J4ck

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours & Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

We got dark knight batman in that set but when did we get joker?

The 2014 Tumbler USC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Duncan Young said:

The 2014 Tumbler USC 

Oh. They could release a variant? The green waistcoat suit would be nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

Oh. They could release a variant? The green waistcoat suit would be nice

I feel like you're thinking really unrealistically. There's no way they'd put a movie variant (especially from a film like TDK) in a Comic CMF. I also really doubt they'd put a seond variant of an existing Joker variant they've released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:
2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

heath ledger joker

dark knight batman

We've already got these two recently

I'm pretty sure there is no accurate TDK / TDKR Batman minifigure yet, except for the Comic Con exclusive. The 2008 one and the one from the Bat vs. Tumbler set were gray instead of black, and the one that came with the UCS Tumbler was from Batman Begins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I feel like you're thinking really unrealistically. There's no way they'd put a movie variant (especially from a film like TDK) in a Comic CMF. I also really doubt they'd put a seond variant of an existing Joker variant they've released.

He did say wish list. There’s a whole swath of the  DCU that isn’t going to get made, nothing wrong with wishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have really only one hope, which is to receive this beautiful suit in proper Minifigure form.

TfgAhh7.jpg

Edited by RadioYeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

No, I know that, which is why I didn't say they'd be calling it that, I meant more that it might end up like one. As in, having weird (and, in my opinion needless) variants of (already existing) characters that are mainly Batman-related.
I don't think it will happen, but considering the past, I'm not ruling it out either.

Regards,
Mitch

Ahh I see. Thank you for your clarification!

8 hours ago, BaneShake said:

I wonder if the CMF series will be used as a way to cover characters who might not normally constitute sets. Someone like Constantine, for example, seems much more likely in a CMF than a set proper. Black Mask, soon to be appearing in an R-rated movie, or the Doom Patrol, who are in a VERY mature show, would also make sense.

Obviously, we could guarantee at least a few of the "big" name characters as a few slots. Batman would be almost a guarantee; Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash also seem quite likely.

Plenty of characters could be made with preexisting molds, too. Characters like Arkham Knight or Robotman could use Firefly's helmet, if printed correctly. Black Mask could use the new skull head mold from the recent Ninjago line. Creeper's basically already got every piece he'd need already in existence. Huntress, if going for a more "classic" post-Crisis look, could potentially even use Batwoman's cowl in purple with black hair.

Elseworld Flash would look awesome!

Can anyone confirm this DC CMF? Some people have called “BS” (no my words).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with a  DC mini-figure series next year, I would like to see it rounded off as following if it was a 20 MF release. 

4 x Batman current comic run

4 x DC Villains Video game

4 x Mixture from Superman / Wonder Woman current comic run

4 x Teen Titans current comic run

4 x Mixture from Flash / Arrow comic run

I would love for them to split it even further, and have series released on BAS or Teen Titans, or even MF's based on limited edition graphic novel runs e.g. The Dark Knight / Metal... but I doubt it. 

just my thoughts. 

still looking forward to all those Bat Vehicles been released on a yearly basis, with a play set thrown in on a yearly basis (4 to 6 a year should do me well!) 

looking forward to the D2C release this year as well! (love it how Lego has kept it under-wraps - to avoid those sneaky folks at Lepin) 

not as many sets as Marvel, but then DC don't have that many movies coming out, but hopefully that can change from late next year, if the box office result's go there way, more movies should be green lit, then in 2021, a new Batman for a new generation!

overall I feel DC is going no where!!

great times ahead!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys think that they will for sure adapt Matt Reeves' Batman film into sets? I only ask because I know they have omitted many of the recent DC films from being considered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RadioYeh said:

Do you guys think that they will for sure adapt Matt Reeves' Batman film into sets? I only ask because I know they have omitted many of the recent DC films from being considered.

The probably didn’t do sets for Shazam because I guess It would’ve been risky. No one knew if Shazam was going to be a success. I guess lego played it safe and just made a polybag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RadioYeh said:

Do you guys think that they will for sure adapt Matt Reeves' Batman film into sets? I only ask because I know they have omitted many of the recent DC films from being considered.

