J4ck

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours & Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 8/28/2019 at 11:40 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

Considering 76151 is a marvel set I know for sure. I would take that with a grain of salt 

 

On 8/28/2019 at 11:24 AM, wesker said:

https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/#lego-dc-super-heroes-2020

Set numbers for next year's DC Superheroes. No names yet but there will be at least 10 sets.

One additional set is also listed (76147 Truck) but that one has also been included under Marvel Superheroes.

It’s def fake I would be stoked to get 10 dc sets but two of them are already confirmed for marvel so my best guess is 4-6 sets. And if Lego decides to be nice to the dc fandom next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excluding Juniors, by the end of the year we will have had 7 DC sets release (includes upcoming D2C).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed a "bug" in the box art of the Batmobile. In the box art, it looks like the pieces behing the frontlights (the cheese tiles) are  a 1x2 black plate and a 2x2 black plate, but in the real model these pieces are a 2x2 modified plate with two studs on the side:

6QwGIJO.png

 

tYfWlPc.png

The other side looks right:

n5zzO2D.png

Edited by hachiroku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hachiroku said:

I noticed a "bug" in the box art of the Batmobile. In the box art, it looks like the pieces behing the frontlights (the cheese tiles) are  a 1x2 black plate and a 2x2 black plate, but in the real model these pieces are a 2x2 modified plate with two studs on the side:

 

 

 

The other side looks right:

 

Isn't the first time, just do what the instructions say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hachiroku said:

I noticed a "bug" in the box art of the Batmobile. In the box art, it looks like the pieces behing the frontlights (the cheese tiles) are  a 1x2 black plate and a 2x2 black plate, but in the real model these pieces are a 2x2 modified plate with two studs on the side:

[pics]

The other side looks right:

[pic]

Wow, you must be eagle-eyed, I never would‘ve noticed that :oh: I wonder how that happened: it can‘t be a mistake in the photographed model since the cheese slopes wouldn‘t be attached to anything, so it pretty much has to be a photoshop goof. Though that would‘t make much sense either when you think about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that patience is key, but I can’t lie I’m kinda bored of Lego right now. The Lego group is so disconnected from its community. I just can’t wait for the 2020 dc sets, I already bought all the sets from August and honestly there not all that great. It’s the same characters we have been getting for what 10 years? Just new designs. Such as joker, Harley Quinn, two face, and cat woman and the clay face is horrible. I’m praying for 2020 to be a year for dc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

I know that patience is key, but I can’t lie I’m kinda bored of Lego right now. The Lego group is so disconnected from its community. I just can’t wait for the 2020 dc sets, I already bought all the sets from August and honestly there not all that great. It’s the same characters we have been getting for what 10 years? Just new designs. Such as joker, Harley Quinn, two face, and cat woman and the clay face is horrible. I’m praying for 2020 to be a year for dc.

You have to keep in mind that not everybody's been collecting as long as you have. The repeat characters is a complaint I see here often, but newer collectors shouldn't be forced to resort to Bricklink or miss out completely on iconic characters like Batman's rogues gallery. This is the first time Two-Face, not counting Lego Batman Movie, has been in a set since 2012 for example. I know I would've loved this wave if it came out when I first got into DC. I also see this happen a lot in the Star Wars forum, where there's always complaints about sets because that specific vehicle had a set four years ago, yet if they didn't do that new fans wouldn't have a chance to get iconic vehicles and locations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigGuy4U said:

You have to keep in mind that not everybody's been collecting as long as you have. The repeat characters is a complaint I see here often, but newer collectors shouldn't be forced to resort to Bricklink or miss out completely on iconic characters like Batman's rogues gallery. This is the first time Two-Face, not counting Lego Batman Movie, has been in a set since 2012 for example. I know I would've loved this wave if it came out when I first got into DC. I also see this happen a lot in the Star Wars forum, where there's always complaints about sets because that specific vehicle had a set four years ago, yet if they didn't do that new fans wouldn't have a chance to get iconic vehicles and locations.

This is true, but Lego releasing waves of barley any new characters is waste to those who don't want multiple variants. If you look at the 2016 wave, we got repeats like Killer Croc, Harley, and Scarecrow, but also received lots of new characters like Blue Beetle, Red Hood, Killer Moth, etc. 

That was my main problem with this wave, there was not a single new character as a figure when they had opportunity to, especially with two Riddler appearances, two Robin appearances, and a repeat of Batwoman that we got a year ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked up that Lobo set from last year, did anyone else not get hollow green studs or was that just mine? If it was everybody then that SUCKS!! Why give us the power burst things if you aren't going to give us anything to connect them with? I have the other 2 sets from this wave and they came with hollow studs, which makes me think it's just my copy, and I'd understand if it was just one or two studs but 8? 

Please tell me if this s just my copy, so I can get my money back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only started collecting Lego four years ago, and already have so many The Jokers and Harley Quinns. I know Batman sells, but we've had so many of them that I now I sell my new Batman minifigs to buy more Lego. I would've preferred the current wave to have included at least two villains that hadn't been done before. Off the top-of-my-head we have had Firefly, Orm and Shazam as new figs this year, and I think that could have been better. I am almost wishing for another Lego superhero movie with tie-in sets akin to TLBM just so we can get some more varied characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

This is true, but Lego releasing waves of barley any new characters is waste to those who don't want multiple variants. If you look at the 2016 wave, we got repeats like Killer Croc, Harley, and Scarecrow, but also received lots of new characters like Blue Beetle, Red Hood, Killer Moth, etc. 

That was my main problem with this wave, there was not a single new character as a figure when they had opportunity to, especially with two Riddler appearances, two Robin appearances, and a repeat of Batwoman that we got a year ago.

Killer Croc hadn't been in a set for 10 years at the time those sets came out, which was the first chance I had to get him. Also in defense of two Riddler's, one was a Juniors set, they aren't exactly what AFOLs need to spend money on to get exclusive figures.

3 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Just picked up that Lobo set from last year, did anyone else not get hollow green studs or was that just mine? If it was everybody then that SUCKS!! Why give us the power burst things if you aren't going to give us anything to connect them with? I have the other 2 sets from this wave and they came with hollow studs, which makes me think it's just my copy, and I'd understand if it was just one or two studs but 8? 

Please tell me if this s just my copy, so I can get my money back

The set didn't include any of those pieces, they don't even exist in that colour, which is both disappointing and annoying, because I really want to use those pieces for Loki and Mysterio. It's also annoying that the Lobo set is the only chance to get those pieces in that colour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Killer Croc hadn't been in a set for 10 years at the time those sets came out, which was the first chance I had to get him. Also in defense of two Riddler's, one was a Juniors set, they aren't exactly what AFOLs need to spend money on to get exclusive figures.

The set didn't include any of those pieces, they don't even exist in that colour, which is both disappointing and annoying, because I really want to use those pieces for Loki and Mysterio. It's also annoying that the Lobo set is the only chance to get those pieces in that colour.

Damn it, thank you. It really does suck. I wanted them for green lantern personally, but it's all the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

That was my main problem with this wave, there was not a single new character as a figure when they had opportunity to, especially with two Riddler appearances, two Robin appearances, and a repeat of Batwoman that we got a year ago.

I think Shazam counts as it’s likely next to no one has the SDCC version of him. :P 

Maybe I’m being naive but since this wave had Batman’s most popular rogues I think it’s unlikely that a lot of them will show up in the CMF. The CMF will more than likely give us plenty of new characters. :3 

 

On 9/1/2019 at 9:04 PM, JosiahJVL said:

 

It’s def fake I would be stoked to get 10 dc sets but two of them are already confirmed for marvel so my best guess is 4-6 sets. And if Lego decides to be nice to the dc fandom next year.

I don’t think it’s fair to say LEGO isn’t kind to the DC fandom, when they’ve tried next to every one of their product types with DC. We’ve got regular sets in larger waves and in smaller waves, Juniors sets, minidoll sets catered to girls, BrickHeadz, D2Cs, constraction figures, DUPLO sets, a remote controlled set, dimensions sets, video games and a LEGO themed movie. That doesn’t mention the copious amounts of LEGO DC merchandise (costumes, plushes, notebooks, keychains etc.) and the CMF we’re getting next year. It’s not LEGO to blame for the lack of sets, it’s the average consumer not buying these products. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soupperson1 said:

I don’t think it’s fair to say LEGO isn’t kind to the DC fandom, when they’ve tried next to every one of their product types with DC. We’ve got regular sets in larger waves and in smaller waves, Juniors sets, minidoll sets catered to girls, BrickHeadz, D2Cs, constraction figures, DUPLO sets, a remote controlled set, dimensions sets, video games and a LEGO themed movie. That doesn’t mention the copious amounts of LEGO DC merchandise (costumes, plushes, notebooks, keychains etc.) and the CMF we’re getting next year. It’s not LEGO to blame for the lack of sets, it’s the average consumer not buying these products. 

 

I would say that average consumer is buying them, as Lego keeps making them. They might not be the best sellers, but they must be bringing in revenue for Lego to keep trying different things.

Edited by RedHoodPug
Less quote on the page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soupperson1 said:

Maybe I’m being naive but since this wave had Batman’s most popular rogues I think it’s unlikely that a lot of them will show up in the CMF. The CMF will more than likely give us plenty of new characters. :3 

If anything, it will have Joker, catwoman maybe riddler and very possibly mister freeze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

If anything, it will have Joker, catwoman maybe riddler and very possibly mister freeze

I sure hope it only has maybe one of those because seeing as the LBM just came out and we got every one of those as well as the sets that JUST came out should more than one of those you mentioned be in the CMF then we are doomed for disappointment with the whole CMF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

I sure hope it only has maybe one of those because seeing as the LBM just came out and we got every one of those as well as the sets that JUST came out should more than one of those you mentioned be in the CMF then we are doomed for disappointment with the whole CMF. 

Yeah, only reason I'm not hyped is I know it will probably disappoint. It will definitely have the joker, don't know about the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you noticed how leakers have said “DC” Series and not “Batman” Series...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Have you noticed how leakers have said “DC” Series and not “Batman” Series...

They don't make 'batman sets' they make 'DC sets'. Or at least they used to....

also does anybody know if there is a review of set 76118 on here? I can't find it

Edited by DeCommander96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

They don't make 'batman sets' they make 'DC sets'. Or at least they used to....

also does anybody know if there is a review of set 76118 on here? I can't find it

They do in fact make Batman sets, LEGO Batman is basically the replacement of LEGO DC Super Heroes

 

While everyone is talking about DC and Batman for the CMF I'm still sitting here foolishly hoping for Arrowverse or Arkham, even though it will never happen :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They do in fact make Batman sets, LEGO Batman is basically the replacement of LEGO DC Super Heroes

 

While everyone is talking about DC and Batman for the CMF I'm still sitting here foolishly hoping for Arrowverse or Arkham, even though it will never happen :tongue:

That's what I meant, though they are called "Lego DC superheroes"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

That's what I meant, though they are called "Lego DC superheroes"

They used to but switched the branding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now