_legogo posted a picture of a model toy kit of the Burton Batmobile on his Instagram stories and saidĀ it'll be that one, so I think it's safe to say that we'reĀ going to get an accuratelyĀ detailed as well asĀ minifigure scaledĀ version of the 1989 Batmobile this time.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Mini_legogo posted a picture of a model toy kit of the Burton Batmobile on his Instagram stories and saidĀ it'll be that one, so I think it's safe to say that we'reĀ going to get an accuratelyĀ detailed as well asĀ minifigure scaledĀ version of the 1989 Batmobile this time.

Wait a minute, the "Burton-Mobile" is going to be minifigure-scaled, rather than UCS-scaled?Ā :look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Wait a minute, the "Burton-Mobile" is going to be minifigure-scaled, rather than UCS-scaled?Ā :look:

Didnā€™t think scale was mentionedĀ :def_shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedHoodPug said:

Didnā€™t think scale was mentionedĀ :def_shrug:

Huh, I was just presuming that the 1989 Batmobile being spoken of was synonymous with the rumored DC/Batman D2C talked about earlier on this topic.Ā :shrug_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the idea of a D2C 1989 Batmobile in the same scale as the 2014 Tumbler with Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker minifigs. It would be cool if we got an Animated Series one as well.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now