Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, JediJosh said:

Hi guys I recently made a Lego version of The Ventriloquist and Scarface (using all official Lego parts) since they are currently not part of any set. Just want to get your opinions on them. There are two versions. 

If you think of any improvements or different pieces then please let me know.

(Couldn't upload pics to this post. Please click link below to see)

Lego The Ventriloquist and Scarface

I believe you've posted this here before, it looks alright, but this is for leaks and speculation, not customs

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Cant believe Batman needs Shazam's help to catch the Riddler hahaha With Clayface or Bane I'd get it. Heck, even Killer Croc or Manbat. But Riddler???? 

The villain should have been an actual supervillain

Next wave: Batman needs Wonder Woman's help to fight Baby Doll

I refer you to my Friday rant. I’ve never been this annoyed about a wave before. Supporting the theme is important for me but these sets make Batman look less use than a member of Section 8. And I like Dogwelder.

24 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I refer you to my Friday rant. I’ve never been this annoyed about a wave before. Supporting the theme is important for me but these sets make Batman look less use than a member of Section 8. And I like Dogwelder.

I’m not sure the set rosters are any sort of withering judgement or damning critique on Batman’s ability to fight his own battles - rather a way of getting different characters in sets and making sets that sell to the main audience.

But hey, I appreciate this is a Licensed thread and things are never good enough for some fans. 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

I’m not sure the set rosters are any sort of withering judgement or damning critique on Batman’s ability to fight his own battles - rather a way of getting different characters in sets and making sets that sell to the main audience.

But hey, I appreciate this is a Licensed thread and things are never good enough for some fans. 

It's kind of funny how complaints have switched from "the DC theme is too Batman-centric" to "why are other heroes helping Batman" for this past wave. Would you rather just not have other DC heroes show up at all?

6 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

It's kind of funny how complaints have switched from "the DC theme is too Batman-centric" to "why are other heroes helping Batman" for this past wave. Would you rather just not have other DC heroes show up at all?

Honestly I would rather have Batman anniversary sets that reflect his eighty years of memorable events including various heroes and villains in noteworthy scenarios, and DC sets that didn’t rely on Batman carrying them. We’ve had the latter before. I own them.

2 hours ago, williejm said:

I am more than aware that the sets are not intended to make Batman look less than capable. My apologies if the humour was too subtle. But from the perspective of an adult who has been a Lego and Batman fan for some thirty years, I found myself for the very first time disappointed with the set descriptions of an entire wave. I am always grateful for new characters, regardless of their visual quality. I am always grateful that a brand dear to me has been representing another brand equally dear to me for over ten years, which is why I do my upmost to support the line. At no point prior to now on here or anywhere have I voiced my own personal disappointment like this, so apologies if it appears that the sets aren’t good enough for me like I am some sort of spoiled child. Apparently providing negative feedback is not acceptable now. 

Part of the appeal of Batman is his ability to overcome insurmountable odds while simultaneously refusing help when offered. The current set descriptions do not reflect this, hence my disappointment.

Part of the appeal of a Shazam figure for the first time outside of a comic-con exclusive in a set is the possibility that he would come with Billy Batson, Black Adam, or given his future movie appearance, Dr Sivana. The current set descriptions do not reflect this, hence my disappointment.

Again my apologies for being truly disappointed in Lego for the first time in my life. 

The problem is the logic of set according to the license 

Riddler is a very mundane DC villain. Shazam wouldn't be needed there, like at all

Just change the villain for a supervillain like I.... I don't know.... Granny Goodness? Black Adam? 

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Riddler is a very mundane DC villain. Shazam wouldn't be needed there, like at all

Perhaps Batsy got hit on the head one too many times and now requires assistance to solve the Riddler‘s riddles :snicker:

I still hope there‘s one new villain in one of the sets we haven‘t heard of yet (Harley and Two-Face were omitted from the latest minifig list after all) but sadly, the chances are very slim at this point :hmpf_bad:

It might be the wrong topic but my god the Batman Animated Series Character pack from the DC Super Villains game features some amazing looking figures... I wish we could get them in physical form :wub_drool:

Just now, Robert8 said:

Cant believe Batman needs Shazam's help to catch the Riddler hahaha With Clayface or Bane I'd get it. Heck, even Killer Croc or Manbat. But Riddler???? 

