Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

48 minutes ago, PremierComix said:

You know I'm surprised that Lego decided not to do a Bricktober set for DC Super Villains. Replace the Jurassic World pack (which should've come with Hammond instead of that stupid baby Velociraptor, waste) or Ninjago pack (cool pack but characters could've been released in sets in place of repetitive gang villains or ninja characters) with a DC pack (since they did an Infinity War pack it would make sense to do a DC one). A Marvel pack, DC pack, Wizarding World pack and Ninjago pack should have been the lineup (no offence to JW but the sets don't feature enough dinos which are the only thing that are worth getting). DC pack could have come with Joker with spray can, Deathstroke with katanas, Merlyn the Dark Archer with bow and Black Adam. Maybe next year

I was disappointed that DC didn’t get one but after all it doesn’t really matter to me anymore especially now the U.K. isn’t going to get any.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:17 PM, MakkaG15 said:

I would just post a picture of the full roster, but I can't, so heres a youtube video of the full roster

I see Adam Strange is amongst that roster, which, according to Brickipedia, has never before been seen in non-physical form in a previous Lego DC videogame. Interesting...

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I see Adam Strange is amongst that roster, which, according to Brickipedia, has never before been seen in non-physical form in a previous Lego DC videogame. Interesting...

That's right, this would be his first Lego game appearance. And with his character on Krypton, it's possible he's gotten enough recent public attention for Lego to merit a minifigure down the line. No guarantees, but I would like seeing him appear in the future.

6 hours ago, BaneShake said:

That's right, this would be his first Lego game appearance. And with his character on Krypton, it's possible he's gotten enough recent public attention for Lego to merit a minifigure down the line. No guarantees, but I would like seeing him appear in the future.

It looks like his Rebirth design iteration is portrayed there, which I wouldn't mind seeing in physical form for a minifigure debut; but, I'd much rather prefer seeing a more classic iteration for the character's physical debut instead, primarily in the hopes of seeing a new helmet mold introduced for him.

adam_strange_by_tylerchampion-d3i58tv.jp

On 9/27/2018 at 4:48 PM, PremierComix said:

You know I'm surprised that Lego decided not to do a Bricktober set for DC Super Villains. Replace the Jurassic World pack (which should've come with Hammond instead of that stupid baby Velociraptor, waste) or Ninjago pack (cool pack but characters could've been released in sets in place of repetitive gang villains or ninja characters) with a DC pack (since they did an Infinity War pack it would make sense to do a DC one). A Marvel pack, DC pack, Wizarding World pack and Ninjago pack should have been the lineup (no offence to JW but the sets don't feature enough dinos which are the only thing that are worth getting). DC pack could have come with Joker with spray can, Deathstroke with katanas, Merlyn the Dark Archer with bow and Black Adam. Maybe next year

Disagree. Jurassic World is worth it for Ian Malcom and the Chris Pratt variant 

The 2019 catalog (not leaked but I’ve seen it and probably soon everybody else) reveals a set with Batman, Aquaman and Ocean Master. 

40 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

The 2019 catalog (not leaked but I’ve seen it and probably soon everybody else) reveals a set with Batman, Aquaman and Ocean Master. 

Wow, that sounds very good. Is this the only remaining DC set for 2019 or will there be another?

It’s a shame DC sets have gone from 2 desirable characters in each set to only one next year xP I’m really happy we’re getting Ocean Master though! The more non Batman villains the merrier!

From what I saw there were only 2 sets: the Batman Mech set and the Ocean Master set. Marvel has 5 (6 including Duplo).

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Can you describe the build/s?

3 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Can you describe the build/s?

All I remember is that Spiderman vs Green Goblin is very small and has a glider and a small spiderman car of some sorts. Sandman gets an extended sand area vs some sort of spider mech (like a real spider). SpiderGwen has a sticker/printed boardpiece she rides and the shocker figure is Duplo but very comic book accurate. I didn't pay much attention to the builds as I didn't had much time. I would guess some uploads the digital version soon as most retailers seen to have gotten it. 

