Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

6 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Is set number 76118 supposed to be a bat water vehicle? $19.99.

Unless heard form a source probably not.

12 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Penguin submarine anyone?

11 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

Penguin submarine anyone?

I think Penguin is the same as the 2014 variant in the Supervillains Game. Obviously repeats aren't uncommon but personally I think it'll be yet another bat-boat/jet-ski, as much as I dislike it

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I think Penguin is the same as the 2014 variant in the Supervillains Game. Obviously repeats aren't uncommon but personally I think it'll be yet another bat-boat/jet-ski, as much as I dislike it

Something new please. Maybe

Mini sub

Mini boat with Bat skies

Underwater Bat Mobile 

Underwater batcave

Something fresh for the bat shelf!

I would really like to get some insight on how the villains are chosen for a superheroes set

I'm not saying Penguin is not cool, but we just got him 3 times in the Batman Movie line

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

With the same old top hat piece? Seems like a waste not taking advantage of the new molds introduced in the Lego Batman Movie.

7 hours ago, wesker said:

With the same old top hat piece? Seems like a waste not taking advantage of the new molds introduced in the Lego Batman Movie.

I think Lego wants us to forget how good we had it with those sets.

6 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Maybe killer croc set??? 

I wouldn't count on it. As much as I would love a minifig variant of Killer Croc, we just got him in 70907 Killer Croc Tail-Gator and in 76055 Killer Croc Sewer Smash.

4 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

Maybe the Batman water set will have Aquaman and Ocean Master as well

Maybe, since Flash is going to be in that Bat-Mech thing. It would be nice to have a member of the Justice League in each set.

Also, did anyone else notice how the Bat-water-vehicle is listed as Set 3 of 4,which means there are still at least 2 more sets, with one being the rumored GCPD Headquarters.

Edited by Mountain Drew

Just an Idea (cause I don't see enough of wish list ideas on this thread and I just wanna see if there's others like me who think like this):

Batman Set 1: GCPD Lock-up (Done similarly to 76108 Sanctum Sanatorium Showdown) Set features one building that is the GCPD the other is a random building with interior references to villains. Includes: Batman (rebirth) with batarang, Commissioner Gordon (DCSupervillains VG) with radio, Harvey Bullock (who's desk has donuts and coffee cup on it) with gun, Detective Montoya with pistol and handcuffs, Black Mask (Lego Batman 2 design) with Tommy gun, Hush with dynamite and Mr. Zsasz with knives.

Batman Set 2: Solomon Grundy Cargo Crash set includes a harbor themed set with a crane and a large vehicle with space for a big-fig. Set also comes with redesign of the 2006 Bat buggy released in 7779. Includes, Solomon Grundy, Copperhead (Arkham Origins) with blonde hair (either the new hair introduced in 10261, or blonde version of hair used on new Lupin figure) and gauntlet/claw piece, Batman with batarang and John Constantine with new flame elements.

Batman Set 3: Hazardous Harbor Chase set comes with an air boat (one of those swampy boats with a big fan on the back) with stud shooting elements and toxic waste containers. Set also comes with redesigned version of Bat-boat from 7783. Includes, Batman (new dive suit) with grapple gun, Mad Hatter (new Harry Potter medium length legs and LBM Penguin Hat) with coat tails (Alfred's) and pistol and Ventriloquist with Scarface (consists of nine pieces based solely on the DC Super villain design).

Batman Set 4: Justice League: Apocalypse Ambush set with new Javelin jet and brick built rock elements. Includes Batman with batarang and grapple gun, Superman, Simon Baz Green Lantern with power ring (translucent green round tile with printed lantern symbol attached to clear handle piece) Wonder Woman with sword and shield, and Doomsday.

Again, just ideas more on the way.

I know this is off-topic, but am I the only one who finds Alec Baldwin as Thomas Wayne in the Joker movie kind of weird? He a good actor, I just don't think he has the right look, I really can't see him with a mustache.

1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

I know this is off-topic, but am I the only one who finds Alec Baldwin as Thomas Wayne in the Joker movie kind of weird? He a good actor, I just don't think he has the right look, I really can't see him with a mustache.

Don’t worry about it. He just announced he dropped out of it.

