Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

There's a new, clearer picture of Jay Garrick up (at least, it's new to me).
It looks a lot better now, actually. You can see a very subtle outline of a jacket, instead of a plain red torso, so that's nice.
The legs are pretty good too, and that helmet is definitely a win, albeit perhaps a tad oversized.

Regards,
Mitch

41 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

There's a new, clearer picture of Jay Garrick up (at least, it's new to me).
It looks a lot better now, actually. You can see a very subtle outline of a jacket, instead of a plain red torso, so that's nice.
The legs are pretty good too, and that helmet is definitely a win, albeit perhaps a tad oversized.

Hmmm, from the looks of this image, now I'm uncertain as to whether his helmet is Light Bluish Grey or Metallic Silver. Also, I think the jacket outline was more clearly defined in the first image rather than this latest one. :shrug_confused:

On 10/22/2019 at 3:22 AM, Gomek said:

I saw a guy once selling a pad printed giant Lego penny on Ebay and passed it up. Still regretting that and not sure why one hasn't shown up in a Lego set yet.

I have one of those, it's not Pad Printed but it is awesome.

On the leaks page, next to some of the CMFs we already know are being released, there is a figure with blond hair and green dress. She's not any recognizable DC character I know, and it seems that all the DC characters have been released so far, so my questions are 1) Does anyone know where she is from? and 2) We got pictures of all the figures released right?

6 minutes ago, FastFlash said:

On the leaks page, next to some of the CMFs we already know are being released, there is a figure with blond hair and green dress. She's not any recognizable DC character I know, and it seems that all the DC characters have been released so far, so my questions are 1) Does anyone know where she is from? and 2) We got pictures of all the figures released right?

That's very plausibly Vicki Vale. It looks a lot like her dress from significant scenes in the 1989 movie.

3 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

That's very plausibly Vicki Vale. It looks a lot like her dress from significant scenes in the 1989 movie.

Interesting. I could see that if it were a part of the D2C set, though I thought only Joker and Batman were going to appear in it. 

Vicki Vale is a pleasant surprise. I too was expecting we'd only see Batman and Joker. All three minifigures look great and I'm glad that we're finally getting the characters from the 1989 film.

Awesome that we’re getting Vicki Vale! I didn’t expect the set to have more than the two previously seen figures. I wish we’d get Pfeiffer’s Catwoman but that doesn’t seem possible. 

I'm pleased to see Vicki Vale, but honestly getting any named supporting character is always a plus. It seems to be a pretty solid design for the most part. I think my only issue with it is the skirt printing. It doesn't quite look right, seeing the better picture now, it does look a bit lazy, no side leg printing. Too bad they couldn't dual mold it. Oh well, at least it's middle of the road laziness rather than an outright design fail.

I really hope that the D2C is something minifigure scale, or close. I really don't want a gigantic bat vehicle that's severely out of proportion with the minifigures. Part of me hopes it's not a vehicle at all, especially considering all the 89 inspired vehicles we've gotten recently (plus in the past).

Edited by strangely

1 minute ago, KevinMD said:

What’s the point of including VV in the D2C? Clue a dope in.

She was pretty much the third main character in the movie behind Keaton's Batman and Nicholson's Joker, which is probably why we're getting her instead of someone like Pfeiffer's Catwoman since the set is based on the 1989 movie instead of Batman Returns.

Though if this Bat-vehicle D2C could get a third minifigure, I'm now wondering why the Tumbler D2C couldn't fit in one more figure that everyone would've wanted like Two-Face or Hathaway's Catwoman...

34 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

She was pretty much the third main character in the movie behind Keaton's Batman and Nicholson's Joker, which is probably why we're getting her instead of someone like Pfeiffer's Catwoman since the set is based on the 1989 movie instead of Batman Returns.

Though if this Bat-vehicle D2C could get a third minifigure, I'm now wondering why the Tumbler D2C couldn't fit in one more figure that everyone would've wanted like Two-Face or Hathaway's Catwoman...

