Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, I was just presuming that the 1989 Batmobile being spoken of was synonymous with the rumored DC/Batman D2C talked about earlier on this topic. :shrug_confused:

I assumed its the minifigure scale version. 

The D2C is TBC.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, I was just presuming that the 1989 Batmobile being spoken of was synonymous with the rumored DC/Batman D2C talked about earlier on this topic. :shrug_confused:

Well I *assume* that it'll be minifigure-scaled, since Mini_legogo said that it's going to be included in the Batcave set.

He only mentioned "New bat cave and bat car" on the image providing the 7 set numbers. He didn't specify if they were coming together or being released separately. Just to recap for everybody who isn't on Instagram:

Set numbers for the upcoming Batman sets
76137 (4+)
76138 (4+)
76139 (D2C)

What we know
- One of the sets is a new Bat Cave that will come with Two-Face
- We are getting the Batmobile from the two Burton movies (Batman 89/Batman Returns)

What we don't know
- Names to go with the set numbers
- Anything about the D2C set beyond the set number
- Whether the Batmobile is included in the Bat Cave or is a separate release entirely
- Any other known minifigures being released other than Two-Face

Speculation
- Other characters beside 76117's Poison Ivy to be redesigned in the Super Villains video game include Joker, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Deathstroke, Batgirl, Nightwing and Commissioner Gordon which may (or may not) indicate them also receiving physical releases in the near future

12 hours ago, wesker said:

He only mentioned "New bat cave and bat car" on the image providing the 7 set numbers. He didn't specify if they were coming together or being released separately. Just to recap for everybody who isn't on Instagram:

Set numbers for the upcoming Batman sets
76137 (4+)
76138 (4+)
76139 (D2C)

What we know
- One of the sets is a new Bat Cave that will come with Two-Face
- We are getting the Batmobile from the two Burton movies (Batman 89/Batman Returns)

What we don't know
- Names to go with the set numbers
- Anything about the D2C set beyond the set number
- Whether the Batmobile is included in the Bat Cave or is a separate release entirely
- Any other known minifigures being released other than Two-Face

Speculation
- Other characters beside 76117's Poison Ivy to be redesigned in the Super Villains video game include Joker, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Deathstroke, Batgirl, Nightwing and Commissioner Gordon which may (or may not) indicate them also receiving physical releases in the near future

Great summary. Only thing missing in the mention of Catwoman also being updated in the DC Super Villains game and personally I think the odds of us getting her in a new Batman centric wave are pretty high.

I could definitely see the D2C being a big Batmobile (not minifig scale), like 7784 from 2006. But @_dimaks_lego said that 76139 was at least a bat-vehicle, so for all I know it could be anything from the Batwing to the Bat-Kayak.

Lego The Batmobile Ultimate Collectors' Edition

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Great summary. Only thing missing in the mention of Catwoman also being updated in the DC Super Villains game and personally I think the odds of us getting her in a new Batman centric wave are pretty high.

Not to mention that The Ventriloquist also uses pre-existing parts, both for himself, and the Scarface puppet. 

That doesn't mean we'll get him, but I would say that it does increase the chance somewhat

I'm hoping that they change the hairpiece for comic joker, I'm sorry but widows peak just doesnt work and LBM is a bit OTT

New two face? I'll take it, I hope they spread out the bat family across the sets, Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Robin, Robin, Red Hood, Alfred, Commish Gordon I hope for them all but seems very unlikely

Maybe one of these could be GCPD??? 

I would love for lego to go back and make a movie for all the older batman movies, we got one for 1966 show, we got 3(?) for TDK trilogy, we're supposedly getting the Keatonmobile, I would love some sets for Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin purely for the figures, it'd just be hilarious to have an Arnold Schwarzenneger Mr. Freeze

People complain about Joker oversaturation but beside LBM I don't think theres been a Joker-centric set since 2015

Just for context, the most recent design for Two-Face is the Rebirth design, and it was used in DC Supervillains. I believe this is the most likely design we will be getting in the rumored Batcave set next summer.

Image result for lego rebirth two face

I could be wrong though, Lego redesigned every minifig in the December 2018 wave of Spiderman sets (Spider-Gwen, Green Goblin, Spiderman, even Aunt May), when they could have as easily used the designs from Marvel Superheroes 2. For all I know they could be giving us the Two-Face from Batman Forever.

