Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

5 hours ago, brew said:

So, we will (potentially) have 4 DC sets and 11 (almost 3x) Marvel sets... ?
I complain about too much Batman centric sets but it feels like if it wasn't for Batman, we wouldn't have any ^^

Well, Marvel has their grand finale movie next year so it’s understandable why Lego is going all out in the spring for that. Movies like Shazam are only going to get one or two sets max. I’m sure we’ll see some more DC in the summer, especially since the Joker and Wonder Woman 1984 are coming out in fall. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Well, Marvel has their grand finale movie next year so it’s understandable why Lego is going all out in the spring for that. Movies like Shazam are only going to get one or two sets max. I’m sure we’ll see some more DC in the summer, especially since the Joker and Wonder Woman 1984 are coming out in fall. 

They’re not gonna make anything for the Joker movie. :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Minecraft Architect said:

They’re not gonna make anything for the Joker movie. :sceptic:

They'll probably just make a Joker-centric set thats not based around the movie. They did the same with Suicide Squad and X-Men: Days of Future Past 

3 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

Maybe not even a movie. :laugh:

Oh snap :laugh:

@Mountain DrewYeah, they'll probably go down the Suicide Squad route and give us sets containing the characters most associated with the movie rather than ones properly based on it (whoever these characters may turn out to be, probably the Falcones and cohorts?) :classic: I certainly wouldn't mind getting minifigs based on Joaquin Phoenix and Robert de Niro, but that won't happen (not in this context at least).

42 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

They'll probably just make a Joker-centric set thats not based around the movie. They did the same with Suicide Squad and X-Men: Days of Future Past 

So nothing out of the ordinary then :tongue:

3 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I'm okay with this method. As long as it is new, worthwhile figures, I can make do. And I realize that many people are Joker fatigued, which I won't blame anyone for as much as we get him, but I can live with more Joker, as long as we get variety. Joker has earned a place as the most popular comic villain for a reason, and though we got him several times in things like TLBM sets, Mighty Micros, Juniors, he hasn't appeared in comic-style in the Super Heroes theme since 2015 (the only one was the 60s version, which was dramatically different enough to be worthwhile). And while that is a lot of modifiers, that makes it a lot of variation as well.

I’m Almost more than certain we will see more than just 2 dc comics sets on January first, LEGO is not gonna leave that side hanging DC sets are one of their most poplular themes. And since LEGO surprised us with the “into the spider verse” marvel them, I strongly belive we will see a EXCELLENT lineup of dc sets and characters this year. And they have to dc supervillans game to work with that makes it a perfect opportunity to add a plethora of new characters. I don’t think LEGO is gonna miss that chance to make good amount of money especially with how cheap they are! 

On 9/1/2018 at 1:54 PM, BrickSantorum said:

Maybe not even a movie. :laugh:

Yup. Anything DC announced past WW84 should be taken with a grain of salt. They want headlines not movies. If the Joker movie does come out, we’d provably just get more of the same (Batman sets). 

21 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Probably, they seem to sell a pretty decent amount

Do they actually? Awesome, I hope for a fourth year then!

On 9/2/2018 at 1:25 PM, MakkaG15 said:

Are there gonna be mighty micros next year?

We'll probably see an Aquaman vs Ocean Master, a Batman vs a new villain in micro form, and maybe a Mera vs Black Manta. 

20 minutes ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

We'll probably see an Aquaman vs Ocean Master, a Batman vs a new villain in micro form, and maybe a Mera vs Black Manta. 

I know that you are relatively new here so it is an easy mistake to make but talk like this will only cause confusion. The only correct answer to the question of there being MM's next year is that we currently do not know. So lets wait until we have confirmation that there will be MM's before we start speculating as to what characters they might contain.

7 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I know that you are relatively new here so it is an easy mistake to make but talk like this will only cause confusion. The only correct answer to the question of there being MM's next year is that we currently do not know. So lets wait until we have confirmation that there will be MM's before we start speculating as to what characters they might contain.

To be fair this is the rumours and speculation thread. If there’s a place to speculate, surely this is it. It’s not like he didn’t use ambiguous words.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

To be fair this is the rumours and speculation thread. If there’s a place to speculate, surely this is it. It’s not like he didn’t use ambiguous words.

I understand but the question was IF there are going to be any MM's next year not what MM's are we getting next year. I know the difference is subtle but for all we know there won't even be any MM's next year and someone that does not follow this thread actively can get easily misled and take the answer as confirmation that there will be MM's. 

I really don't want to be mean or anything just trying to prevent confusion/misinformation as that will only lead to disappointment.

@TheBrickBuilder14 ah, this is DC Lego, given the number of under-utilised and unused characters and locations, there’s always room for disappointment here :laugh: the possibility of sets will always lead to speculation :classic:

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

@TheBrickBuilder14 ah, this is DC Lego, given the number of under-utilised and unused characters and locations, there’s always room for disappointment here :laugh: the possibility of sets will always lead to speculation :classic:

Haha, I suppose that is true  :wink:

2 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Just now, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Haha, I suppose that is true  :wink:

This thread was very entertaining to read :laugh:.

Does anyone have any hard knowledge that MMs sell well please?

Is anyone else disappointed when we get a new character in mighty micros that hasn’t been released in LEGO form? Ex: Doomsday and Bizarro. I really hope that trend doesn’t continue or that LEGO releases those characters soon in regular form.

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Does anyone have any hard knowledge that MMs sell well please?

That's a really off-topic question but here goes:

As you can imagine, there are millions of "M&M's"® Chocolate Candies made every day as well as consumed by our valued consumers. There are over 400 million produced each day and "M&M's"® Chocolate Candies are made all over the world. https://www.statista.com/statistics/190393/top-chocolate-candy-brands-in-the-united-states/ This graph shows the sales of the leading chocolate candy brands of the United States in 2017. In that year, M&M's was the top ranked chocolate candy brand of the United States with about 688.7 million U.S. dollars worth of sales.

37 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

snip

Is that the chocolate or peanut ones? Colour specific or a working average? Demographics? :wink: I’ll get my coat

7 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

That's a really off-topic question but here goes:

On 9/1/2018 at 6:19 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

Dc superhero’s and marvel superhero’s 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

Is anyone else disappointed when we get a new character in mighty micros that hasn’t been released in LEGO form? Ex: Doomsday and Bizarro. I really hope that trend doesn’t continue or that LEGO releases those characters soon in regular form.

Technically, Bizarro has been released as a non-MM minifig... Yes, I'm opening that can of worms, and I'm not leaving any survivors :snicker: *ducks and covers*

11 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

Yeah, it's a character we should have had by now, and especially because the microfighter one came a little bit after we didn't get one for Batman v Superman. Please no joke (that has been made before) about him ^^ I still would have like getting one in the sets