Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, for most themes, rumors for the next year typically come around during August of the preceding year, if not right after SDCC weekend during the first couple weekdays following. The thing is, like some have speculated here, Lego's SDCC showcase set for DC may instead be the D2C we've been expecting for this year rather than a 2020 set; but, nonetheless, we could still hear our first 2020 rumors for this theme right after SDCC wraps-up.

Last year,in September I think it was, we got the leak for the big venom set. Also in February 2018 we got the infinity war leaks

29 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Last year,in September I think it was, we got the leak for the big venom set. Also in February 2018 we got the infinity war leaks

September? The Venom leak was July, just in time for Comic Con

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

September? The Venom leak was July, just in time for Comic Con

Well, it wasn't really a leak because LEGO revealed it themselves.

50 minutes ago, PickleManDan said:

Well, yeah, just using Decommander's words

19 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

My bad sry, I remember it being leaked but I googled it and you're right

Just spoke to a Lego employee and she said the d2c set is being revealed tomorrow, I don't know whether she knew what I was talking about lol,so don't get your hopes up but keep your eyes and ears open

Edited by DeCommander96

1 minute ago, DeCommander96 said:

Just spoke to a Lego employee and he said the d2c set is being revealed tomorrow, I don't know whether she knew what I was talking about lol

anything on any new sets and what d2c set are you talking about?

1 minute ago, JosiahJVL said:

anything on any new sets and what d2c set are you talking about?

He’s talking about the Batvehicle D2C that’s been confirmed for months and is supposedly coming out in August. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

He’s talking about the Batvehicle D2C that’s been confirmed for months and is supposedly coming out in August. 

oh, how have i never heard of this sound very exiting.

41 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Just spoke to a Lego employee and she said the d2c set is being revealed tomorrow, I don't know whether she knew what I was talking about lol,so don't get your hopes up but keep your eyes and ears open

With SDCC this weekend, sure, that makes sense in light of recent speculation of such.

55 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

so like that young justice set. Lego what are u dong smh.

You talking about @Ashnflash's recently rejected LEGO Ideas submission?

36 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

@Ashnflash's recently rejected LEGO Ideas submission?

I never caught why they changed that rule. My guess would be something to do with those IP's not wanting to do the fan creator cut or something. Ideas just feels more empty without those sets tbh. Plus, cool sets for original themes like this get swept under the rug with the same brush.

Dope as hell set idea though.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

51 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I never caught why they changed that rule. My guess would be something to do with those IP's not wanting to do the fan creator cut or something. Ideas just feels more empty without those sets tbh. Plus, cool sets for original themes like this get swept under the rug with the same brush.

Dope as hell set idea though.

It makes sense really. There are a few reasons. 

If Lego has a licence then they are the ones with the license. If someone submits a MOC to Ideas and they haven’t got full knowledge of the limitations of the license regarding use and ownership, then there is the possibility of mass disappointment should it reach the target.

In addition, if an Idea resembles an actual set in the pipeline then there is the possibility of someone claiming plagiarism (this is an odd one that crops up because Lego owns the rights to the bricks and I suspect the rights to the possible combinations, and the licencee owns the characters, vehicles and locations).

I suspect that there is a slightly more selfish reason as well, in that a Lego designer working on a theme gets bested by a MOCer, then they would feel a little down about themselves. 

Finally it stops confusing and cluttering the themes.

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

She said another is coming

i think she thought I meant DC set though lol

It makes sense to release something tomorrow as the last Super Hero reveals were mostly on a wednesday and it is of course Comic con week. 

There are apparently 11 DC Super Hero sets coming in (early?) 2020. Setnumbers for this and other themes are on FalconFan his Instagram. 

Edited by Hoth Rebel

26 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

There are apparently 11 DC Super Hero sets coming in (early?) 2020. Setnumbers for this and other themes are on FalconFan his Instagram. 

That is insane! With this and the Batman 80th anniversary sets, it is becoming hard for me to keep up with the theme!

45 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

No, there are 9 Superhero sets coming and 2 confirmed DC sets. While there will certainly be some DC sets within the 9 sets on the list some of them will almost certainly be Marvel based.

8 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

No, there are 9 Superhero sets coming and 2 confirmed DC sets. While there will certainly be some DC sets within the 9 sets on the list some of them will almost certainly be Marvel based.

Ah yes, you're right. I already thought I missed something and I guess the Blue Super Hero logo made me think it was DC. 

Just now, Hoth Rebel said:

Ah yes, you're right. I already thought I missed something and I guess the Blue Super Hero logo made me think it was DC. 

Yea, I thought the same initially as well and was like poor wallet... but then I took a closer look. Still we can expect a decent amount of sets if the list is true.

Well Marvel has like 9 sets coming, and DC has confirmed to have at least two, so surely most of, if not all the other sets could be DC. Maybe split into a Batman theme and a Justice League theme like how Marvel has Avengers and Spider Man

11 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well Marvel has like 9 sets coming, and DC has confirmed to have at least two, so surely most of, if not all the other sets could be DC. Maybe split into a Batman theme and a Justice League theme like how Marvel has Avengers and Spider Man

I'm pretty sure everyone gets their own theme now

59 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

So like a lot of the rumored sets and numbers and prices no details is it likely that tomorrow at sdcc they reveal the sets but with no pictures and we would get set descriptions.

oh and, i just did some digging all 11 of the sets are dc, i cant say too much though.

Nope, 100% positive they are not all dc 

Edited by Falconfan1414