Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

A Shazam polybag of the same (or at least veeeery similar) fig from the set leaked. Seems odd but it’ll make a cool promo.

@besters_brick on IG

Edited by Legocity2713

A Shazam polybag, Awesome! Just saw the leaked image. I prefer this no hood version. This is great news for my wallet. I wonder if this will be available at Target and / or Wally-World? Hope this is made available soon.

Edited by BitByBrick

So LEGO saw it coming? They knew the movie was going to underperform at the box office and that's why they didnt release a set, only the Shazam minifigure?

50 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

So LEGO saw it coming? They knew the movie was going to underperform at the box office and that's why they didnt release a set, only the Shazam minifigure?

Except it didn't "underperform." It did had the lowest earnings of the DCEU, but also the lowest budget, and made back well more than it cost. Most likely, Lego decided to focus the budget on a Batman-based theme due to A) his anniversary and B) his selling capabilities, and added Shazam in due to the recent addition. Since the DCEU standalone movies have always gotten fewer sets (excluding Man of Steel), it doesn't surprise me that they stuck to this plan.

Well, this removes any pressure I felt to get the Batwing. :P I was planning on Bricklinking Shazam anyway--I hope this is wide-release, maybe a GWP for when the D2C is released.  It would be a pretty odd one given that this figure comes in a set, but hey, whatever....

So looks like my only incentive for that Batwing set is now just Gordon. On the one hand, it's great that the polybag actually gave him hair instead of the hood and keeping him bald. But this could've been a perfect (and last) opportunity to make a DCEU version like the one from the game, seeing as how those "leaks" about getting a movie set turned out to be a huge lie...

15 hours ago, BaneShake said:

Except it didn't "underperform." It did had the lowest earnings of the DCEU, but also the lowest budget, and made back well more than it cost. Most likely, Lego decided to focus the budget on a Batman-based theme due to A) his anniversary and B) his selling capabilities, and added Shazam in due to the recent addition. Since the DCEU standalone movies have always gotten fewer sets (excluding Man of Steel), it doesn't surprise me that they stuck to this plan.

Indeed. It exceeded my expectations, and so have Lego with two ways of getting a Shazam figure at long last!

On 5/14/2019 at 9:16 PM, SoupOrFishOil said:

Well, this removes any pressure I felt to get the Batwing. :P I was planning on Bricklinking Shazam anyway--I hope this is wide-release, maybe a GWP for when the D2C is released.  It would be a pretty odd one given that this figure comes in a set, but hey, whatever....

Id say it will be packaged with the blu ray

I wanna believe that Batman Family Matters didn't come with a new Batgirl (Rebirth) or Nightwing (Rebirth) minifigure because those figs are being saved for a few sets that might be released at the end of the year or with the UCS set or something. You can easily make the Red Hood fig (the black hair is the same used on Bruce Banner and Ian Malcolm).

14 minutes ago, PremierComix said:

I wanna believe that Batman Family Matters didn't come with a new Batgirl (Rebirth) or Nightwing (Rebirth) minifigure because those figs are being saved for a few sets that might be released at the end of the year or with the UCS set or something. You can easily make the Red Hood fig (the black hair is the same used on Bruce Banner and Ian Malcolm).

If anything, those characters/variants are possibly being reserved for further "Batman" playsets to be released for 2020. I mean, to me, there doesn't look to be much Warner Bros. can offer Lego next year in the way of source material for sets based upon DCEU installments, as all there'll be is Birds of Prey (highly unlikely to receive direct tie-in sets) and Wonder Woman 1984 (I don't know, perhaps there may be more than one tie-in set this time?); so, comic-based sets could dominate most (if not all) of DC's Lego offerings for then.

I’m glad I sold my 2012 bat cave and LEGO will be releasing a better and upgraded version that combines the batwing/bat mobile and the bat cave!

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Smyths toys in the uk have all the summer sets in store and online

I found the city space sets but not the Batman ones.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

I found the city space sets but not the Batman ones.

Found them all in Smyths Crawley, very almost bought the bat mobile, but prioritised Harry Potter 

23 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Found them all in Smyths Crawley, very almost bought the bat mobile, but prioritised Harry Potter 

I meant online, but it doesn’t surprise me about the other themes being available, Smyths does this every year. Everyone goes to them because they have them first so they get more money in their pocket, win win.

15 hours ago, J4ck said:

I meant online, but it doesn’t surprise me about the other themes being available, Smyths does this every year. Everyone goes to them because they have them first so they get more money in their pocket, win win.

Just picked up the Batmobile from Smyths in Leeds - sweet :)

Will wait for some heavy discounts before buying any of the other sets (which is my usual LEGO modus operandi anyway to be fair)

Picture of Doomsday from an upcoming trading card game brings hope (with a side of irony). A Supes villain who isn’t Lex would be a welcome change.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Picture of Doomsday from an upcoming trading card game brings hope (with a side of irony). A Supes villain who isn’t Lex would be a welcome change.

Agreed, but the picture is of Doomsday as he appears in the latest Lego video game, so it's probably just taken from that. We ARE getting some variants from that game as actual minifigs (Joker, Riddler and Two-Face, I think), but if they made a big-fig Doomsday, I'd rather they didn't use that version (wearing his green containment suit with just half his face visible). It wouldn't have the same child appeal as his classic "big grey rock monster" look (plus, some kids would see a green bigfig and think he was a weird version of the Hulk).

8 hours ago, Felkin said:

Agreed, but the picture is of Doomsday as he appears in the latest Lego video game,

I'm pretty sure the render is taken directly from the game's marketing. I would love a Doomsday big-fig but I doubt they'd make one with his containment suit on.

58 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I'm pretty sure the render is taken directly from the game's marketing. I would love a Doomsday big-fig but I doubt they'd make one with his containment suit on.

Stranger Things have happened. 

9 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

To be honest, IF they ever make a Doomsday, I hope they won't make it like the one from LDCSV, with the containment suit.
Rather I would really like it to be the version from LB3: Beyond Gotham.

Regards,
Mitch