Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

3 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

...None of those guys are Batman villains though, besides maybe Grundy (though anything less than a bigfig for him would be a waste). The original post said "A Batman foe for who is not currently on store shelves". 

37 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

It's either, has never been on the shelves, which pretty much leaves us with Mad Hatter, or they're just not presently on shelves, which could be either a Penguin or Scarecrow variant.

Or Deadshot or Killer Moth. Don’t get me wrong, the odds of it being Hatter are higher. But it would be ironic if the Hatter we got was GA, when he was his least threatening or iconic.

3 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

Left field suggestion but that stargirl hint made me think...what if one of the characters is Starro?

That wouldn't work in a minifigure series

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I would suggest if each of them came with a StarFish accessory, but we've seen the bag for Mister Miracle. Could still be included as an accessory buy unlikely now.

I would like to see a Black Mask first appearance.

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Deathstroke isn't currently on store shelves... ?

But he isn’t a batman villain, more a TT/Dick Grayson villain.

Think they specifically said all figs were golden age based, so that rules out Black Mask or Deathstroke

You've got golden age Flash and Superman from Action Comics #1, a long awaited nemesis (possibly Black Adam, who first appeared in 1945) and a Batman villain not on shelves at the moment, the forerunners there being Scarecrow, Penguin or Hatter.

(You know that I'd happily accept a Golden Age Killer Moth though @RedHoodPug haha, with those huge eyebrows) 

13 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Neither did Unikitty but we still got her.

But Unikitty isn't supposed to be gigantic like Starro, that's what I'm trying to say

9 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

(You know that I'd happily accept a Golden Age Killer Moth though haha, with those huge eyebrows) 

I hadn't seen Golden age Moth before but I looked it up and now I want one. (Random off-topic nonsense in the spoiler)

Spoiler

Image result for Golden Age Killer Moth

Look at the eyebrows. These are attack eyebrows. You could take bottle tops off with these.
They are mighty eyebrows indeed, sir.
They're cross. They're crosser than the rest of my face. They're independently cross. They probably want to secede from the rest of my face and set up their own independent state of eyebrows.

Edited by Agent Kallus

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You're right, I should have known a starfish could never be a minifi-

bob002.png

;)

Don't be so serious about it, I know it's not going to be Starro, but wouldn't that be wild?

18 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

So, heard from a friend (convincing, I know, but he’s been right in the past) that the last four figures are:

- One we saw coming faster than a speeding bullet, or actually, maybe two

- A Batman foe for who is not currently on store shelves

- A hero's absent nemesis

All four are male. All four are from the Golden Age. Though the figures won’t all be based on those versions, you could say Stargirl is getting some friends. And three of these figures aren’t Superman. :tongue:

This seems unnecessarily cryptic. But I'll give some possibilities that some have overlooked in this thread.

This is probably Golden Age Flash and First Appearance Superman, but (and I know this is a stretch) maybe could refer to Superboy, who was a Golden Age character, originally sometimes referred to as Superman's son (maybe Jon Kent Version)... Alternatively it could be Earth 2 Superman, sometimes wearing a similar costume to Kingdom Come. The plural of "Stargirl is getting some friends" could refer to his time on the JSA.

I read this as a hint that the character has already appeared in a set but is currently off shelves. This restricts it to a small list of Golden age foes. Here's a few:
Penguin, Hugo Strange, Gentleman Ghost, Deadshot, Crazy Quilt, Polka Dot man, Killer Moth.
Seeing as some of these have already been in a TLBM set, I'll shorten it:
Penguin, Deadshot, Killer Moth.
Of course Mad Hatter is also an option, but I honestly don't see them putting him in a CMF when he'd be so easy to put in a set.

I feel like this is definitely going to be Black Adam (Another former member of the JSA). However, it could also be a number of other villains, such as Toyman, The Rival (Good use of a new helmet for Jay), The Turtle, Metallo or even Mr. Mxyzptlk.

We also have no idea if this is correct or reliable but have this random SPECULATION anyway

26 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Deathstroke isn't currently on store shelves... ?

He's not from the Golden age though...

10 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I hadn't seen Golden age Moth before but I looked it up and now I want one. (Random off-topic nonsense in the spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

Look at the eyebrows. These are attack eyebrows. You could take bottle tops off with these.
They're cross. They're crosser than the rest of my face. They're independently cross. They probably want to secede from the rest of my face and set up their own independent state of eyebrows.

