Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

37 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Raise your hand if you think the build of the shazam set is going to be a plane or aircraft of some sort ?‍♂️

I thought that great set would be shazam, billy, freddy, and dr.sivana with a small destroyable ferris wheel like in the released footage, maybe a ticket stand or something else?

Just now, legosamsonite said:

I thought that great set would be shazam, billy, freddy, and dr.sivana with a small destroyable ferris wheel like in the released footage, maybe a ticket stand or something else?

That would be awesome, but Lego LOVES vehicle builds 

My guess is something like the 76002 Superman: Metropolis Showdown. But bigger, of course, and with another minifig (I’m assuming the set is somewhere in between $20-30)

I hope we get Billy as a minifig too (wishful thinking) and he can have a transforming "SHAZAM!" Play feature since it is a big part of the character 

Come on, Big Red Cheese! Batson and/or Sivana, preferably the former. Build I’m not fussed about but a weapon of Sivana’s would be cool. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

My guess is something like the 76002 Superman: Metropolis Showdown. But bigger, of course, and with another minifig (I’m assuming the set is somewhere in between $20-30)

Do we know the villain of the movie yet? Also I'm thinking we will get atleast 3 figs in this set

Just now, TOTDForever said:

Do we know the villain of the movie yet? Also I'm thinking we will get atleast 3 figs in this set

Dr Sivana portrayed by Mark Strong.

11 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Sadly not Black Adam and allegedly no mention of him. The chances of him being portrayed by Dwayne Johnson are getting slimmer unless it’s completely under wraps. Hopefully he will appear at some point to help bolster the LoD ranks (Adam not Johnson :laugh:)

3 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

It's Dr. Sivana, Shazam's oldest enemy in the comics and his archemeny. He's pretty much Shazam's own Lex Luthor, and Black Adam is basically his version of Zod. 

Spoiler

And it's confirmed that the Seven Deadly Sins of Man will also be the villains as well.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

15 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

It's Dr. Sivana, Shazam's oldest enemy in the comics and his archemeny. He's pretty much Shazam's own Lex Luthor, and Black Adam is basically his version of Zod. 

Hide contents

And it's also confirmed that the Seven Deadly Sins of Man will also be the villains as well.

I wonder who they'll put as the villain(s) in the set

21 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I wonder who they'll put as the villain(s) in the set

Sivana for sure, if it's movie based set, because we don't even really know what the 7 deadly sins look like in the movie, while sivana is the main marketed villain 

Sivana for sure, if it's movie based set, because we don't even really know what the 7 deadly sins look like in the movie, while sivana is the main marketed villain 

I just hope the build of the set isn't a jet. Whenever Lego does sets based off of movies they always seem to find an excuse to use a plane of some sort as a build (Captain Marvel set, Wonder Woman Movie set, A lot of the Avengers sets, Aquaman set) I just hope it is a playset build. Sure, those vehicles may be in the movie to some compacity but 9/10 there are dozens of other Lego set worthy scenes

5 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I just hope the build of the set isn't a jet. Whenever Lego does sets based off of movies they always seem to find an excuse to use a plane of some sort as a build (Captain Marvel set, Wonder Woman Movie set, A lot of the Avengers sets, Aquaman set) I just hope it is a playset build. Sure, those vehicles may be in the movie to some compacity but 9/10 there are dozens of other Lego set worthy scenes

To be fair, wonder woman had a great set, so no complaints there, and the aquaman set was not a jet, it was a sub

To be fair, wonder woman had a great set, so no complaints there, and the aquaman set was not a jet, it was a sub

My point was primary vehicle based builds regardless the terrain. I personally am not a fan of sets that rely solely on the vehicle builds. Also thay wonder woman set was kinda cool because of the Aries build 

25 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

It's funny you mention that, cause I literally just found promo art today on Twitter for what they'll look like in the movie:

Spoiler

DzsiYIkXcAAKBr8.jpg

Edited by MisterBatfleck

24 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

My point was primary vehicle based builds regardless the terrain. I personally am not a fan of sets that rely solely on the vehicle builds. Also thay wonder woman set was kinda cool because of the Aries build 

They could do a similar set to the Doctor Strange set which was a playset, but this time it is the the cave/lair where Shazam gets his powers. Either way I’m just happy we are getting a set and not having high expectations. 

Just now, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

They could do a similar set to the Doctor Strange set which was a playset, but this time it is the the cave/lair where Shazam gets his powers. Either way I’m just happy we are getting a set and not having high expectations. 

Fairpoint, I agree

Just now, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

As I've said before, a £30-ish set with the cave, the Wizard and a feature to transform Billy into the Big Red Cheese would be excellent- even better if they also included Sivana

5 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

As I've said before, a £30-ish set with the cave, the Wizard and a feature to transform Billy into the Big Red Cheese would be excellent- even better if they also included Sivana

Probable reality: Shazam, Sirvana, and a jet build with Sirvana piloting it and some firing missile feature lmao. All joking aside I am excited for this set regardless 

Even though the Shazam minifig doesn’t have dual molded legs or arm printing, I’m still happy we’re getting him in a way that (hopefully) doesn’t cost $300.

Regardless, it sounds like an excellent minifig. Hopefully the set is worth buying.

46 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

:rofl: sorry, deja vu. We’re getting close now. Another Golden Ager to join the ranks. I do think that Sivana could easily be purist built using Prof Strange’s or Doc Ock’s head, but a dedicated fig will be welcomed.

Edited by RedHoodPug

1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

Even though the Shazam minifig doesn’t have dual molded legs or arm printing, I’m still happy we’re getting him.

May I ask, what source says the fig will have no arm printing / duel molded legs? Until I see a photo I’m holding out hope. 

2 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Either way I’m just happy we are getting a set and not having high expectations. 

Agreed. Hopefully we get additional confirmation soon. Don’t want to get my hopes up quite yet. 

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

We’re getting close now. Another Golden Ager to join the ranks.

Shazam! will fit nicely in his dedicated missing spot in my DC collection! ?

Edited by BitByBrick

1 hour ago, BitByBrick said:

May I ask, what source says the fig will have no arm printing / duel molded legs? Until I see a photo I’m holding out hope. 

Just a thought: the Lego Hidden Side high school could make a good Arkham-style building if you take away the school specific elements. If anyone’s going for a game-style multi-building Asylum like myself. This, along with the 2017 and 2013 asylums should make a pretty substantial full asylum