Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

13 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

I wonder if the CMF series will be used as a way to cover characters who might not normally constitute sets. Someone like Constantine, for example, seems much more likely in a CMF than a set proper. Black Mask, soon to be appearing in an R-rated movie, or the Doom Patrol, who are in a VERY mature show, would also make sense.

Obviously, we could guarantee at least a few of the "big" name characters as a few slots. Batman would be almost a guarantee; Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash also seem quite likely.

Plenty of characters could be made with preexisting molds, too. Characters like Arkham Knight or Robotman could use Firefly's helmet, if printed correctly. Black Mask could use the new skull head mold from the recent Ninjago line. Creeper's basically already got every piece he'd need already in existence. Huntress, if going for a more "classic" post-Crisis look, could potentially even use Batwoman's cowl in purple with black hair.

Plus, using Firefly's helmet would allow them to include a print of Cliff's brain inside! 

5 minutes ago, scottypavarotti said:

Yup, I was think that Creeper could be done with recoloured existing parts. Come on LEGO, Ditko classic!!!

Though we're getting into wishlisting now, Hawk and Dove would be good inclusions considering their roles in Titans, maybe even Question, who continues to be pretty popular, or Ted Kord. More Ditko characters is rarely a bad thing

41 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

I wonder if the CMF series will be used as a way to cover characters who might not normally constitute sets. Someone like Constantine, for example, seems much more likely in a CMF than a set proper. Black Mask, soon to be appearing in an R-rated movie, or the Doom Patrol, who are in a VERY mature show, would also make sense.

Obviously, we could guarantee at least a few of the "big" name characters as a few slots. Batman would be almost a guarantee; Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash also seem quite likely.

Plenty of characters could be made with preexisting molds, too. Characters like Arkham Knight or Robotman could use Firefly's helmet, if printed correctly. Black Mask could use the new skull head mold from the recent Ninjago line. Creeper's basically already got every piece he'd need already in existence. Huntress, if going for a more "classic" post-Crisis look, could potentially even use Batwoman's cowl in purple with black hair.

I like that huntress idea

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

I like that huntress idea

It's been done (and quite nicely) by a few people

Golden Shades

I think it works rather nicely :sweet:

20 minutes ago, scottypavarotti said:

Hawk and Dove, that’s a good shout, actually. Cloth capes could be pretty tasty.

I don't think you're supposed to eat them... Unless I'm LEGOing wrong

48 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

It's been done (and quite nicely) by a few people

Golden Shades

I think it works rather nicely :sweet:

It does work quite nicely

Edited by DeCommander96

Hawk and Dove, The creeper, now we’re talking. I’d love some Kirby New Gods too! Also a glow in the dark Spectre!

Edited by thatblockoguy

I will accept nothing less than the following from this series:

• Rainbow Suit Batman
  • Superman But He's a Lion Now
  • Lex Luthor (accessory: forty cakes)
  • Beard Band Jimmy Olsen
  • Fat Flash
  • Green Arrow feat. Boxing Glove

14 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I will accept nothing less than the following from this series:

• Rainbow Suit Batman
  • Superman But He's a Lion Now
  • Lex Luthor (accessory: forty cakes)
  • Beard Band Jimmy Olsen
  • Fat Flash
  • Green Arrow feat. Boxing Glove

Do you have a copy of How to Handle Rejection Without Resorting to Violence?

17 minutes ago, thatblockoguy said:

Seems there are a lot of Silver Age fans here

What gave it away? :tongue:

Kidding aside, am I way off base for thinking Jimmy Olsen actually kind of has a shot? I mean, if they were to include any civilian character, he's one who a.) has never appeared in LEGO form before, b.) has an iconic outfit that's just as colorful and eye-catching as many of the superheroes, and c.) doesn't seem quite as likely to show up in a set as some other supporting characters - I could picture Alfred or Lois Lane much more easily in a comic-based set. I'm probably just rationalizing to myself here, and honestly my top preference would be a series that is 100% actual superheroes, but if a civilian showed up, he'd be my top pick.

3 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

What gave it away? :tongue:

Kidding aside, am I way off base for thinking Jimmy Olsen actually kind of has a shot? I mean, if they were to include any civilian character, he's one who a.) has never appeared in LEGO form before, b.) has an iconic outfit that's just as colorful and eye-catching as many of the superheroes

Are you thinking regular Daily Planet attire or Kirby era green jumpsuit? Both are just as iconic as each other. I agree that the CMF is ripe for characters like him.

2 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Are you thinking regular Daily Planet attire or Kirby era green jumpsuit? Both are just as iconic as each other. I agree that the CMF is ripe for characters like him.

I was specifically picturing the Daily Planet look, green blazer or sweater vest with red bowtie, throw in a camera and 2x2 newspaper tile as accessories.

12 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I was specifically picturing the Daily Planet look, green blazer or sweater vest with red bowtie, throw in a camera and 2x2 newspaper tile as accessories.

Only if that specific newspaper is about the attack of the giant Turtle Boy :laugh:

34 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Kidding aside, am I way off base for thinking Jimmy Olsen actually kind of has a shot? I mean, if they were to include any civilian character, he's one who a.) has never appeared in LEGO form before, b.) has an iconic outfit that's just as colorful and eye-catching as many of the superheroes, and c.) doesn't seem quite as likely to show up in a set as some other supporting characters

He also recently got an on-running series in Bendis' push to bring back the character. I wouldn't be surprised if we got him.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Do you have a copy of How to Handle Rejection Without Resorting to Violence?

He doesn't but I do!

My wish list 

doctor fate

atrocitus

constantine

zatanna

jimmy Olsen 

heath ledger joker

dark knight batman

guy gardener

saint walker

deathstroke from DC super villains game

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

Deathstroke from DC super villains game

The level of detail from that figure was never going to be in a set. This series is his best shot

3 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The level of detail from that figure was never going to be in a set. This series is his best shot

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Just look at his suit! IT has arm printing which lego typically avoids

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=dliMJ3TD&id=61E79322A6F5EBFD3FBB3185B9444B8FA6FCC51B&thid=OIP.dliMJ3TD2ANW1zYhZgsXigHaEK&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FLHYl5AHtF_0%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&exph=720&expw=1280&q=deathstroke+lego+dc+villains&simid=608024027850870199&selectedindex=3&vt=4&eim=8,3,4,2,1,6&sim=11

Edited by DeCommander96

46 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

heath ledger joker

dark knight batman

We've already got these two recently, I sincerely doubt they'd be in a CMF (especially given the less child-friendly themes of that film).

1 minute ago, Brick Cucumber said:

We've already got these two recently, I sincerely doubt they'd be in a CMF (especially given the less child-friendly themes of that film).

We got dark knight batman in that set but when did we get joker?

Edited by DeCommander96