Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

I just hope this D2C Batvehicle doesn't go the way of that 76121 Shazam movie set that people on Instagram claimed was coming, but turned out to not even be a thing in the first place.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

I’m losing faith as more time passes, honestly. The only thing that reassures me is that we always see one new DC and one new Marvel set at SDCC, and we haven’t seen any other DC set yet. 

To be fair, the Aston Martin was revealed on the same day (or day before) it was available to VIPs. The Treehouse has started selling by Lego and they haven’t even revealed it yet so I don’t why everyone is panicking :shrug_confused:

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Not this late into the design cycle, impossible/too costly

Not the set itself but the fact that the leak was wrong like the Shazam set.

The aston Martin was leaked way before the announcement and we knew about the treehouse in 2018, so not very good comparisons. 

4 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Not the set itself but the fact that the leak was wrong like the Shazam set.

The aston Martin was leaked way before the announcement and we knew about the treehouse in 2018, so not very good comparisons. 

Like several days before the announcement. My point was and still is everyone is being hysterical which is the case for the majority of the Lego community on here.

7 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Like several days before the announcement. My point was and still is everyone is being hysterical which is the case for the majority of the Lego community on here.

I don't really see how people are being "hysterical" by doubting a leak from months ago which so far has had almost no other evidence to support it besides the original leak. Especially seeing as the supposed release date (more of an imprecise release window) is almost a week away and nothing has been provided other than the initial rumor. Adding to that, there has been no announcement at Comic Con so far (nor close to Batman's 80th anniversary) despite this being one of the latest opportunities to do so.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

Side-note from all this D2C Batvehicle discourse, but it astounds me how much I've been seeing the The Dark Knight of Gotham City SDCC "exclusive" selling for $200-$300 on average on eBay in the past few days. Do these people not realize that they're literally wasting hundreds of dollars, with the only exclusive things about it being the box and a tile piece that may/may not be a sticker?

1 hour ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Side-note from all this D2C Batvehicle discourse, but it astounds me how much I've been seeing the The Dark Knight of Gotham City SDCC "exclusive" selling for $200-$300 on average on eBay in the past few days. Do these people not realize that they're literally wasting hundreds of dollars, with the only exclusive things about it being the box and a tile piece that may/may not be a sticker?

Oh yeah they know. The box says “exclusive” on it.

17 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

This is probably what the designer was talking about

33402757818_7baf7c3da7_b.jpg

Ahh. This would have been special. 

Do we know if there is some sort of making of book for the LM2 where it may have say some bat designs?

19 hours ago, J4ck said:

I can’t but Lego has tightened up on leaks getting out this year so if it was any other year this happened I would agree with you.

I still need my five examples Lego hid a d2c, that good, I compiled some more D2C Sets:

Aston Martin, leaked on reddit and had been confirmed.

Harley Fat Boy leaked and im sure it was leaks on reddit and #legoleaks as well.

Treehouse was leaked a few days before the SDCC reveal.

Harry Potter D2C Figs were leaked last year.

Yet, nothing on the DC D2C.

I can’t think of any other D2C lego hid that good or have tightened up any information on. Maybe Jurassic, but we still had the Figures leaked.

20 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Fairplay Mates, I retract what I said

i hope this set isn’t cancelled. But maybe it doesn’t have Minifigs like some have said. Although in this day and age of Lego I’d be shocked if it didn’t have an exclusive fig 

It would be a huge shock if the DC set didn’t have any figures. Aston Martin made sense cause Lego probably didn’t see that set as highly profitable. But DC makes sense to atleast have a bat figure, since its superheroes.

In a change to the current argument about whether the D2C Batvehicle has a cloaking device or has just plain left the Batcave, there’s a piece in the leaked CMF series that is a spot on DC piece. The Mummy’s head cover is, to me, just right for Felix Faust.

This makes no scenes, marvel gets 10-11 11 sets (just from the lego spiderman and new avengers sets alone) and dc only gets two?. well at least the ones that are confirmed i hope lego really steps up there dc game next year. or the other list labeled under 'super-heroes" better be primarlly dc related sets.

8 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

The Sci-Fi guy, uses Firefly's mask in black, which is just about perfect for the Arkham Knight

I'd say the silver version an antman figure uses is even more accurate, if you paint the visor blue

Edited by Gorilla94

13 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

This makes no scenes, marvel gets 10-11 11 sets (just from the lego spiderman and new avengers sets alone) and dc only gets two?. well at least the ones that are confirmed i hope lego really steps up there dc game next year. or the other list labeled under 'super-heroes" better be primarlly dc related sets.

Nah there are several Super Hero sets that are unconfirmed as to whether they belong to DC or Marvel, most of them will be DC but we don’t know yet which ones.

13 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

The Sci-Fi guy, uses Firefly's mask in black, which is just about perfect for the Arkham Knight

Wait seriously? I thought it was a new mold.

2 minutes ago, J4ck said:
13 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Yep, I'm pretty sure @Duncan Young's spot on right there, as I'm seeing the same recolor. :wink:

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Nah there are several Super Hero sets that are unconfirmed as to whether they belong to DC or Marvel, most of them will be DC but we don’t know yet which ones.

It's the same :)

The D2C set could come in September and not August. That would explain why we haven’t seen anything. It just seems odd to me since September already has the Disney and Winter Village D2C sets, but who knows. 

11 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The D2C set could come in September and not August. That would explain why we haven’t seen anything. It just seems odd to me since September already has the Disney and Winter Village D2C sets, but who knows. 

I don't think it's happening. It might, but there's a 60% chance it won't happen now

16 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I don't think it's happening. It might, but there's a 60% chance it won't happen now

It’s definitely still happening, and “a 60% chance it won’t happen” is a random number that doesn’t mean anything. It was on the D2C list for 2019 and sets on the D2C list don’t just magically disappear. If we haven’t seen anything yet it’s because it has a later release date than we expected. September does make sense since August already has two D2C sets, as does October, but September only has one. 

23 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s definitely still happening, and “a 60% chance it won’t happen” is a random number that doesn’t mean anything. It was on the D2C list for 2019 and sets on the D2C list don’t just magically disappear. If we haven’t seen anything yet it’s because it has a later release date than we expected. September does make sense since August already has two D2C sets, as does October, but September only has one. 

Batman Day will be on the 21st of September and there will be big celebrations because Batman exists 80 years so I can definitely see this happening.

2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

How did you reach that conclusion?

On 7/22/2019 at 4:19 AM, Lionbear8 said:

Ahh. This would have been special. 

Do we know if there is some sort of making of book for the LM2 where it may have say some bat designs?

I wish - for some reason they didn't make one for this movie.

I would imagine that Lego is setting the date back to a fall release on the d2c set. with all the summer sets and d2c coming out between August/September they probably pushed the release date back. I doubt they would cancel a d2c Batman set in the 80th anniversary year/celebration/thing