Fair enough answer but I still stand by my position of “but why”.  Maybe once we see the D2C it will make more sense but it just seems like an unnecessary inclusion.

40 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Fair enough answer but I still stand by my position of “but why”.  Maybe once we see the D2C it will make more sense but it just seems like an unnecessary inclusion.

My guess is it's because it's the only figure that's completely new (obviously, the Joker and Batman figures are new versions but there has never been a Vicki Vale figure before) thus making the set more attractive to people interested in figures as well as to make the entire model more attractive to those who are fans of the 89' film.

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hmmm, from the looks of this image, now I'm uncertain as to whether his helmet is Light Bluish Grey or Metallic Silver. Also, I think the jacket outline was more clearly defined in the first image rather than this latest one. :shrug_confused:

There's another set of pictures out of all the CMF's, and on Flash's, the helmet seems to be more... pearl grey? I can't say for sure. It looks shinier than LBG but less shiny than metallic silver :grin: :blush: 
However, the jacket outline does seem more defined than in previous pictures :sweet: 

Nice to see Ms. Vale is included in the D2C! A very lovely surprise!

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

Ok, another Golden Age character, but I don’t know if her inclusion is going to be enough of a sway. Depends on the whole I guess 

I‘m also pleasantly surprised by her inclusion since I didn‘t expect more than two minifigs for this set, especially after the Tumbler D2C from 2014 :sweet:

The VV figure is a great addition. Hope she has an alternate expression, the one shown is not the best IMO. Release date for the D2C is coming up? November? December? 

8 hours ago, strangely said:

I'm pleased to see Vicki Vale, but honestly getting any named supporting character is always a plus. It seems to be a pretty solid design for the most part. I think my only issue with it is the skirt printing. It doesn't quite look right, seeing the better picture now, it does look a bit lazy, no side leg printing. Too bad they couldn't dual mold it. Oh well, at least it's middle of the road laziness rather than an outright design fail.

I really hope that the D2C is something minifigure scale, or close. I really don't want a gigantic bat vehicle that's severely out of proportion with the minifigures. Part of me hopes it's not a vehicle at all, especially considering all the 89 inspired vehicles we've gotten recently (plus in the past).

We know it’s a vehicle and it’s based on the 1989 movie. That’s pretty much the only concrete information, and a vehicle with that parts count can only mean a large scale one that’s not suited for minifigures. I’m happy with that though since we have plenty of figure-scaled Batman vehicles already and this is (presumably) a display piece. 

37 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

The VV figure is a great addition. Hope she has an alternate expression, the one shown is not the best IMO. Release date for the D2C is coming up? November? December? 

She does have an alternate expression- her face is the same one used for Black Widow, Mera, and Jyn Erso. I think the D2C is supposed to release Thanksgiving weekend. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We know it’s a vehicle and it’s based on the 1989 movie. That’s pretty much the only concrete information, and a vehicle with that parts count can only mean a large scale one that’s not suited for minifigures. I’m happy with that though since we have plenty of figure-scaled Batman vehicles already and this is (presumably) a display piece.

Are we sure it is a single vehicle? I mean, we were all pretty sure that the Jurassic Park D2C was the Visitor Center ... and we were all surprised when it leaked.

3 minutes ago, astroboy75 said:

Are we sure it is a single vehicle? I mean, we were all pretty sure that the Jurassic Park D2C was the Visitor Center ... and we were all surprised when it leaked.

It makes sense to give it side-builds. Especially with the waving cape i can picture a batman on top of a roof with gargoyles or something like that

It's great to see a 3rd fig in the shape of Vicky Vale but do we still have no hint of what the model is ?

I know there's already a mini fig scaled '89 batmobile so is this set just going to be the parade and batwing ? or so we think it'll  be a UCS scale and detail model ?

Went here to say the 1989 Batman movie minifigs looks cool, especially Bat's new mould! May swap the face for the 2006 head. :tongue:

Also, did we get leaks on what the 1989 movie set will be? A minifig-scale Batmobile will be great!