J4ck

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Recommended Posts

I know this is off topic, but the Soldier 76 hairpiece from Overwatch and the 1966 Alfred headpiece would be good for a custom Commissioner Gordon.

I recently made a custom using the Jor-El hairpiece, the 1966 Alfred headpiece, the light flesh arms with white sleeve, and the torso and legs from the Commissioner Gordon minifig from the LBM minifig series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's now a leaked photo of Firefly in the usual place and unless whoever took the photo made a mistake, his head underneath the helmet is 2012 Bruce Wayne/Lex Luthor/2012 Loki/nameless Star Wars Trooper #45325/Guard. A little disappointing since Firefly in most stories is covered in burn wounds and his face is usually disfigured.

Though it probably won't be that hard to fix, the TMNT Shredder minifigure from a few years back has a pretty good head as a replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

There's now a leaked photo of Firefly in the usual place and unless whoever took the photo made a mistake, his head underneath the helmet is 2012 Bruce Wayne/Lex Luthor/2012 Loki/nameless Star Wars Trooper #45325/Guard. A little disappointing since Firefly in most stories is covered in burn wounds and his face is usually disfigured.

Though it probably won't be that hard to fix, the TMNT Shredder minifigure from a few years back has a pretty good head as a replacement.

I saw the image myself and while it's a re-used face, it should be noted that this IS "The Batman" cartoon version of Firefly who had a normal face with a blonde goatee and black eyebrows (like the Lego Ra's Al Ghul minifigure). So Lego Firefly in that respect should've had a face like the General Zod minifig from Man of Steel. Yes, Garfield Lynns had a body covered in burns in the comics and other universes/franchises after getting engulfed in one of his own blazes but in the cartoon The Batman and presumably in BTAS he is unscathed. 

Edited by PremierComix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

There's now a leaked photo of Firefly in the usual place and unless whoever took the photo made a mistake, his head underneath the helmet is 2012 Bruce Wayne/Lex Luthor/2012 Loki/nameless Star Wars Trooper #45325/Guard. A little disappointing since Firefly in most stories is covered in burn wounds and his face is usually disfigured.

Though it probably won't be that hard to fix, the TMNT Shredder minifigure from a few years back has a pretty good head as a replacement.

You could also use the Burned Anakin head from 75183

Lego Minifig, Head Male Scars Front and Back, White Pupils, Black Thin Mouth Pattern - Hollow Stud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

You could also use the Burned Anakin head from 75183

 

Goooooood call, I'll definitely be doing that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

You could also use the Burned Anakin head from 75183

 

Completely forgot about using that head. Now I'll definitely be using that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new comic Aquaman leaked... quite a beautiful minifig. The beard and long hair are striking and definitely make it stand out but the lack of leg printing is slightly disappointing (though, predictable).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh, I've been using that head for Gar since it came out. I'm still using it in fact

DC Figs 64- Bad dudes

(Shameless plug- I've written a Killer Moth series on Flickr starring the Bugs, 100+ issues heh.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this Bat-Sub is going to be a must buy for me, just because of the Aquaman and Ocean Master minifigs. Finally we are getting some good minifigs instead of lame repeats over and over again.

Also the legs from Aquaman in the movie set would work great on the new one.

Edited by Mountain Drew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Aquaman is fantastic!  I definitely agree; Aquaman's movie legs would work great on him. I'm definitely going to have to order some extras at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a little disappointed about only getting two sets. But aqua man mnakes up for it BIGTIME. I’m happy with this wave. I pray the summer wave will be good and we will get more than two sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BrickHat said:

That purist Mr. Freeze is incredible.

Not actually purist but still pretty darn good nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Not actually purist but still pretty darn good nonetheless.

Just curious which piece is not lego?  And that Aquaman is very nice will be a must buy set with the Ocean Master both great figs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, J4ck said:

Not actually purist but still pretty darn good nonetheless.

Well sure, the handcuff pieces aren't if you're going into specifics....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Just curious which piece is not lego?  And that Aquaman is very nice will be a must buy set with the Ocean Master both great figs.  

It’s all Lego as far as I’m aware. Purist don’t take arms out and out them in another lego torso etc. Purists are pure.

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Well sure, the handcuff pieces aren't if you're going into specifics....

Handcuffs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, J4ck said:

It’s all Lego as far as I’m aware. Purist don’t take arms out and out them in another lego torso etc. Purists are pure.

Handcuffs?

Actually over in the Purist customs section we do swap arms and it’s still considered purist :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J4ck said:

It’s all Lego as far as I’m aware. Purist don’t take arms out and out them in another lego torso etc. Purists are pure.

Handcuffs?

That is what most "Purists" do, because to many, hands and arms are separate pieces, the same as legs and hips.

Non purist figs are when a part is otherwise modified without using Lego (paints, sculpting materials etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the term when you use torsos as they are without hands etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 12:39 AM, The Pearson said:

A new comic Aquaman leaked... quite a beautiful minifig. The beard and long hair are striking and definitely make it stand out but the lack of leg printing is slightly disappointing (though, predictable).

His facial expression though is quite plain. Reminds me somewhat of this minifigure expression:

LegoHeadLgBoy10056963_x.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

His facial expression though is quite plain. Reminds me somewhat of this minifigure expression:

*snip*

Now I can't unsee it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.