4 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

I would love for lego to go back and make a movie for all the older batman movies, we got one for 1966 show, we got 3(?) for TDK trilogy, we're supposedly getting the Keatonmobile, I would love some sets for Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin purely for the figures, it'd just be hilarious to have an Arnold Schwarzenneger Mr. Freeze

Thank you for reminding me that Batman And Robin really exists.

I literally went months without thinking about how Batman carries around a credit card with his logo on it.

6 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I literally went months without thinking about how Batman carries around a credit card with his logo on it.

Never leave the cave without it

11 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I could be wrong though, Lego redesigned every minifig in the December 2018 wave of Spiderman sets (Spider-Gwen, Green Goblin, Spiderman, even Aunt May), when they could have as easily used the designs from Marvel Superheroes 2. For all I know they could be giving us the Two-Face from Batman Forever.

I don't think lego ever just uses the design from the videogames (with the exception of dimensions maybe) but the video games use a mix of existing minifigure designs, designs original to the game and designs made by lego that the general public have not yet seen.

Edited by Agent Kallus

So is it too much to hope that Lego won't go for another brightly colored suit choice for Two-Face, since we got two of those already, and maybe give something like an updated version of his black and white suit from the 2006 line with a potentially blue scarred half of his face which would make it different from the previous versions as well as making it more accurate to his B:TAS incarnation?

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I don't think lego ever just uses the design from the videogames (with the exception of dimensions maybe) but the video games use a mix of existing minifigure designs, designs original to the game and designs made by lego that the general public have not yet seen.

I really wouldn't be against a complete redesign, since its something new that we haven't seen. I was actually quite surprised when the new Aquaman fig leaked, since I thought it was just gonna be the minifig we've gotten in 2013 and 2015. I'm a big fan of what they did in the December wave of Spiderman sets.

I'm just hoping that whatever they do to the designs, they do it good. I'm still praying for a new Superman and the Hush Batsuit sometime in the next year.

4 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

So is it too much to hope that Lego won't go for another brightly colored suit choice for Two-Face, since we got two of those already, and maybe give something like an updated version of his black and white suit from the 2006 line with a potentially blue scarred half of his face which would make it different from the previous versions as well as making it more accurate to his B:TAS incarnation?

I don't think it would really be asking a lot out of Lego to do just a normal Two-Face. I agree that the last two designs for him were way too unorthodox for my taste (although I have made a pretty decent custom using the 2012 headpiece and hair, the Beetlejuice torso, and plain black legs). I'm really hoping they either do the black and white design (something like B:TAS or the Arkham Games) or the Rebirth design. The Rebirth design is a lot more likely to me, just because its simple and up-to-date with the comics design.

Edited by Mountain Drew

7 sets; as long as we get the DC Super Villains versions of Joker, Two-Face, Clayface, Grundy, Copperhead, Shiva, Cheshire, Bronze Tiger and Ventriloquist and Scarface I'm good. Some people rumored that Grundy and Copperhead were supposed to be released with the App Enabled Batmobile last year so that team up could be seen this year. Put Joker, Two-Face, Clayface, Batgirl and Nightwing in a set together. Red Robin in the batcave set. Huntress in a set with Shiva and Cheshire. I could see most of these minifigures being released this year. 9 villains 4 heroes new and variant. I mean, I still wanna see Zsasz, Mad Hatter, Hush and Black Mask but I also wanna see these 13 characters more. Just a speculation.

19 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Thank you for reminding me that Batman And Robin really exists.

I am so sorry :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I hope they go for the black and white suit, bit like the suit in Arkham Knight would be great and blue scarring would be awesome! Although we probably are getting the bright pink torso that comes with Two-Face from DC Supervillains...

