Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

That can't be the reason 

Harley Quinn's hairpiece was reused out of the Batman Movie theme. Same with the Joker's 

----------------

How do we know that skirt in the pic actually belongs to this Poison Ivy? It seems like the movie skirt just from a different angle. Also, it's quite strange that is missing from the official pics.

After looking back at a 70908 review, the skirt in this photo is the same as the LBM Ivy. Considering its an in hand image of the figure, maybe the person behind its origin added in the cloth piece

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

After looking back at a 70908 review, the skirt in this photo is the same as the LBM Ivy. Considering its an in hand image of the figure, maybe the person behind its origin added in the cloth piece

Yeah, I don´t that's actually hers. Look at the skirt in this pic. It's the same

Image result for lego batman movie poison ivy review

I'm not too upset about Ivy's upcoming hair piece, primarily because it's going to let me give Mera a more proper red color! :grin:

The new Ivy will get one of the extra leaf-printed versions of that hair I have.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That‘s certainly an improvement over what we‘ve seen at SDCC, but of course still nowhere near as good as the TLBM version. I wonder why they decided not to continue using the more elaborate hairpiece :hmpf_bad: May it‘s due to licensing issues, but that would be really silly considering that all parties are involved either way (WB and TLG)

That’s not possible since Warner Bros owns DC Comics, there would be no issue.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That's what I meant :wink:

I see hahaha. 

I think the designers want the sets to stay true to the comics and I think that’s what they think we want since these sets are indeed from the comics. TLBM had very stylised characters, some drawing inspirations from live action adaptations. This is why I think the designers won’t reuse the molds, not any time soon anyway. Or at least in the DC sets.

Edited by J4ck

I think some TLBM molds will be used in the main DC line like Penguin's hat, Mr. Freeze's armor or Riddler's cane. 

But most of them (Eraser's head, Poison Ivy's hair, Robin's hair, Egghead's head, Riddler's hat with hair, etc) will reapper only for a TLBM sequel, if it ever happens. 

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That‘s certainly an improvement over what we‘ve seen at SDCC, but of course still nowhere near as good as the TLBM version. I wonder why they decided not to continue using the more elaborate hairpiece :hmpf_bad: May it‘s due to licensing issues, but that would be really silly considering that all parties are involved either way (WB and TLG)

They probably want us to forget how good we had it with those molds, so they’re trying to phase them out into more obscure sets/minifigs

The piece I really want to see return is Catwoman's mask with goggles. Mr. Freeze's shoulder-to-helmet piece would also be a nice return.

However, for right now, I don't think we'll be seeing either, based on what we know about the 2019 sets. As for Ivy's hairpiece, there are really two simple options:

1) Ivy's classic look, which is being adapted here, usually has her hairstyle fairly simple and down, which this piece captures well. In her modern incarnation, she's more in-touch with nature and cares less about things like styling her hair. In TLBM, she's wearing more fashion-styled outfits, more in line with something Uma Thurman might have worn for B&R, which did do more to intentionally style her hair.

2) This piece is cheaper. Lego can't always do huge and expensive things for every theme, and often has to be more budget-smart. We are getting a new mold for Firefly and dual molded legs for Flash, so it's not like TLG is just cheaping out on us, but every decision of the sort adds production costs. Sure, the piece might only add a few cents to make on one set, but across the thousands of sets that will be made, this would add up. And though I'm sure TLBM sets did well enough to be financially in the black for the theme, I also am pretty sure they weren't such huge successes as to blow profits out of the water, which is what TLG may have wanted. Playing it cheaper now means more room for continued profit for the theme; the more profit the theme makes, the more new, awesome, and elaborate pieces and characters we'll get as it continues.

1 hour ago, BaneShake said:

And though I'm sure TLBM sets did well enough to be financially in the black for the theme, I also am pretty sure they weren't such huge successes as to blow profits out of the water, which is what TLG may have wanted. 

From my understanding, CMF Series 2 and wave 3 sold poorly. 

7 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

So I’m confused are we getting 5 or 2 sets for dc comics 2019 because this penguin dude says we will be getting five.

For the first wave of dc comic sets coming in January, it seems we are getting 2 regular sets (batmech and ocean master set) as for the rest of the year and possible retail exclusives we don’t know at this point. 

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

From my understanding, CMF Series 2 and wave 3 sold poorly. 

That would definitely lend to why TLG might be a bit more fiscally conservative with the DC theme, then. Making more money back before they get extravagant.

On 10/19/2018 at 8:52 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

For the first wave of dc comic sets coming in January, it seems we are getting 2 regular sets (batmech and ocean master set) as for the rest of the year and possible retail exclusives we don’t know at this point. 

If we are only getting two sets for the next wave I hope that they compensate by making the designs for the summer wave better (if we are getting a summer wave). But now that I think about it, maybe we're only getting two sets this wave so they can make room for Shazam and Wonder Woman 1984 sets later in the year. But that would still leave two potential spots open if they follow the usual release schedule.

IDK man, this whole thing is really weird, considering DC Supervillains just came out you'd think they would want to promote the game any way they can, including sets based on vehicles/locations in the game.

58 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

If we are only getting two sets for the next wave I hope that they compensate by making the designs for the summer wave better (if we are getting a summer wave). But now that I think about it, maybe we're only getting two sets this wave so they can make room for Shazam and Wonder Woman 1984 sets later in the year. But that would still leave two potential spots open if they follow the usual release schedule.

IDK man, this whole thing is really weird, considering DC Supervillains just came out you'd think they would want to promote the game any way they can, including sets based on vehicles/locations in the game.

The lego movie 2 and avengers seem key for lego right now.

There is still 5 set numbers not accounted for after the bat mech. 

Could it be allocated for DC sets? 

There are only 2 DC Super Heroes sets coming in 1HY of 2019, unless there are some exclusives we don't know about, and the Shazam set/s. 2 SETS. 

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There are only 2 DC Super Heroes sets coming in 1HY of 2019, unless there are some exclusives we don't know about, and the Shazam set/s. 2 SETS. 

The A4 set Info was fake so how do we know this info isn’t fake?

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Because we've seen one set, the other set has been confirmed by reliable sources, and with the exception of Suicide Squad for obvious reasons, LEGO hasn't missed out on any DC film with at least one set

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

That's not how leaks work. There are like 2 months til January, and trust me, we know about all the sets coming, exclusives are exceptions, 'cause there still may be some of them.

A4 info was about specific sets and minifigures, it's too early for descriptions of the sets that are coming in March.

Weird situation. Wonder Woman 1984 has been pushed back to June 5 2020. They probably started making the set/s, but they'll probably release March 2020. So no Wodner Woman set/s this year.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Weird situation. Wonder Woman 1984 has been pushed back to June 5 2020. They probably started making the set/s, but they'll probably release March 2020. So no Wodner Woman set/s this year.

Really? Aww, that's a shame. And I intentionally skipped the Lex Luther mech this year on the provision that there would be a Cheetah in the 1984 set next year. Damnit . . .

11 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Really? Aww, that's a shame. And I intentionally skipped the Lex Luther mech this year on the provision that there would be a Cheetah in the 1984 set next year. Damnit . . .

You haven't missed it yet; Lex Luthor's Mech should still be available for purchase a bit longer.

19 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think DC had movie sets delayed upon release in the past, but I'm not exactly sure which film it was (BvS, maybe?) and we still had other sets when the movie wave was supposed to come out, so I'd wager Lego is working on putting something together to take the place of any Wonder Woman sets we won't be getting yet.