Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

22 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

I'm okay with Mechs only if they get us new versions of characters, or new characters altogether. Minifig scale versions of former bigfigs, like Darkseid or Killer Croc, would be nice. A Polka-Dot Man mech would obviously be ideal.

Knowing LEGO though, it wouldn't be new characters OR interesting variants. 

Edited by RadioYeh

After learning that the figures from the Marvel mech sets are based on the new Avengers game, I have now completely flipped on my opinion of DC doing it. If they followed then we could get some really cool variants from DC's video games.

Edited by RadioYeh

13 minutes ago, RadioYeh said:

After learning that the figures from the Marvel mech sets are based on the new Avengers game, I have now completely flipped on my opinion of DC doing it. If they followed then we could get some really cool variants from DC's video games.

I think some mechs  would look cool next to the mighty micro fighters  DC diemensions  build and the the first and only wave of large mechs from 2012.

Add in some cool variants based oin the game as you said. Why not. 

If we are to go by Stone wars set numbers then we should see 9 DC sets second half of the year! 

Bring it on I say!

I’m calling it now. We’re getting March sets (other than CMF & 1 WW).

According to Stone Wars there’s 11 DC sets, there’s no way at all, all 11 will get released June.

Edited by J4ck

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

I’m calling it now. We’re getting March sets (other than CMF & 1 WW).

According to Stone Wars there’s 11 DC sets, there’s no way at all, all 11 will get released June.

Not all of those are dc sets from stonewars list

What are the chances of one of the final CMF spots being Dr Midnight? An owl is making the rounds in the leaks and everyone is convinced it’s HP themed. It would add some weight to the ‘company for Stargirl’ suggestion. The only downside is that with McNider you need Tyler.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

What are the chances of one of the final CMF spots being Dr Midnight? An owl is making the rounds in the leaks and everyone is convinced it’s HP themed. It would add some weight to the ‘company for Stargirl’ suggestion. The only downside is that with McNider you need Tyler.

Not him 

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Not him 

Worth a shout. Is there any further news?

3 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Is the owl even from DC?

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Hooty_the_Owl_(New_Earth) 

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Probably not.

It’s not impossible, but I can be forgiven for thinking so when we’re closer to a DC CMF reveal than we are anything from HP.

54 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's not even close to the color of the leaked owl

Pfftt. Nothing like a bit of inconsistency in the early days of comic lore, though. Doctor Midnight - or Mid-Nite - was accompanied by more than one owl, Hooty being one of them. He was often paired with Rex Tyler, known as Hourman, Hour-Man, the Hourman or the Hour-Man. Look at the discussion in these pages about 1939 Batman’s belt buckle not being consistent within the same story. My point being that that owl doesn’t have to be that Hooty.

10 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The owl is from a CITY set. A fire one, with a tree on fire, a fireman, and the owl on the tree. 2020 jan release.

@FastFlash Sorry, should've quoted him before in the first place. I'm still learning this stuff :) 

Edited by AnyColourYouLike

10 hours ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

Apparently, the owl is from a City set. 

Saw that. Well it was only an idea. It just didn’t make sense for it to be HP either as there’s no precedent for a winking owl. 

5 hours ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

@FastFlash Sorry, should've quoted him before in the first place. I'm still learning this stuff :) 

No worries! I'm new to this too! I was just curious because I've seen several rumors in the past and I was trying to figure out if this one was legitimate or not.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Saw that. Well it was only an idea. It just didn’t make sense for it to be HP either as there’s no precedent for a winking owl. 

Agreed. Though at the risk of going off topic, I wouldn't mind if one of the unreleased CMF figures turned out to be Nite Owl from the Watchmen. If wishes were fishes...

38 minutes ago, FastFlash said:

Agreed. Though at the risk of going off topic, I wouldn't mind if one of the unreleased CMF figures turned out to be Nite Owl from the Watchmen. If wishes were fishes...

He would be a good fit, they’ve proven capable of doing varied cowls. Although my heart wants more Golden Age characters, I would love minifigures of the Charlton characters that inspired/inadvertently formed Watchmen.

By the way, has anyone here thought of swapping First Appearance Wonder Woman's standard hairpiece with the minidoll one from 2017's DC SuperHero Girls? I must confess, despite being excited for the prospect of a First Appearance Wonder Woman CMF initially, I did find the leaked figure kinda underwhelming, particularly not being all that thrilled with the usage of Minnie's skirt piece. :def_shrug:

41239_alt5.jpg

14 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

He would be a good fit, they’ve proven capable of doing varied cowls. Although my heart wants more Golden Age characters, I would love minifigures of the Charlton characters that inspired/inadvertently formed Watchmen.

If they ever did another CMF line of DC characters I could see how they might put him in. That cowl for the new Batman would work well.

4 hours ago, FastFlash said:

If they ever did another CMF line of DC characters I could see how they might put him in. That cowl for the new Batman would work well.

I would assume that there would be a series 2 as every other CMF series has had one - Disney, Simpsons, Harry Potter, Lego Batman, Lego Movie...

Edited by thebrickobserver

11 minutes ago, thebrickobserver said:

I would assume that there would be a series 2 as every other CMF series has had one - Disney, Simpsons, Harry Potter, Lego Batman, Lego Movie...

I guess it will really depend on the success of this series.

and btw, welcome to EB. Happy posting! 

1 hour ago, thebrickobserver said:

Hopefully.