Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

I'm sure we'll be getting a set based on Shazam (or at least a Shazam fig in a different set like they did with the Suicide Squad), I was just curious. 

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

We haven't even seen the sets for Aquaman yet (or a damn trailer), I'm sure they won't miss out on making at least one set, I'd be happy with just one. But as of yet nothing is confirmed

Well, our first trailers/teasers for both Aquaman and Shazam have been confirmed to be premiering at SDCC in a few weeks from now, so... :shrug_oh_well:

Anyone else think that at SDCC they'll reveal the Aquaman set?

Also with Shazam having 2 different types of boots for the movie, which pair will be on a figure? :grin:

Edited by MakkaG15

1 hour ago, MakkaG15 said:

Also with Shazam having 2 different types of boots for the movie, which pair will be on a figure? :grin:

The set details are out, citing a Black Manta sub, scenery, Manta, Mera, and Aquaman. No Ocean Master, but we can always hope he will turn up eventually.

4 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

With the debut of the film's first teaser to be taking place there, I'd suspect that will indeed be the case, as the set's release date is approaching awfully close.

What is the release date for the Aquaman sets?

Because the movie comes out on december. But Disney just moved Marry Popins so I would expect Warner Bros. to do the same with Aquaman

If Warner push up Aquaman, the sets might be out (a little bit) earlier than expected

11 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

The set details are out, citing a Black Manta sub, scenery, Manta, Mera, and Aquaman. No Ocean Master, but we can always hope he will turn up eventually.

I havent heard this, no ocean master?! thats dissapointing (fingers crossed we get a jor-el like polybag)

Now I'm a bit skeptical about a Shazam themed set. From what was shown in the trailer I don't really see how they can make a playset or vehicle. The only thing I think they can do is something similar to the The ATM Heist Battle set for Spiderman Homecoming, but  instead of an ATM its a convenient store. I find it more likely that we'll just get a Shazam fig in a different set.

28 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Now I'm a bit skeptical about a Shazam themed set. From what was shown in the trailer I don't really see how they can make a playset or vehicle. The only thing I think they can do is something similar to the The ATM Heist Battle set for Spiderman Homecoming, but  instead of an ATM its a convenient store. I find it more likely that we'll just get a Shazam fig in a different set.

I could see two possible sets

- A Rock of Eternity set with a turntable to transform Billy into Captain Marvel and a throne for The Wizard. 

-Some kind of badguy vehicle for Sivanna with Captain Marvel (Shazam) and either Billy or Freddie

As long as we finally get a Shazam fig (and maybe a Billy Batson), I'll buy it.

It seems like if its not a team-up movie Lego only does one $30 set, I just don't know what kind of vehicle or building they could do to make it worth that much to me. But I probably would have said the same thing about an Aquaman set if a trailer came out a few months back instead of after the set was released.

Edited by Mountain Drew

On 6/30/2018 at 8:22 AM, BrickG said:

It's a shame that it seems future sets aren't Lego Batman Movie sets. Only because the Lego Batman movie figures are soooo good. That old style poison ivy has nothing on the movie version...

Really, these minifigures are lame minus the dual molded legs. :P

The costume and hairpiece was fantastic on the movie version, but I didn't like the face much. The oversized eyelashes made her look too anime-ish like the Star Wars Clone Wars figures and I never liked the mole on her face (or any of the female characters really - what was up with every woman in the movie having blemishes on their faces?). I also prefer the standard evil smile/angry expressions over the weird pursed lips ones.

I don't mind this new Ivy figure but I agree it could definitely be better. The darker costume is an improvement over the bright lime green on the original but it lacks the same detail in printing. Going back to the Elsa hairpiece is also a step back since she doesn't have the printed leaves anymore and the mold doesn't quite fit her character as well as the movie version with the much longer, thicker length.

4 hours ago, wesker said:

The costume and hairpiece was fantastic on the movie version, but I didn't like the face much. The oversized eyelashes made her look too anime-ish like the Star Wars Clone Wars figures and I never liked the mole on her face (or any of the female characters really - what was up with every woman in the movie having blemishes on their faces?). I also prefer the standard evil smile/angry expressions over the weird pursed lips ones.

I don't mind this new Ivy figure but I agree it could definitely be better. The darker costume is an improvement over the bright lime green on the original but it lacks the same detail in printing. Going back to the Elsa hairpiece is also a step back since she doesn't have the printed leaves anymore and the mold doesn't quite fit her character as well as the movie version with the much longer, thicker length.