On 8/28/2018 at 1:44 PM, Lionbear8 said:

Jac is actually incorrect; 76116 is the kit code named "water vehicle". Does that help? :)

Edited by Azani

On 8/28/2018 at 2:48 PM, RedHoodPug said:

It’s just as unlikely that a Lego book copies a MOC as it is a set does. The principle is still the same. As it’s the only thing not a nigh on direct lift from LB3 it’s difficult to gauge what it is.

That's fair. My only guess is that the book got away with it just from less oversight than sets go through.

I think we actually could see some of those figures from the flash adventure book appear next year becaus LEGO may have already have had plans for them but never put them into use (or they could just get delayed for many purposes). Afterall wasn’t there one leaks earlier this year that suggested we were gonna get Solomon Grundy in that RC batmobile, maybe LEGO had plans of Solomon Grundy but delayed him and he is one of the main characters in LDCV (LEGO dc supervillains) 

and yes I know this is a long stretch but maybe they red LEGO mask on GL means red lanterns???

9 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

and yes I know this is a long stretch but maybe they red LEGO mask on GL means red lanterns???

The red mask is because of a spot the difference in the activity book, not an error in production or hinting to the future

Late to the discussion here, but the Mighty Micro-like vehicle for Green Lantern from that book is identical to the MOC in the  youtube video. Either the artist pinched the design from the video, the video pinched it from the book art, or the artist and the youtuber are the same person. Comments on the youtube video bring this to the youtuber's attention, who seems unaware of the situation and surprised, so options 2 and 3 are out. 

Sorry I missed this detail, but what exactly is the source for this art? A future issue of Lego Life?

1 hour ago, linnormlord said:

Late to the discussion here, but the Mighty Micro-like vehicle for Green Lantern from that book is identical to the MOC in the  youtube video. Either the artist pinched the design from the video, the video pinched it from the book art, or the artist and the youtuber are the same person. Comments on the youtube video bring this to the youtuber's attention, who seems unaware of the situation and surprised, so options 2 and 3 are out. 

Sorry I missed this detail, but what exactly is the source for this art? A future issue of Lego Life?

It’s the kids activity book Faster Than Lightning, which features the Flash travelling to another dimension, hence the red mask on GL. All of the other illustrations that feature unreleased characters are based predominantly on Lego Batman 3 characters, except for the Lantern Micro. The book was published this year, but it could easily have been in the pipeline for 12 months. If the YouTuber is insinuating that Lego plagiarised his design he is walking on very uneven ground, though. Lego own the license to use DC Comics characters, and they conceived Mighty Micros. Without that concept the YouTuber wouldn’t have come up with his build. Without Lego he wouldn’t have been able to come up with his build. He put it on a very public forum without any copyright. There is no denying the likeness, but the MOCer may well have to suck it up.

Edited by RedHoodPug

On 8/29/2018 at 12:43 PM, PremierComix said:

Batman Set 4: Justice League: Apocalypse Ambush set with new Javelin jet and brick built rock elements. Includes Batman with batarang and grapple gun, Superman, Simon Baz Green Lantern with power ring (translucent green round tile with printed lantern symbol attached to clear handle piece) Wonder Woman with sword and shield, and Doomsday.

Simon Baz is cool and all, but can we please get Guy Gardner first?  And then a Kilowag big fig?

Not to get anyone’s hopes up but on a promo for the dlcs for the dc supervillian game it’s reveals we are getting a Shazam movie level pack and gives us a possible first look at a Shazam figure! It’s different then the comic con one

39 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Not to get anyone’s hopes up but on a promo for the dlcs for the dc supervillian game it’s reveals we are getting a Shazam movie level pack and gives us a possible first look at a Shazam figure! It’s different then the comic con one

I’m almost positive we will see that figure in a set, didn’t we see LEGO black panther and ant man and the wasp figures in there DLC packs long before the sets came out? 

30 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

I’m almost positive we will see that figure in a set, didn’t we see LEGO black panther and ant man and the wasp figures in there DLC packs long before the sets came out? 

We had the Black Panther sets before the DLC images came out, but we got our first look at Wasp and Ghost in the DLC. If this is our first look, I'm very impressed, the arm printing feels almost too good to be true

Edited by Quicksilver838