The villain should have been an actual supervillain

Next wave: Batman needs Wonder Woman's help to fight Baby Doll

in the batman animated series batman did struggle a bit chasing after baby doll in that funhouse

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Joker in Arkham suit leaked. 

I like the alternate face and the new Arkham suit is growing on me 

38 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I like the alternate face and the new Arkham suit is growing on me 

I believe it is the same one as the recent Juniors face. I haven't checked, but I don't see them doing a different "scowling Joker" face when they already have one. And yes, I love this version of his face.

I know this isn't the place to complain about certain DC minifigures, but after seeing Two-Face from the BTAS DLC pack for DC Super Villains just makes me that more annoyed that Lego opted to go for the bright pink torso Rebirth version from the game, when the perfect design was right in front of them this entire time! Even though it's just a color swap of the 2012 version's torso and legs, it just looks so much better like this, an upgraded 2006 Two-Face with all the right details.

alosrl9.jpg

Edited by MisterBatfleck

7 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I know this isn't the place to complain about certain DC minifigures, but after seeing Two-Face from the BTAS DLC pack for DC Super Villains just makes me that more annoyed that Lego opted to go for the bright pink torso Rebirth version from the game, when the perfect design was right in front of them this entire time! Even though it's just a color swap of the 2012 version's torso and legs, it just looks so much better like this, an upgraded 2006 Two-Face with all the right details.

I've always preferred the B:TAS version myself as well, it's really too bad LEGO is going with the colorful version rather than the black&white.
Face-wise (pun not intended :grin:) I do think the one from 2012 is slightly better than the first LEGO version. The damaged side in your picture is just awesome though :wub:

Regards,
Mitch

The 76138 set seems to be called The Joker Escape, I guess that if there's a place to escape from, it's probably Arkham. But choosing an asylum for a 4+ years old set seems a bit weird...
Isn't the D2C 76139 set suppose to be a Batvehicle ? If it's true, I don't think The Joker & Harley will be in it, in a Arkham suit

And for Shazam, some websites still mention the 76121 set (with a price tag), as a set to come. I don't know how trustworthy are those informations but maybe we'll get one from the movie + the one we already saw in a comics version. Just like they did with Aquaman... Even if it looks like we won't have a Shazam vilain in the 76120 set

Edited by brew

Any DC purists can finally give Captain Cold boots. It’s a good day.

Edited by RedHoodPug
I’ve been Knighted!

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Any DC purists can finally give Captain Cold boots. It’s a good day.

Frozone ? I'm not sure it's the same blue...

Small update (since we haven't gotten set pictures yet, somehow). According to the leakers, Gordon will have Bruce Wayne's hair from TLBM in brown, with a torso print of a white shirt/blue tie, and a "brown suit coat printed extended to the legs". So it looks like we're finally getting a proper brown trench coat Commissioner Gordon minifigure. 

8 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

According to the leakers, Gordon will have Bruce Wayne's hair from TLBM in brown, with a torso print of a white shirt/blue tie, and a "brown suit coat printed extended to the legs".

That hairpiece recolor sounds quite fitting for Gordon! :thumbup: 

Not only does that sound perfect for Gordon, but the trenchcoat parts would greatly enhance purist Constantine or Question figures

Sounds like Lego gets it on the third (fourth outfit, third iteration) strike; Gordon dressed as he should. The hair fits quite nicely with the image of Jim stood on the roof of GCPD, waiting next to the Batsignal with the wind in his hair. Not that he will be doing that in the comics anytime soon.

Where can you find any pictures of these, specifically the Batcave Clayface Invasion? Brickset, which is my usual go to, doesn't seem to have any