Yeah, with almost all my Batman villains now, it's the body/hair from TLBM minifigs, and then the heads from their older versions. Seems like Lego went out of their way to make the face of any 'new' bad guy match up to the standard style, but then went nuts with Joker/Ivy/Riddler/etc., like all the 'standard' bad guys that are gonna pop up again, like Ivy is here.

19 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

As long as we finally get a Shazam fig (and maybe a Billy Batson), I'll buy it.

Odds are any new version of Shazam will be even better than the one from com-con, especially if it includes more details like arm printing, duel molded legs, or dare I ask a custom cape with gold trim. All that being said, I would even take the previously released version of Shazam... ending the artificial scarcity of at least one fig and the related frustration of not being able to acquire it (without unnecessary financial hardship). Please LEGO give us an easy to obtain Shazam minifig, in a set I could purchase from Target or LEGO-Shop-at-Home. Restore my faith in you LEGO. 

I have the one from Comic Con. The problem is that its too valuable to use for anything other than display. Thats why I don't buy the Comic Con figs anymore (they also take quite a toll on my wallet)

40 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

Odds are any new version of Shazam will be even better than the one from com-con, especially if it includes more details like arm printing, duel molded legs, or dare I ask a custom cape with gold trim. All that being said, I would even take the previously released version of Shazam... ending the artificial scarcity of at least one fig and the related frustration of not being able to acquire it (without unnecessary financial hardship). Please LEGO give us an easy to obtain Shazam minifig, in a set I could purchase from Target or LEGO-Shop-at-Home. Restore my faith in you LEGO. 

They can't do that. It would defeat the exclusivity of a figure they described as exclusive. I think in the future we will not see exclusive variants of such popular characters, but those already released are water under the bridge.

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

They can't do that. It would defeat the exclusivity of a figure they described as exclusive. I think in the future we will not see exclusive variants of such popular characters, but those already released are water under the bridge.

It was exclusive at the time, right?  So when they said that, it was the truth...

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Lego did that though with Azog from the Hobbit. In Comic Con 2013 they released him as an "exclusive", then like 5 months later they released him in the 79014 Dol Guldur Battle set. And yes, it was the exact same fig, now the only thing exclusive about him is the packaging. 

Lego Azog - San Diego Comic-Con 2013 Exclusive                        79014-1.png

23 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I find it more likely that we'll just get a Shazam fig in a different set.

If the cinematic movie ends up not offering much in the way of set material, perhaps Lego may opt to instead give a comic-styled version (New 52 variant, perhaps) shoehorned into a typical comic-based playset for the winter wave. 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

25 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If the cinematic movie ends up not offering much in the way of set material, perhaps Lego may opt to instead give a comic-styled version (New 52 variant, perhaps) shoehorned into a typical comic-based playset for the winter wave. 

If thats the case, then I hope Black Adam also makes an appearance in a new set, since he's not in the Shazam movie.

Edited by Mountain Drew

15 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Lego did that though with Azog from the Hobbit. In Comic Con 2013 they released him as an "exclusive", then like 5 months later they released him in the 79014 Dol Guldur Battle set. And yes, it was the exact same fig, now the only thing exclusive about him is the packaging.

I had never noticed that its packaging actually does say "exclusive". Interesting. Usually when they release SDCC figs that are going to appear elsewhere they omit the word "exclusive" (look at 2014's Bard). I wouldn't count on it to keep happening, though. The idea of exclusives is for them to be unique to the giveaway, and it seems those are Lego's intentions by the public statements they have made. I'd love to get my hands on all of these as much as the next guy, but it really is unlikely considering the whole idea is for them to be unique.

Edited by BrickHat

I've noticed the Lego is starting to rerelease old sets that are worth a lot now (Millennium Falcon, Taj Mahal, etc.) so that sellers won't be able to put a $2000 price tag on a set that was worth $500. Maybe they will do the same for minifigures at some point.

14 hours ago, J4ck said:

The winter soldier didn’t get anything in the way of sets, but did get a poly bag, seee where I’m going with this?

I think the reason for that is because even that movie could be considered more mature themed than some of the other Marvel movies, or maybe because it wasn't a team-up movie. But Shazam is such a ridiculous and kid-friendly character (that's a good thing) that Lego would have to be crazy not to try to cash in on him.