Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's a GWP, it will most likely go live alongside the UCS set

Thank you! ?

Again no mad Hatter or Hush ? 

I hope at least Batmites cowl will be black. Would make a nice headgear for an orc and Mordor's army needs evry varriation it can get to make it look less like from Kamino ? Maybe he could have a Comic of Batman as an accessory.

The new green Vankman-hairpiece for Joker is great. Allways wanted it and was going to paint a custom one this hollidays because i gave up hope ? 

Besides that, the black recolour of Hermoine's hairpiece and all the great Fantasy-pieces used for Aquaman this series sadly gives me nothing ? If there aren't some cool accessoires we don't know until now it is going to be the cheaper series until now for me with one purchased figure and 2 or maybe 3 hairpieces from Bricklink.

Edited by Gorilla94

Nice to see the Jay Garrick confirmation.  First IG picture has a lot of reflection but you can make out that they included the 'shirt flap' in the design.  That's interesting because that isn't a typical element ever used in the golden age design.  The CW Flash TV show incorporated that as part of the Hunter Solomon design and the only other place I'm aware it was used was the Smallville comic version of Jay.  So, interesting that Lego went with that design element.

2 hours ago, Alien Hand said:

Nice to see the Jay Garrick confirmation.  First IG picture has a lot of reflection but you can make out that they included the 'shirt flap' in the design.  That's interesting because that isn't a typical element ever used in the golden age design.  The CW Flash TV show incorporated that as part of the Hunter Solomon design and the only other place I'm aware it was used was the Smallville comic version of Jay.  So, interesting that Lego went with that design element.

I actually thought he was a dead ringer for Jay Garrick from Earth 3 in that show (he last suited up in Season 4's Flashtime but the suit showed up in the latest episode on display).

I'm curious to see Batmite, Superman and Lex's designs now. 

Batmite is an awesome result. Lex and Superman aren't surprising but I'm gutted we didn't get Bizzaro or someone else.

EDIT: i'm an idiot and obviously meant "yet another joker" wherever the word Lex is in this post 

Edited by MatBoyWonder

24 minutes ago, MatBoyWonder said:

I actually thought he was a dead ringer for Jay Garrick from Earth 3 in that show (he last suited up in Season 4's Flashtime but the suit showed up in the latest episode on display).

I'm curious to see Batmite, Superman and Lex's designs now. 

Batmite is an awesome result. Lex and Superman aren't surprising but I'm gutted we didn't get Bizzaro or someone else.

Lex? I thought we were getting TDKR white suit Joker?

2 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Lex? I thought we were getting TDKR white suit Joker?

you're right, i spaced out completely and thought it was lex because of all the "and that would be terrible jokes" over the last few pages. My bad

14 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Side-note, the Superman suit that seems to be the one that's coming in the series based on the comic reference picture that the leakers have posted is the Superman REBORN suit. The Superman REBIRTH suit is this one:

f48982c729d6dd04d2f98e99ed18cb03.png

That's quite disappointing to be honest, as not only has Lego had plenty of opportunities to shoehorn such a variant into any past playset, this figure won't even have dual-molded legs for red boots (since he lacks such). :sceptic: Well, the only way I'd probably be interested in this CMF is if he were Earth Blue rather than traditional Bright Blue.

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Also, I'm quite interested to see Flash's helmet

Interesting to hear that you're interested in this part... :wink: ...I suppose you have particular designs for it in mind, perhaps for a custom Roman god Mercury CMF? Or maybe an Art Deco automobile hood ornament? It's a bit bulky-looking, but it's just so DECO... :purrr:

god_mercury.jpg

1 hour ago, MatBoyWonder said:

[...] because of all the "and that would be terrible jokes" over the last few pages.

Guilty as charged :blush:

I think these four are solid choices. Too bad it‘s not the classic version of Supes, but we could still get that one further down the road in order to complete the trinity. The one I‘m looking forward to the most out of the three that haven‘t leaked yet is definitely Bat-mite. I hope he looks like he did in LB3 :thumbup:

Edited by Lego-Freak

The Jay Garrick fig s really nice! The helmet is a bit big, but I think it works. The fact it does not have side hair actually helps, because the fig then fits both the original appearance (with dark hair) and the more known appearances (with white hair).

I'm surprised the Superman is not the FA. We already were missing the New 52 Supes., now there are two of them missing...

45 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

I'm surprised the Superman is not the FA. We already were missing the New 52 Supes., now there are two of them missing...