100%. Though I still don't know why Shazam never got a single set, and Birds Of Prey won't be getting any sets either because of their R-rating (though I'll bet Wonder Woman 1984 might get at least 1 tie-in set like the first movie), a Batman movie is a completely different matter. 

Considering he's Lego and DC's golden boy. I have no doubt that they will at the very least make a minifigure of whatever Pattinson's Batsuit will look like and put that in a set. I know that after how the Justice League sets sold horribly, Lego might be a little cautious about releasing multiple DCEU sets again. But from the way that The Batman is allegedly shaping up to sound with 6 villains, it's prime set material. 

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

100%. Though I still don't know why Shazam never got a single set, and Birds Of Prey won't be getting any sets either because of their R-rating (though I'll bet Wonder Woman 1984 might get at least 1 tie-in set like the first movie), a Batman movie is a completely different matter. 

Considering he's Lego and DC's golden boy. I have no doubt that they will at the very least make a minifigure of whatever Pattinson's Batsuit will look like and put that in a set. I know that after how the Justice League sets sold horribly, Lego might be a little cautious about releasing multiple DCEU sets again. But from the way that The Batman is allegedly shaping up to sound with 6 villains, it's prime set material. 

Absolutely. A little off-topic, but I cannot wait until we get some design reveals for The Batman, and eventually get an idea of what the the minifigures will look like.

(BTW, I very much enjoy your twitter account @MisterBatfleck, been following since BvS.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RadioYeh said:

Absolutely. A little off-topic, but I cannot wait until we get some design reveals for The Batman, and eventually get an idea of what the the minifigures will look like.

(BTW, I very much enjoy your twitter account @MisterBatfleck, been following since BvS.)

Probably my most anticipated movie for 2021. I've been waiting for that movie since Ben Affleck was still attached to direct and star. While it's a bummer he ended up dropping out completely and we won't see his Batman face off against Deathstroke, what Matt has been cooking up so far sounds like a live action version of The Long Halloween, my all-time favorite Batman story. I can't wait to see what the designs will be like as well, perfect material for stuff like a new Batmobile or Batcave set.

And thanks! I try my best, it's nice to see that I have such a longtime follower on here.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what I noticed even tho the dc sets aren’t confirmed. But mavel has a lot of sets already confirmed rn. And it feels like we are getting more from the dc line in 2020 than ever before! (2020 has some good potential to finally beat that 2015 wave of sets!). I think that this year will all the Batman/JL inconveniences we could get JL based sets? As that’s what I’m hopping for I think they skipped out on JL sets this year due to the Batman 80th anversity. So I pray we get JL based sets. And if we do Lego still has some let’s say untouched “ideas”. For example as I said before the infinite crisis CW/ARROWVERSE thing, we could possibly get a couple of sets with characters loosely based off comics. And another rather “Late” lineup is a JL vs crime syndicates. Yes yes ik the Lego group is a few years late with the video game. But it’s not a bad idea and plus kids most likely bought the game so they know who the crime syndicates are. And could open up a whole new lineup of villains. And if they really wanted to they can loosely go off the comics and take it from were the “justice league disappeared”. That’s gives us a chance to get newer mainstream characters like zatanna, dr.fate, and guy Gardner GL. Like i totally have like 8 set ideas fresh in my head like seriously Lego what are u waiting for make me a designer already. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus looking at some villains in recent years, OMAC for example, WAAAAYYY less known than so many other iconic villains that haven’t been released in physical form yet, so I wouldn’t count out Crime Syndicate or any slightly more obscure villains

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I feel like you're thinking really unrealistically. There's no way they'd put a movie variant (especially from a film like TDK) in a Comic CMF. I also really doubt they'd put a seond variant of an existing Joker variant they've released.

It's my personal wishes :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Probably my most anticipated movie for 2021. I've been waiting for that movie since Ben Affleck was still attached to direct and star. While it's a bummer he ended up dropping out completely and we won't see his Batman face off against Deathstroke, what Matt has been cooking up so far sounds like a live action version of The Long Halloween, my all-time favorite Batman story. I can't wait to see what the designs will be like as well, perfect material for stuff like a new Batmobile or Batcave set.

