Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Thats actually pretty cool

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

We are getting knightmare Batman in a 3 minifigure pack with two parademons 

is it like that one LBM 3 pack with Chief O'Hara and the two cops with a mini build

5 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Thats actually pretty cool

is it like that one LBM 3 pack with Chief O'Hara and the two cops with a mini build

Pretty much but I’m not sure what the mini build is at this moment. It also seems to have a printed joker card tile. A little more about it. The parademons look the same as some that come in the justice league sets but the Batman has printed goggles on the cowel and arm printing!

Edited by Falconfan1414

Knightmare Batman with printed goggles and the desert rig. Two green parademons and a mini build. I like it, several years late but I’ll be happy to get it.

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Pretty much but I’m not sure what the mini build is at this moment. It also seems to have a printed joker card tile 

Is it like a Bricktober exclusive or something

Seems like kind of a missed opportunity for Lego to use this piece with gray goggles, but why split hairs

Lego Minifig, Headgear Mask Batman Type 2 Cowl with Blue Goggles Pattern

Edited by Mountain Drew
Nevermind, I saw it, its really cool

That’s very random, but cool. The discussion about this figure pack should be in the 2018 thread though, as it’s clearly being released in 2018.

Also, I don't know if anyone cares, but the Lex Luthor that is supposed to be a pre-order exclusive for the DC Supervillains game is available on BrickLink. Its all international stores though, so shipping would be a little more expensive.

5 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

But Shazam is such a ridiculous and kid-friendly character (that's a good thing) that Lego would have to be crazy not to try to cash in on him.

Excellent point! 

Anyone else think that the Nightmare Batman looks like he could fit in well with the LEGO Movie 2 post apocalyptic feel? 

Official set description:

Let the battle commence against the Parademons with this LEGO® DC Super Heroes 853744 Knightmare Batman™ Accessory Set. This cool toy for kids features Batman’s turret with 2 stud shooters and 3 minifigures with assorted weapons, including the new-for-September-2018 Knightmare Batman minifigure and his rifle with an attachable LEGO tile of The Joker's face.

Includes a new-for-September-2018 Knightmare Batman™ and 2 Parademon™ minifigures with detachable wings. Batman’s turret features 2 stud shooters. Weapons include Batman’s rifle (with an attachable decorated LEGO® tile of The Joker’s face) and the Parademons' 2 stud shooters. Recreate the famous Knightmare scene from the Batman™ v Superman™: Dawn of Justice movie. Turret measures over 1” (3cm) high and 1” (5cm) wide.

Interesting that they specifically call it out as being based on BvS, even though the packaging isn't designed that way. And now we know what the build is: a turret.

Edited by BlueberryWaffles

I wonder if we get these figure packs as like an annual thing, since last year we got the LBM one with the police officers. It certainly would be an interesting move for Lego, and probably a welcome one.

Yeah, here's hoping there's a cool 2019 one to keep up the trend (maybe an Ocean Master and Atlantis guard pack, since BvS is also releasing one so late?). And while on the one hand it is surprising to see a battle pack based on a dark scene (that confused non-comics readers, for that matter) from a movie that got an R-rated extended cut, because of how fervently defended the movie is by people who liked it (myself included), LEGO probably saw that there was still profit to be made from fans. Who knows, maybe we'll even get a Doomsday next year to maximize this weird, delayed profitable group? :grin:

6 hours ago, BaneShake said:

Yeah, here's hoping there's a cool 2019 one to keep up the trend (maybe an Ocean Master and Atlantis guard pack, since BvS is also releasing one so late?). And while on the one hand it is surprising to see a battle pack based on a dark scene (that confused non-comics readers, for that matter) from a movie that got an R-rated extended cut, because of how fervently defended the movie is by people who liked it (myself included), LEGO probably saw that there was still profit to be made from fans. Who knows, maybe we'll even get a Doomsday next year to maximize this weird, delayed profitable group? :grin:

I assume if Lego was going to play catch up with anything DCEU related (or is it called Worlds of DC now, I'm confused about all that) it would be Wonder Woman, considering how much more successful her movie was than Lego probably expected.

Comic Doomsday would be sweet though. The movie design was bland IMO, but the classic version with all the spikes, done as a bigfig? Totally dope.

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I assume if Lego was going to play catch up with anything DCEU related (or is it called Worlds of DC now, I'm confused about all that) it would be Wonder Woman, considering how much more successful her movie was than Lego probably expected.

Comic Doomsday would be sweet though. The movie design was bland IMO, but the classic version with all the spikes, done as a bigfig? Totally dope.

But movie Doomsday has already been done. :tongue:

lor027.png

40 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

But movie Doomsday has already been done. :tongue:

Followed by his minifigure appearance;

latest?cb=20140408015523

And his video game variant;

latest?cb=20171009213636

so.....

can we expect a DC themed Batcave/Wayne Manor or Arkham Asylum set up in a micro scale version down the track? 

Or should we expect Star Wars to go through it first ?

On 7/24/2018 at 1:12 PM, BitByBrick said:

Excellent point! 

Anyone else think that the Nightmare Batman looks like he could fit in well with the LEGO Movie 2 post apocalyptic feel? 

That is exactly what I said. It's obvious now; Batman's Knightmare wasn't an alternate future, it was a psychic experience he had because he briefly mind-melded with his Lego counterpart in Apocalypseburg!

Have there been any rumors about another DC D2C for 2019? I was going to order the Joker Manor next time there's double VIP points, but I'll wait if Lego discounts it to make room for the next one ala the Classic Batcave sales before the Manor came out.

On 7/28/2018 at 9:00 AM, BlueberryWaffles said:

Have there been any rumors about another DC D2C for 2019? I was going to order the Joker Manor next time there's double VIP points, but I'll wait if Lego discounts it to make room for the next one ala the Classic Batcave sales before the Manor came out.

Not yet, but it's way too early to be hearing about next year's D2Cs. We still haven't even heard about this year's last D2C in the Star Wars Cloud City. 

On an unrelated note, since everyone knows that there's going to be at least one Shazam set next year (which excites me; Shazam is an all-time favourite of mine); does anyone think it's likely that we'll get a Billy Batson minifigure? I hope that we will, but considering how long it took to get Tony Stark and Bruce Banner minifigures, and that we still don't have T'Challa, Peter Parker or Clark Kent minifigures, it doesn't look good . . 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Not yet, but it's way too early to be hearing about next year's D2Cs. We still haven't even heard about this year's last D2C in the Star Wars Cloud City. 

On an unrelated note, since everyone knows that there's going to be at least one Shazam set next year (which excites me; Shazam is an all-time favourite of mine); does anyone think it's likely that we'll get a Billy Batson minifigure? I hope that we will, but considering how long it took to get Tony Stark and Bruce Banner minifigures, and that we still don't have T'Challa, Peter Parker or Clark Kent minifigures, it doesn't look good . . 

There is a Clark Kent minifigure and it only took one year to get Tony Stark. But I do hope a set would include some kind of transformation based build to turn Billy into Shazam