HI guys here is my idea/hope 

the main line of DC sets have Lego Dc supervillains redesigns for characters  such as The Joker, Two-Face in his rebirth/DC supervillains suit, and the main Batman (76117,76116/rebirth) 

but when the 4+ sets cone out 76137 & 76138 it would be awesome if we get a more classic pre 52 designs especially for Batman in a style of Tony S. Daniel, Andy Kubert from BATMAN AND SON/RIP batsuit or more well known HUSH  batsuit from Jim Lee and of course CLASSIC PURPLE SUIT Joker this way it won’t be too expensive for collectors to get the holy grail when it comes to bat suits in my opinion 

6f57f441ee00e2eaf5e0b9977c31fe8b.jpg7b37a8256105979724579580f8c0c414._SX12803456261-144-batman-jim-lee2.jpg

This way everyone wins fans of The Jokers design in DC supervillains will get him in the main wave 

and fans like myself who prefer a more traditional design of The Joker will still be able to get him with a new Batman based off the ones in the photos above (HUSH, RIP, BATMAN AND SON, BATMAN THE BLACK GLOVE) 

in the 4+ sets (76137,76138)

just my idea/hope/speculation :) 

Often times they include minifigs excusively in Juniors sets (Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Robin), so a classic Joker design or atleast some pre-52 designs wouldn’t be too unlikely IMO.

I don't know about any of the other DCSV designs, but I'm at least going to speculate that Superman and Riddler will show up in the summer. It's puzzling as to why there are two similar versions of Superman in the game, the one from the Lobo set and then one with printed trunks and boots. My guess is that the Lobo design was originally going to be used in the game but was substituted when TT received the more detailed design from LEGO. I think something similar happened with Riddler, who has his racer variation designated as "classic" in-game. I think aside from these two characters everyone in the game seems to have no-non DLC/transformation variants (except Poison Ivy, who I think was a similar case to these two, except her base design in game was going to be the non-physical New 52 version before the official design from the Bat-mech set came in). This is all guesswork though....

26 minutes ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

I don't know about any of the other DCSV designs, but I'm at least going to speculate that Superman and Riddler will show up in the summer. It's puzzling as to why there are two similar versions of Superman in the game, the one from the Lobo set and then one with printed trunks and boots. My guess is that the Lobo design was originally going to be used in the game but was substituted when TT received the more detailed design from LEGO. I think something similar happened with Riddler, who has his racer variation designated as "classic" in-game. I think aside from these two characters everyone in the game seems to have no-non DLC/transformation variants (except Poison Ivy, who I think was a similar case to these two, except her base design in game was going to be the non-physical New 52 version before the official design from the Bat-mech set came in). This is all guesswork though....

I would buy any set that the LDCSV Superman is in. Such a great minifig. 

3 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I would buy any set that the LDCSV Superman is in. Such a great minifig. 

Me too. That would finally settle my complaints about always getting the same Superman minifigure.

Also, I really hope it isn't the Tommy Lee Two-Face we're getting. His suit is far too gaudy for my tastes.

Just now, Mountain Drew said:

Maybe someday...

Maybe the day after we get the New 52 Superman from Lego Batman 3...

:shrug_confused:

I know I'm a bit late for this (and I'd hate to go on a rant), but in 76117 Batman Mech vs. Poison Ivy Mech, wouldn't it make more sense to include Martian Manhunter instead of Flash with yellow boots? I'm pretty sure one of Martian Manhunter's weaknesses is fire, and Firefly is also included in the set, so if they wanted to make things even between the good guys and the bad guys in the set, they did it wrong with Flash. Plus Martian Manhunter is due for a redesign, so its really a wasted opportunity.

Also, Reverse Flash is now unbalanced with the new Flash, since Reverse Flash doesn't have duel molded boots and Flash does. But I guess if you have the set with Reverse Flash you would also get regular Flash without duel molded boots. Its just little details like this that really annoy me.

LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Batman Mech vs. Poison Ivy Mech (76117)

2 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I know I'm a bit late for this (and I'd hate to go on a rant), but in 76117 Batman Mech vs. Poison Ivy Mech, wouldn't it make more sense to include Martian Manhunter instead of Flash with yellow boots? I'm pretty sure one of Martian Manhunter's weaknesses is fire, and Firefly is also included in the set, so if they wanted to make things even between the good guys and the bad guys in the set, they did it wrong with Flash. Plus Martian Manhunter is due for a redesign, so its really a wasted opportunity.

Also, Reverse Flash is now unbalanced with the new Flash, since Reverse Flash doesn't have duel molded boots and Flash does. But I guess if you have the set with Reverse Flash you would also get regular Flash without duel molded boots. Its just little details like this that really annoy me.

LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Batman Mech vs. Poison Ivy Mech (76117)

They also should have given Batman light bluish-gray/black dual-molded legs since he’s in the same set.