EDIT: Oh this is the DC thread hahaha. But no, as stated above I haven't paid much attention to it. Aquaman and Ocean Master were on a dish with the new Super Hero pieces. His suit and helmet were black and Batman was grey. I think it was a small submarine build and, of course, a shark. 

Edited by Kevii23

Super glad to be getting Ocean Master, but I suspected as much. And it'll be nice to see Aquaman (potentially) getting an updated, presumably Rebirth styled, comic minifigure.

Only two sets...that’s a shame considering marvel is getting like 15 or so including avengers 4, captain marvel, and far from home. I wish Aqualad was included with Ocean Master instead of Batman

Edited by HMD BrickCustoms

Ocean Master will be welcome. If it’s another new Batsuit then I’m doubly happy. Likewise, as suggested, if Aquaman is updated.

News / leaks on these DC threads have been slow as of late. Still waiting for any information on possible Shazam set(s) and/or minifigure(s). I was encouraged to see him featured prominently on the DC villains promo. Hoping for something to go along with the movie next year. 

Like Ocean Master being included in the next “wave”. 

14 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Wow, that sounds very good. Is this the only remaining DC set for 2019 or will there be another?

I hope there will be more DC sets. 2 sets seem very low. The rumor was at 5 or 6? 

I wonder if the lego movie 2 has an effect on this. Maybe Batman will get a set from the movie hence the lower # of sets compared to Marvel.

Are we to expect the following as well in 2019

Brickheadz

Micro racers

Books with mini figs

Dvds with mini figs

Polybags

?

Edited by Lionbear8

I know it seems like Marvel is getting more sets than DC (Winter lineup), but as of right now everything should be taken with a small grain of salt (save for any minifigures that were leaked). Until images and release dates are revealed for ALL sets they should be seen as a rumor for now. Marvel may look like it (unfairly) outweighs DC in total set count next year but that's because official information just isn't being released or found yet. On top of that, Lego DC Super Villains hasn't been released yet (among other Marvel/DC titles) so set details are being withheld. For me, until COMPLETE official set images and details are revealed, everything will be taken as a rumor, not that I don't wanna believe that all of these rumors and speculations are false but still, like Bigfoot, I need proof. I'm sure there are obviously gonna be more DC sets than 1-2 or 4-5/6 sets. You know there's usually several DC sets released at the start of the year plus several more later on (movie/comic/game related). I really am hoping for 5 DC Superhero sets and 3 Batman sets like the 2015 collection. Plus they released 2 big figs in 2015 so hopefully we'll get Grundy in at least one of these sets finally.

Edited by PremierComix

So I’ll just go ahead and assume the “Batman Water Vehicle” that got leaked is the one with Aquaman and Ocean Master.

I wonder if each set is going to include atleast one other member of the Justice League. I’m pretty sure the only ones that need updating are Superman and Hal Jordan, so they could be possible candidates for the other sets.

I don’t know why people think theres only going to be 2 DC sets in this wave, since theres always been at least 3 per wave. The real question is, what will they show off at New York Comic Con this week?

5 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

So I’ll just go ahead and assume the “Batman Water Vehicle” that got leaked is the one with Aquaman and Ocean Master.

I wonder if each set is going to include atleast one other member of the Justice League. I’m pretty sure the only ones that need updating are Superman and Hal Jordan, so they could be possible candidates for the other sets.

I don’t know why people think theres only going to be 2 DC sets in this wave, since theres always been at least 3 per wave. The real question is, what will they show off at New York Comic Con this week?

See I wonder if the copper head and Grundy set got postponed to this wave

43 minutes ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

I was thinking the same thing. I’m hoping there’s more sets, I feel 2 is not enough.

1 hour ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

Ditto 

Personally I am hoping for some new characters from the DC villains game. Some of the designs are an exact match for the print style Lego is currently using (thus a bit simplified and no arm/leg printing) these include; Two-Face, Catwoman and the Riddler. Especially a new Two-Face figure is long overdue.