Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Um, has anyone checked out the new VIP Rewards Center yet? The LEGO Batpod model that you could win by lottery in 2015 was “brought out of the archives” and made available today for 15,000 points using the updated point system!! It’s now sold out. That’s crazy! 

Wait that was a limited time offer?! Nooooooooo.

hoping it comes back!

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Um, has anyone checked out the new VIP Rewards Center yet? The LEGO Batpod model that you could win by lottery in 2015 was “brought out of the archives” and made available today for 15,000 points using the updated point system!! It’s now sold out. That’s crazy! 

I read that on Brick fan this AM, that's such BS, I just recently purchased the wheels to build this model for $50 AUD along with some other small parts. Lego then decides to change the VIP system, place the Bat-pod online again (really, why not just release the set for the true passionate Batman fans, not these one eyed money hungry vultures) 

really disappointing!

6 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

(really, why not just release the set for the true passionate Batman fans, not these one eyed money hungry vultures) 

How exactly would you do this? I mean, how do you make someone prove they're a "true passionate Batman fan" instead of a scalper? Make them take a quiz?

2 hours ago, tafkatb said:

How exactly would you do this? I mean, how do you make someone prove they're a "true passionate Batman fan" instead of a scalper? Make them take a quiz?

They could have to send in a picture of their Batman tattoo. We all have one, right?

2 hours ago, tafkatb said:

purchase history / sets displayed via social media ....

Just now, scottypavarotti said:

They could have to send in a picture of their Batman tattoo. We all have one, right?

yeah mate!!

4 hours ago, tafkatb said:

edit: bad joke. I regretted it immediately

I think the batpod should be not too bad to make on your own, right? No exclusive parts?

Edited by linnormlord

38 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

edit: bad joke. I regretted it immediately

I think the batpod should be not too bad to make on your own, right? No exclusive parts?

I BrickLinked mine in April and it cost about $120 (the 15,000 point price equates to about $115 in the new VIP system). It is hard since there are very rare pieces like the Tumbler tires that only came in three sets including the Batpod, and Hero Factory shield pieces that only came in a handful of sets as well. It definitely isn’t as easy as it sounds. 

I bricklinked mine before 2 years ago. It was cheaper for me to buy 3 Hero Factory sets(new) from a local dealer for the shield pieces instead of buying them from bricklink :) And I was lucky with tires. My LUG have them :)

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Im starting to think the d2c may be cancelled

Or maybe it will be revealed last minute like the Aston Martin? Have patience, it'll arrive :wink:

3 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

There’s still a pending SDCC DC set reveal (probably the only thing they haven’t revealed yet) and I’d bet good money it’ll be this set :sweet:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

There’s still a pending SDCC DC set reveal (probably the only thing they haven’t revealed yet) and I’d bet good money it’ll be this set :sweet:

How much you wanna bet lol

i agree though

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:
8 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Huh, that would sorta makes sense, as this year's SDCC reveal for Marvel is technically for a late-2019 release rather than early-2020. 

13 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, that would sorta makes sense, as this year's SDCC reveal for Marvel is technically for a late-2019 release rather than early-2020. 

I'm pretty sure they just wanted to make a flurken lol

i heard the marvel set was meant to be for the movie but they scrapped it due to it being too small so they are releasing it now

6 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I'm pretty sure they just wanted to make a flurken lol

i heard the marvel set was meant to be for the movie but they scrapped it due to it being too small so they are releasing it now

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the Endgame set, not the Captain Marvel exclusive, seeing as we've already seen the dc exclusive.

2 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the Endgame set, not the Captain Marvel exclusive, seeing as we've already seen the dc exclusive.

Oh ok lol sry

um...... its very weird we have not seen any 2020 leaks or rumors, we usually get them by now is Lego waiting for SDCC '19 or is the DC line just done with due to the lack of sales and hate going out to Lego brand for there little effort in the DC line compared to harry potter, Marvel and star wars.

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

um...... its very weird we have not seen any 2020 leaks or rumors, we usually get them by now is Lego waiting for SDCC '19 or is the DC line just done with due to the lack of sales and hate going out to Lego brand for there little effort in the DC line compared to harry potter, Marvel and star wars.

I doubt it. If that were ever for some reason the case I would be greatly impacted, as I primarily buy DC sets.

Edited by RadioYeh

3 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

It’s a little early for leaks and rumors...give it a little time 

3 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Well, for most themes, rumors for the next year typically come around during August of the preceding year, if not right after SDCC weekend during the first couple weekdays following. The thing is, like some have speculated here, Lego's SDCC showcase set for DC may instead be the D2C we've been expecting for this year rather than a 2020 set; but, nonetheless, we could still hear our first 2020 rumors for this theme right after SDCC wraps-up.

Edited by Digger of Bricks