Looks like Ambush Bug

Edited by Brick Cucumber

1 minute ago, InnerRayg said:

Don't be so serious about it, I know it's not going to be Starro, but wouldn't that be wild?

Patrick Starfish on steroids aside, Starro is a Silver Age villain. Sorry to be that nerd :grin:

@Duncan Young I have great admiration for anyone, when designing a villainous disguise with the intent of being taken seriously as a threat, decides that their helmet needs - nay demands - massive eyebrows.

All of this is just a diversion from the fact that we’ve not seen anything since last week. Have they been silenced?

A few weeks back, someone on Instagram said that one of the first leakers of the fig pictures mentioned hatter as a possibility. 

If if I remember correctly, he also said jay so hopefully hatter is accurate 

Edited by HMD BrickCustoms

Just now, HMD BrickCustoms said:

A few weeks back, someone on Instagram said that one of the first leakers of the fig pictures mentioned hatter as a possibility. 

If if I remember correctly, he also said jay so hopefully hatter is accurate 

Everything is a "possibility". That doesn't tell us much unfortunately :(

Edited by Brick Cucumber

13 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

He's not from the Golden age though...

My bad, I missed the Golden Age hint

3 hours ago, thatblockoguy said:

Penguin?

also “a hero’s absent nemesis” is an interesting choice of words

is the clue in the words?

When I think nemesis, I don't necessarily think enemy, but annoyance.  I'm probably off, or aren't reading the clues right, but my mind wanders to Bat-Mite.  Unfortunately, BM is solidly in the Silver Age (1959).  But man, I'd love to have a Bat-Mite minifig.

54 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Think they specifically said all figs were golden age based, so that rules out Black Mask or Deathstroke

You've got golden age Flash and Superman from Action Comics #1, a long awaited nemesis (possibly Black Adam, who first appeared in 1945) and a Batman villain not on shelves at the moment, the forerunners there being Scarecrow, Penguin or Hatter.

(You know that I'd happily accept a Golden Age Killer Moth though @RedHoodPug haha, with those huge eyebrows) 

Golden age flash has the metal helmet, right? That'd be great to see.

41 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Hide contents

Golden age moth should forever be immortalized along with gonk droid as full subthemes of their own.

3 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I feel like this is definitely going to be Black Adam (Another former member of the JSA). However, it could also be a number of other villains, such as Toyman, The Rival (Good use of a new helmet for Jay), The Turtle, Metallo or even Mr. Mxyzptlk.

I doubt we’d get the Rival if we get Jay Garrick it’s just too similar it would be a waste. Though the other ones you mention (except the turtle) are good picks for probability. Honestly I think Mr. Myxzptlk or Batmite could be a good “mystery character” they both have good Mr. Gold vibes to them.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:11 AM, SoupOrFishOil said:

So, heard from a friend (convincing, I know, but he’s been right in the past) that the last four figures are:

All four are male. All four are from the Golden Age. Though the figures won’t all be based on those versions, you could say Stargirl is getting some friends. And three of these figures aren’t Superman. :tongue:

I don't think anyone's considered Captain Marvel (DC) for the first one or Lex Luthor for the last one yet. Superman, if he is in this series, wouldn't have a nemesis in this series like others have, so it would track. Batman gets a random member of his rogues gallery (since his nemesis is on shelves at the minute), Wonder Woman her classic rival and Superman his classic rival (probably in the weird green trousers purple shirt outfit).

10 hours ago, ood0 said:

or Lex Luthor for the last one yet. Superman, if he is in this series, wouldn't have a nemesis in this series like others have, so it would track.

We've gotten so many Luthor's before and his costume doesn't change much. We could get this classic costume,

lexluthorcakes.jpg?1318992465

but my money is on Bat-Mite Mxyzptlk (Got my Imp's confused for a second there).

Also, I'm almost 100% sure we're going to get a classic / first appearance suit seeing as we got the first appearance costume of two of the main trio already.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

Bat-mite isn't really a nemesis though, nor is he a golden age character (1938-1956, he's from 1959). Mxyzptlk is more likely, and Luthor more likely still.

That part about Stargirl getting friends has been largely overlooked. With that my guess is Superman, Jay Garrick who is also JSA with Stargirl, Black Adam as the absent nemesis (the hero part doesn’t have to be a hero in the series) and then the other villain is just some Batman villain hopefully someone new but if not it’s just a waste imo

19 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Hide contents

No-one else has bothered to mention it but I appreciated the 12th Doctor quote.