Classic DC to fail to finish off a collection of characters. Saturn Girl. Samurai. Gleek. First Appearance Superman.

8 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Classic DC to fail to finish off a collection of characters. Saturn Girl. Samurai. Gleek. First Appearance Superman.

Is it the fault of DC or is it LEGO that dropped the ball? Here’s hoping that we do get a second DC CMF series to fill in some gaps... those 4 above mentioned missing figs and to get some never-before released characters that many of us have been waiting for. It would be a shame not to have a first appearance Superman. Maybe the next series can be 20 figs or more. So many DC characters to pull from... Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That's quite disappointing to be honest, as not only has Lego had plenty of opportunities to shoehorn such a variant into any past playset, this figure won't even have dual-molded legs for red boots (since he lacks such). :sceptic: Well, the only way I'd probably be interested in this CMF is if he were Earth Blue rather than traditional Bright Blue.

Interesting to hear that you're interested in this part... :wink: ...I suppose you have particular designs for it in mind, perhaps for a custom Roman god Mercury CMF? Or maybe an Art Deco automobile hood ornament? It's a bit bulky-looking, but it's just so DECO... :purrr:

That's what I thought

It would be interesting if TLG can reuse it for a regular non licensed CMF.

It's a shame it doesnt have hair molded into it, but I guess it makes sense for this version of Flash

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It is typical of them, and it is annoying. But as I said above hopefully this will keep the door open for a second series, and hopefully with a bit of luck and maybe a stiff prod with a really big stick, they might think of those gaps. Hope and willpower work well together :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

It is typical of them, and it is annoying. But as I said above hopefully this will keep the door open for a second series, and hopefully with a bit of luck and maybe a stiff prod with a really big stick, they might think of those gaps. Hope and willpower work well together :thumbup:

I get that reference!

That's Joker and Superman up.

Just Bat-Mite to go.

Strangely enough, Superman is wearing his first Rebirth suit, and not the Reborn one. Not a bad fig though I'm hoping for a more neutral alternate face.

Joker is really nice, though I think the legs are just printed for the sake of it. I think the jacket comes down too low, and might just swap them out with standard white ones. A more menacing Joker face is long overdue, though the fig itself is kinda morbid (at least he comes with the cotton candy, and not, say, a batarang or a mug :wink:)

New Joker looks awesomely creepy, although I wonder if they went with the white suit to look as different as possible to Joaquin Phoenix's Joker look.

Rebirth Superman is okay, I guess, but why oh why it isn't his first appearance look like Batman and Wonder Woman, I have no idea. I'll be glad to get it since we never got a New 52 Superman, but there are so many better Superman looks they could have used, it's a missed opportunity.

Joker looks good but I think the green for the hair should be darker, faceprint is awesome!

Supes is a bit meh, new expression is cool but that's about it 

Joker looks awesome. I love the face but I wish the hair was the normal green instead of lime green. I actually quite like Superman as well, and that laser eyes face is really nice. 

Once I looked up the rebirth suit again, I don't mind the lack of dual molded legs for Superman, pretty much looks spot on to the source material 

Joker is great, the face reminds me of the 2006 print, read TDKR a few years ago but don't remember enough to get the accessory reference 

- Joker looks great. That hairpiece in green is awesome even if it isn't really that accurate for the comic appearance it's based on. But now we can make some epic Arkham Joker custom minifigures!
- Not massively impressed with the Supes fig - although I'm thankful that he's coming with the soft fabric cape as opposed to the scratchy paper ones they've reverted back to recently.
- Jay Garrick, very happy to finally be getting this character! The helmet looks a little big but I guess it fits the LEGO style.

As a massive DC fan I'll be getting the complete series and maybe a few spares. But man oh man, I feel like this series has wasted so many opportunities. There are some great choices and fantastic looking minifigures here. But so many more interesting characters could have been chosen (e.g. Doctor Fate, Booster Gold, Power Girl, etc) and the lazy reuse of existing pieces and prints in some of these figures is even more disappointing. 

19 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Joker looks awesome. I love the face but I wish the hair was the normal green instead of lime green. I actually quite like Superman as well, and that laser eyes face is really nice. 

That's my only problem with this Joker, hair should have been dark green, not like green. Otherwise it's a nice minifigure. As is new Supes.

I am someone in the minority who is absolutely content with the choice of Rebirth Superman, and that figure does not disappoint. The muscle detail is beautiful. Also TDKR Joker is incredible.