And thanks! I try my best, it's nice to see that I have such a longtime follower on here.

Me too. Ever since I saw BvS I was eagerly awaiting Ben's Batman movie, as he was my favorite on-screen portrayal. Then overtime it all started to unravel. Things are definitely looking better than ever, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Do you have a copy of How to Handle Rejection Without Resorting to Violence?

:grin: :grin: :grin:
 

9 hours ago, J4ck said:

Ahh I see. Thank you for your clarification!

No problem!

About Deathstroke, I think I'd prefer a version of him with the bigger helmet, like in LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham and the accompanying 'The Squad' DLC, I always thought it looked very cool :devil:

Regards,
Mitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

with a  DC mini-figure series next year, I would like to see it rounded off as following if it was a 20 MF release. 

4 x Batman current comic run

4 x DC Villains Video game

4 x Mixture from Superman / Wonder Woman current comic run

4 x Teen Titans current comic run

4 x Mixture from Flash / Arrow comic run

I would love for them to split it even further, and have series released on BAS or Teen Titans, or even MF's based on limited edition graphic novel runs e.g. The Dark Knight / Metal... but I doubt it. 

just my thoughts. 

You are probably better off posting DC wish lists in the DC wish list thread.

 

9 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

till looking forward to all those Bat Vehicles been released on a yearly basis, with a play set thrown in on a yearly basis (4 to 6 a year should do me well!) 

looking forward to the D2C release this year as well! (love it how Lego has kept it under-wraps - to avoid those sneaky folks at Lepin) 

Yeah some really good bat vehicles this year. And yes most people in the Lego community don’t understand why leaks are bad but you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest i have pretty low expectations.

What do you guys think? Any chances to see solomon Grundy as a bigfig in a set, Black Mask, Hush and Mad Hatter in the cmf or sets? :/  To be honest i would be fine with these 4 characters to complete my collection to a satisfying degree. I am basically a fan of the arkham games and Nolan movies, so i don't know (or want) the really obscure characters.

i am pretty sure, we won't ever get the arkham knight... :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

:grin: :grin: :grin:
 

No problem!

About Deathstroke, I think I'd prefer a version of him with the bigger helmet, like in LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham and the accompanying 'The Squad' DLC, I always thought it looked very cool :devil:

Regards,
Mitch

Death stroke could use that iron man mold that was stupidly used for wasp and brilliantly used for mark 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Death stroke could use that iron man mold that was stupidly used for wasp and brilliantly used for mark 1

For example, yeah. Though I think, shape-wise the first Iron Man helmet might be a bit better, what with it becoming narrower by the chin.
Though considering Deathstroke's mask/helmet doesn't open (let alone by tilting the face plate), a new mold might be preferred.

Regards,
Mitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cool if it’s true about a dc cmf 

the tv show arrow finishes up in January and there is a 5 part arrow verse crossover over Christmas and new year. At a guess it could be characters from arrow, flash, legends,supergirl, Black Lightning & batwoman 

Edited by Mattyj82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

For example, yeah. Though I think, shape-wise the first Iron Man helmet might be a bit better, what with it becoming narrower by the chin.
Though considering Deathstroke's mask/helmet doesn't open (let alone by tilting the face plate), a new mold might be preferred.

Regards,
Mitch

I don't think they'll make a new one. The old iron man one works for any armoured deathstroke except the movie one I feel 

Just now, Mattyj82 said:

Cool if it’s true about a dc cmf 

the tv show arrow finishes up in January and there is a 5 part arrow verse crossover over Christmas and new year. At a guess it could be characters from arrow, flash, legends,supergirl, Black Lightning & batwoman 

Wasn't black lightning the figure in sdcc last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mattyj82 said:

the tv show arrow finishes up in January and there is a 5 part arrow verse crossover over Christmas and new year. At a guess it could be characters from arrow, flash, legends,supergirl, Black Lightning & batwoman 

Considering the CW series are obscure and don't feature many iconic characters, and the fact that so many of those characters are already reserved as SDCC exclusives. I sincirely doubt they'd do a series on the shows (as much as I want one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.