Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

I'm quite happy with how the new Aquaman turned out, it sort of reminds me of the unproduced Aquaman Action Figure from Justice League: Unlimited.

IMG_0678.JPG

Edited by Mountain Drew

Since this Aquaman makes it clear that TLG will continue to primarily use Rebirth designs as inspiration for the heroes' outfits, it will be interesting to see who else gets a new look in later sets next year. I'm not even going to try and speculate, since we know essentially nothing, but it will be welcome for just about any character, as I mostly love the recent costumes.

Except Huntress. I legitimately would be sad if we ever got a Rebirth Huntress instead of a classic Huntress.

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

I just want a different superman. Why has he never got a different comic outfit?

It's beyond me. You'd think, since they've prioritized including him over any leaguer other than Batman, that he'd have gotten an update. Even if TLG was under the impression that only a classic Superman costume will sell (which seems like it would be a weird impression, since other toys sell Superman variants all the time), there is still so much room for improvement with updated printing. They've literally not changed Superman's comic torso since it was first used for the NYCC 2011 figure. Seven years is a long time to have a relatively unchanged licensed figure.

9 hours ago, BaneShake said:

It's beyond me. You'd think, since they've prioritized including him over any leaguer other than Batman, that he'd have gotten an update. Even if TLG was under the impression that only a classic Superman costume will sell (which seems like it would be a weird impression, since other toys sell Superman variants all the time), there is still so much room for improvement with updated printing. They've literally not changed Superman's comic torso since it was first used for the NYCC 2011 figure. Seven years is a long time to have a relatively unchanged licensed figure.

It’s so strange, especially considering the video games and animated Lego movies have all had new 52/rebirth suits in them. The flash will have 3 versions by the next wave, Wonder Woman 4, cyborg 2, Martian manhunter 2, aquaman 2, green arrow 2, and then of course Batman has about 35. It is utterly baffling.

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

It’s so strange, especially considering the video games and animated Lego movies have all had new 52/rebirth suits in them. The flash will have 3 versions by the next wave, Wonder Woman 4, cyborg 2, Martian manhunter 2, aquaman 2, green arrow 2, and then of course Batman has about 35. It is utterly baffling.

Very much so. I find it weird that Superman has had three distinct movie-based figures (counting the SDCC Black Suit, four if you count the dual-molded legs on one of them) compared to two comic variants (one being the Clark Kent 'fig, ignoring the later minifigs using movie heads or hair). Wonder Woman has two movie looks (and only different in brighter colors, and optional hood and cape) to her four comic looks, Batman is somewhere in the range of eight live-action to forty-five trillion comic (not the official number). Even counting Mighty Micros only gets Superman even Movie to Not-Movie figures. Heck, Lex Luthor has one movie-figure to FIVE comic-figures; we have never once gotten a Lex duplicate!

Leaked image of the Bat-Sub is out, It looks... interesting, I haven't made up my mind how I feel about it but will definitely be getting the set anyway for Ocean Master, it's only a preliminary image but Batman seems to be the same aside from breathing apparatus and flippers, the sub itself reminds me a bit of the Quantum realm explorers ship but that's probably just me, overall seems like a meh set, good figures, meh build, the build is different from the bat-sub we already have though so that's something I guess

2 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

Leaked image of the Bat-Sub is out, It looks... interesting, I haven't made up my mind how I feel about it but will definitely be getting the set anyway for Ocean Master, it's only a preliminary image but Batman seems to be the same aside from breathing apparatus and flippers, the sub itself reminds me a bit of the Quantum realm explorers ship but that's probably just me, overall seems like a meh set, good figures, meh build, the build is different from the bat-sub we already have though so that's something I guess

Have you noticed that the Aquaman figure in the preliminary isn't the leaked comic variant we're expecting? Presumably as a placeholder, Momoa's Aquaman figure from Justice League is instead in its place. So, regarding Batman, we just might not be receiving the Rebirth variant once again. 

I like how we're getting a more realistic looking sub this time around, just because it differentiates from our last Bat-sub nicely. It'll be interesting to see if Batman is the same or not; even if it is the same as the Rebirth Batman we've gotten a few times, I can forgive it. It's still nowhere near as overused as the New 52 suit, or even more so, the black-suited Batman we got way too many of.

I like the sub, it lends itself to being part of a bigger vessel, like it’s a probe/scout/explorer type craft. Are they only putting out sharks now? That’s a bit of a letdown, otherwise I’m happy, two, possibly three new figs, different power blasts and a funky mini sub. 

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

I like the sub, it lends itself to being part of a bigger vessel, like it’s a probe/scout/explorer type craft. Are they only putting out sharks now? That’s a bit of a letdown, otherwise I’m happy, two, possibly three new figs, different power blasts and a funky mini sub. 

I like that idea. 

They could add some sea floor rocks or weeds. 

Hoepfully new Bats figure as well..

Theres also a new batman minifigure megazine polybag. 

Cant tell if its exclusive.

I wonder it it will solely be a for a batman megazine, in the same vain as the 4 x LBM mags. 

Since they're using a previous Aquaman figure as a placeholder, is there a possibility that the Rebirth Batman in the picture is also a placeholder for a new variation? Fingers crossed personally that it turns out to be the most current suit that he's wearing in the comics, AKA the Hush suit so that I can get an updated version of the original 2006 Lego Batman black and gray Batsuit.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

11 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Since they're using a previous Aquaman figure as a placeholder, is there a possibility that the Rebirth Batman in the picture is also a placeholder for a new variation? Fingers crossed personally that it turns out to be the most current suit that he's wearing in the comics, AKA the Hush suit so that I can get an updated version of the original 2006 Lego Batman black and gray Batsuit.

Id say if its a new suit it be a scuba suit. 

9 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Judging by the leaked catalogue, the next wave is going to drop the DC Superheroes branding in favour of Batman branding, like Marvel has.

I’d assume is this the new norm over DC and Marvel and permanent.

10 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Judging by the leaked catalogue, the next wave is going to drop the DC Superheroes branding in favour of Batman branding, like Marvel has.

Looks like Lego finally decided to stop pretending this theme isn't "Batman & Friends".

13 hours ago, LEGO_0801 said:

Hi does  anyone have pictures of 2019 Dc winter wave sets ?

There are pictures of the Batman Mech on page 1, no official photos of the Ocean Master set yet

14 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

I wonder if this has anything to do with the use of the phrase "Super Heroes." It's a jointly held trademark of Marvel and DC. Maybe the two companies aren't playing as well behind the scenes as we might hope?

5 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Looks like Lego finally decided to stop pretending this theme isn't "Batman & Friends".

The branding will probably rotate with the wave's subjects, so theoretical Shazam sets would have Shazam branding, A4 will have A4, etc.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:41 PM, MisterBatfleck said:

I'm sure at some point they'll switch back to that suit, since that's the one Batman's gonna be wearing once the Rebirth suit is done sometime in the next year. We might be able to get the Hush/Jim Lee batsuit as soon as August 2019. Lego usually does a good job of staying up-to-date with comic accurate suits (besides Superman, for some reason), so it wouldn't really be out of the question. 

I do hope if they are giving us yet another Batman design, that we also get a new comic-based Superman in the same wave (or at all). Superman is also switching back to his classic suit in 2019, so it would be a good time to finally give him  a new design.