Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Pretty quiet on the DC side!

Hoping we get some special freebie sets as well to celebrate batmans 80th.

Maybe after the Marvel avengers craze!!

6 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Pretty quiet on the DC side!

For all we're aware of so far for this year, the only thing we're still waiting for is that BatVehicle D2C.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

For all we're aware of so far for this year, the only thing we're still waiting for is that BatVehicle D2C.

Do we have any more info on that yet? Personally, I’m hoping for a collector’s series BvS Batmobile. 

1 hour ago, halomaster96 said:

Do we have any more info on that yet? Personally, I’m hoping for a collector’s series BvS Batmobile. 

I don't think they will make BvS Batmobile, most likely to be some classic batmobile. 

If anything, I'm willing to bet it's going to be a UCS 1989 Batmobile with exclusive Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker minifigures. Along with Batman's 80th anniversary this year, it's also the 30th anniversary of the first Burton Batman film, and since they didn't include special minifigures in the Pursuit of the Joker set with that Batmobile, this would be the next best opportunity.

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I just hope we get a couple of polybags, books and maybe a surprise wave, or at least some rumours for next year lol, whens thats supposed to happen?

you never know!

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

I just hope we get a couple of polybags, books and maybe a surprise wave, or at least some rumours for next year lol, whens thats supposed to happen?

Typically, rumors for the following year (2020) usually start popping-up around August.

5 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

If anything, I'm willing to bet it's going to be a UCS 1989 Batmobile with exclusive Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker minifigures. Along with Batman's 80th anniversary this year, it's also the 30th anniversary of the first Burton Batman film, and since they didn't include special minifigures in the Pursuit of the Joker set with that Batmobile, this would be the next best opportunity.

Exactly! :thumbup: :smug:

I'm hoping mostly for an exclusive promo fig. That's not to say I'm not excited at the prospect of a USC Burton Batmobile, but the Keaton and Nicholson figs will be similar *enough* to past Batmen and Jokers that they won't really be a selling point. 

I'd really like to see the DCSV Deathstroke surface at some point

On 4/22/2019 at 8:55 PM, Lionbear8 said:

Hoping we get some special freebie sets as well to celebrate batmans 80th.

It'd probably never happen, but I'd love to see a Bricktober pack with the first Batsuit, Harvey Bullock and maybe some others like The Phantasm.

So that weird little apparatus in the Batcave with the saws is supposed to be added weapons for Batman? . . Did Batman swap minds with Doc Ock while we weren't looking? Because I thought it was Spider-Man who did that . . XD

Other than that, though, the Batcave looks pretty underwhelming. And they seriously built it to work with the Batwing, but not the cycles or Batmobile? Lame. 

By the way, according to the Batmobile's rear box art (set no. 76119), not only do the exhaust flames spin, but so do the turbine fans hidden underneath the front battering ram, JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL UCS BATMOBILE FROM 2006 IT'S INSPIRED AFTER... :thumbup: :smug:

Batwing can land in the Batcave in another nice nod to the original wave. These pictures do make the sets look more appealing, I have to say.

Yup, it's pretty clear now more than ever that the Batmobile in that set is a deliberate homage to the original UCS version instead of the 1989 Batmobile, which I think is pretty cool.

I still think I'm one of the very few on here who likes the Batwing design. It's not as good as the 2006 Batwing, but it's definitely a close second for me, miles better than the 2012 one. It looks great displayed in the Batcave as well, reminds me of how the original one included a stand so that you can put it in the 2006 Batcave. I still find it odd though that they decided to put in a docking section for the Batwing in the set, but not a turntable for the Batmobile that comes in the same wave...

3 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Yup, it's pretty clear now more than ever that the Batmobile in that set is a deliberate homage to the original UCS version instead of the 1989 Batmobile, which I think is pretty cool.

I still think I'm one of the very few on here who likes the Batwing design. It's not as good as the 2006 Batwing, but it's definitely a close second for me, miles better than the 2012 one. It looks great displayed in the Batcave as well, reminds me of how the original one included a stand so that you can put it in the 2006 Batcave. I still find it odd though that they decided to put in a docking section for the Batwing in the set, but not a turntable for the Batmobile that comes in the same wave...

Agreed. Its a very compact build.

I just wished they had sets were you can expand upon the batcave.

A turntable with the batmobile would of been great that connects to the batcave.

It would make a great display.

16 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

To top it off even a little further, its got a Dark Red "leather" driver's seat, just like the '06 set too! :thumbup: :wink:

10 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

New Red Hood-centred Lego straight to DVD film-

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxKcGhEJVsd/ 

It doesn't look as though there will be an exclusive fig though

Red Hood centered? Truly unexpected. Shame about no fig, although there was one last year without a fig, so I'm not too surprised. If they do this year's the same way there should be one with a fig later on.

Seeing Jason being featured in this a surprise (considering his backstory) but a welcome one, especially since he's been the Robin that's almost always been shafted in anything animated.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Turns out the movie is coming with something included, but it's not an exclusive minifigure. It's just the mini Ultimate Batmobile polybag from TLBM, what a letdown. I guess they had a bunch of those polybags left over to spare.

35 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Turns out the movie is coming with something included, but it's not an exclusive minifigure. It's just the mini Ultimate Batmobile polybag from TLBM, what a letdown. I guess they had a bunch of those polybags left over to spare.

Major let down!

That batgirl from the pics would have been cool. 

Not sure if anybody else has seen this, but there's an image going around on Instagram that describes an Arrowcave based on the Arrowverse shows. The description of figures seems pretty spot on and there's a piece count and estimated price. Even so, I'm kind of skeptical since it seems too good to be true. Anybody else got any thoughts?

4 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

Not sure if anybody else has seen this, but there's an image going around on Instagram that describes an Arrowcave based on the Arrowverse shows. The description of figures seems pretty spot on and there's a piece count and estimated price. Even so, I'm kind of skeptical since it seems too good to be true. Anybody else got any thoughts?

Fake, no sources or anything.

17 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Fake, no sources or anything.

Thanks for the heads up, I figured as much but its always good to check.:thumbup: