Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

9 hours ago, J4ck said:

This is great analysis. Thank you. For me, best case scenario would be Lego’s own take. Second best would be comics.

LEGO's own takes on the characters is largely was turns me away from sets in their Superhero licenses. I had absolutely zero interest in the LEGO Batman movie stuff and generally, their original Bat-suits (Space suit, Desert suit, etc.) are often the the least exciting aspects.

9 hours ago, RadioYeh said:

LEGO's own takes on the characters is largely was turns me away from sets in their Superhero licenses. I had absolutely zero interest in the LEGO Batman movie stuff and generally, their original Bat-suits (Space suit, Desert suit, etc.) are often the the least exciting aspects.

The bat-suits in the official DC line like the desert suit and space suit honestly I prefer to the LBM ones because those ones were just mostly comical while the regular ones are at least purposeful.

2 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

The bat-suits in the official DC line like the desert suit and space suit honestly I prefer to the LBM ones because those ones were just mostly comical while the regular ones are at least purposeful.

I agree, it would at least make sense for Batman to have special suits in case he needs to go to space / the arctic / a desert

I would like a mix of both TLG designs and the classic ones. I really liked a select few of the LBM designs like Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Harley Quinn and Riddler. But, I didn't like most of them. I mean, joker with vampire teeth? Two Face that'd spilled Play Do all over his hair? If they make unique designs of characters that will definitely appear like WW then I'd buy the whole wave (provided we get new characters aS well). For example: Old Superman, Batman Beyond, Yellow Lantern Hal Jordan etc

2 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

Yeah lol, when would batman need a disco suit?

i mean, I understand a few of them, like scuba suit, but the rest? I think they were just trying to release the cowl in other colours lol

Edited by DeCommander96

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

Two Face that'd spilled Play Do all over his hair?

That design was one of my favourites since it 1) was based on Billy D. Williams so we finally got to see the version of Two-Face he was denied in the 90s - at least in minifig form - and 2) he’s supposed to be partially melted, that’s not Play-Doh :snicker:

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That design was one of my favourites since it 1) was based on Billy D. Williams so we finally got to see the version of Two-Face he was denied in the 90s - at least in minifig form - and 2) he’s supposed to be partially melted, that’s not Play-Doh :snicker:

Well, I don't know the about Billy D williams, (wasn't around in the 90s lol and wasn't he in TLBM?) I understand he's melted, but hair doesn't melt-it burns off. It just looks overdone to me, just my personal opinion 

Edited by DeCommander96

30 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I don't know the about Billy D williams

He played Harvey Dent in the 1989 Batman movie. He was recast for Batman Forever (Tommy Lee Jones played Two Face). 

Lego used Billy D Williams in TLBM as a nod to his original casting. I believe due to the contract he was in, he still got paid for Batman Forever even though it was recast. 

54 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I understand he's melted, but hair doesn't melt-it burns off. It just looks overdone to me, just my personal opinion 

He's made of lego, lego melts, it's the LegoBatmanMovie.

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

He played Harvey Dent in the 1989 Batman movie. He was recast for Batman Forever (Tommy Lee Jones played Two Face). 

Lego used Billy D Williams in TLBM as a nod to his original casting. I believe due to the contract he was in, he still got paid for Batman Forever even though it was recast. 

Ah ok. Haven't seen the 89 batman movies. I am familiar with Lee Jones' two face.

46 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Einstein has entered the chat

I get, why people didn't like TLBM-Joker. Twoface is a funny idea but the result looks creepy :/ I really like his suit with his underwear showing at the leg where his pant is burned away. His meltet hair is also a funny idea but poorly executed. It looks just stupid that the melted side has so much more volume than the intact one. If the intact side had more structure it would look better, top. There should be a contrast not two smooth sides. Because of that the old twoface hairpiece is so much better looking than both newer ones. The face is a desaster. Minifigures should be simplified. There is much too much going on on that minifigure face. They should at least left the facial hair away. But the rest? The rest ist close to perfection in my opinion. Poison Ivy, Bruce, Alfred, Bane and Riddler are perfect in my opinion. Gordon would have been perfect without printing error on every arms i got :( If Lego did a Hush and Mad Hatter design in the series on that level i'd be very happy.

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Lego doesn’t burn, it melts. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

I get, why people didn't like TLBM-Joker. Twoface is a funny idea but the result looks creepy :/ I really like his suit with his underwear showing at the leg where his pant is burned away. His meltet hair is also a funny idea but poorly executed. It looks just stupid that the melted side has so much more volume than the intact one. If the intact side had more structure it would look better, top. There should be a contrast not two smooth sides. Because of that the old twoface hairpiece is so much better looking than both newer ones. The face is a desaster. Minifigures should be simplified. There is much too much going on on that minifigure face. They should at least left the facial hair away. But the rest? The rest ist close to perfection in my opinion. Poison Ivy, Bruce, Alfred, Bane and Riddler are perfect in my opinion. Gordon would have been perfect without printing error on every arms i got :( If Lego did a Hush and Mad Hatter design in the series on that level i'd be very happy.

Yeah I agree, I generally like the older two face with this ones face

39 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Lego doesn’t burn, it melts. Thank you.

Jacks facts

Edited by DeCommander96

On 8/25/2019 at 2:51 PM, Lego-Freak said:

I think we have the following options for what the series could be based on:

• Comics: easily the most likely option given that‘s what a majority of the sets are already based on, which is also this option’s biggest caveat.
  • DCEU: Not impossible, but the DCEU sets probably weren’t successful enough to warrant an entire series. Plus the DCEU is practically a non-entity since the shift to individual franchises occurred :wink:
  • CW shows: a lot of these will be ending soon, so maybe they could take that as a chance? The audience for such a series probably doesn’t exist though, there’s a reason those versions have been relegated to SDCC exclusives...
  • Cartoon series: I’m not sure if this option has been brought up before, but a series based on either the classic or more current cartoons could work.
  • TLG’s own versions: crazy idea, but they could come up with their own versions of some characters, similar to what they did with the LEGO Batman movie.

Any other ideas? :sweet:

I think it will be a mixture of the 5 points. LEGO will not put again the obscure characters formula from TLBM, and we will see only well known ones (known for Rebirth comics, DCEU, CW,...). 

Think about a decent Lois Lane (WHY we dont have one yet? Amy Adams doenst look like lois in MOS theme sets), the Supersons, Artemis (the WW one, not the YJ), Kid Flash...

Also Im pretty sure the big 7 will be there (maybe as the crime syndicate, or on a funny design like the swimsuit batman)

Its funny how we've been discussing this series so frequently for the past month and a half when the only notion of it existing was one sentence on someone's Instagram story. I know they've been accurate in the past, but it's still amusing.

12 minutes ago, wesker said:

https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/#lego-dc-super-heroes-2020

Set numbers for next year's DC Superheroes. No names yet but there will be at least 10 sets.

One additional set is also listed (76147 Truck) but that one has also been included under Marvel Superheroes.

Considering 76151 is a marvel set I know for sure. I would take that with a grain of salt 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It will probably never happen but I really want a Joaquin Phoenix Joker figure!

Yeah, if we got a whole wave of sets that would be awesome! There are so many designs in the new trailer! He could have

the clown suit

regular arthur

joker

the joker with the clown mask

not gonna happen though. Maybe they could give us joker inspired comic sets? Like Suicide Squad got sneaky comic sets

28 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

The least they can do for joker is a comic book tie in.

Which would literally just be a set with Batman & Joker in, which would cause people to complain that he's over used. Considering the film releases in two months, the new Batmobile set could be "a loose tie in"

4 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Yeah, if we got a whole wave of sets that would be awesome! There are so many designs in the new trailer! 

not gonna happen though. Maybe they could give us joker inspired comic sets? Like Suicide Squad got sneaky comic sets

The difference be, that Suicide Squad couldn't have tie in sets due to the name of the film, but the characters could still appear in sets. This Joker film is supposed to be R rated, so don't expect any kind of LEGO merchandise relating to the film

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Which would literally just be a set with Batman & Joker in, which would cause people to complain that he's over used. Considering the film releases in two months, the new Batmobile set could be "a loose tie in"

The difference be, that Suicide Squad couldn't have tie in sets due to the name of the film, but the characters could still appear in sets. This Joker film is supposed to be R rated, so don't expect any kind of LEGO merchandise relating to the film

Also it’s likely that The Joker is the only notable character with a look even remotely worth creating in LEGO form and even more so, there are probably zero scenes that would even work to create a set out of.

35 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

FYI, I was more referring to getting a single figure. Either CMF or a polybag, not actual sets :wink:

Polybag won’t happen either.

7 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Yep, I think the Joker is overrated and overused. I would complain.

21 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Polybag won’t happen either.

I already said it most likely wouldn't happen, but I'd like to see that figure. My comment was more targeted at those who were talking about (tie-in) sets, which is even more unlikely than just one figure

Edited by Guyon2002

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I already said it most likely wouldn't happen, but I'd like to see that figure. My comment was more targeted at those who were talking about (tie-in) sets, which is even more unlikely than just one figure

Oh I see, my apologies Guyon.