Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

3 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

- Jay Garrick, take my money already

- First Appearance Superman to complete the Trinity

- Mad Hatter since his first appearance was in Batman #49 from 1948

- Golden Age Joker?

I would say Hatter is the wild card, as there are dozens of GA villains that haven’t been made yet.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think that the price up with Simpsons was necessary, with all the big new molds and dual-molding, but here quality is not better, it's like a downgrade! Many reused pieces, for example WW or Aquaman. This is disappointing.

I don't agree. Barely any arm printing and barely any leg printing, basic details on the torso. Here, we have detailed prints pretty much everywhere, a few new molds, some sort of action posing thing adding to the piece count and what seems like a lot more duel molding.

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I would say Hatter is the wild card, as there are dozens of GA villains that haven’t been made yet.

Plus they said a villain who is not currently on store shelves, which doesn't have to mean they haven't been made yet - could just be someone not made recently.

22 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I don't agree. Barely any arm printing and barely any leg printing, basic details on the torso. Here, we have detailed prints pretty much everywhere, a few new molds, some sort of action posing thing adding to the piece count and what seems like a lot more duel molding.

You're overstating the expense of printing compared to molding. Every single character in the Simpsons series had new, intricate head molds, and quite a few had dual-molded arms and/or legs, which were a brand-new thing at the time and require their own set of molds as well. Just because the printing was fairly simple (as befits the source material) doesn't negate that. Hell, Simpsons S1 was the first series I ever collected in its entirety, and obviously I wouldn't have done that if I didn't think the increase was justified, but then again I've never been one for the borderline-fetishistic obsession with leg and arm printing that tends to dominate the discussion of licensed minifigs.

49 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Were did the ''action posing pieces'' thing even come from? I haven't seen anything about it from any of the ''big'' leakers. If that had leaked surely they would've posted it by now

43 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

According to promobricks.de, the price will stay the same in Germany (and presumably, the rest of Europe). 

YES! This definetely brings my excitement back, even if the prices in the Netherlands do go up I could just buy them in Germany

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Were did the ''action posing pieces'' thing even come from? I haven't seen anything about it from any of the ''big'' leakers. If that had leaked surely they would've posted it by now

YES! This definetely brings my excitement back, even if the prices in the Netherlands do go up I could just buy them in Germany

Wonder Woman's invisible joysticks are supposedly not joysticks, but instead something they can put in an action pose with. I think it was even mentioned on this thread somewhere.

On 10/4/2019 at 5:55 PM, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Just read that apparently all figures will include a jumber plate and transclear pieces to pose them in superhero... poses. So maybe she might still get that lasso and these transclear pieces that I thought were joysticks are just transclear pieces.

Found it

38 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Wonder Woman's invisible joysticks are supposedly not joysticks, but instead something they can put in an action pose with. I think it was even mentioned on this thread somewhere.

I haven't seen any pictures of WW with something in her hands

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I haven't seen any pictures of WW with something in her hands

It’s on the same hashtag as the other leaks. 

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

Plus they said a villain who is not currently on store shelves, which doesn't have to mean they haven't been made yet - could just be someone not made recently.

You're overstating the expense of printing compared to molding. Every single character in the Simpsons series had new, intricate head molds, and quite a few had dual-molded arms and/or legs, which were a brand-new thing at the time and require their own set of molds as well. Just because the printing was fairly simple (as befits the source material) doesn't negate that. Hell, Simpsons S1 was the first series I ever collected in its entirety, and obviously I wouldn't have done that if I didn't think the increase was justified, but then again I've never been one for the borderline-fetishistic obsession with leg and arm printing that tends to dominate the discussion of licensed minifigs.

Exactly. Plus Simpsons was a new license for Lego, so with all those reasons the price hike definitely made sense. It doesn’t make sense for this series and is quite irritating. 

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

Big new molds are much more expensive than printing. Also, DC Super Heroes series doesn't have more details than all the previous one, like from this year and 2018. This hike up isn't justified, because it doesn't introduce anything new in terms of minifigure detailing. Simpsons series introduced dual-molding, and nearly every minifig had a new mold. This series, as all the others, has new molds and printing, but it's not something revolutionary. We've seen that before.

I do get that I was wrong at this point, I don't need it explained again lol

Thanks for correcting me though, the explanations were pretty interesting.

This price hike is really making me nervous, was really planning on getting a full box

8 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Yeah, but I think he's the only major Batman villain left that first showed up during the Golden Age that Lego has yet to make into a minifigure.

10 minutes ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

What about Joe Chill? They haven’t given us the man who killed Batman’s parents yet.

That's probably because he's literally just a guy with a gun. No costume. No powers. Yes he's responsible for creating Batman, but he's not important enough beyond shooting his parents to waste up a spot for characters people really want to see

59 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Yeah, but I think he's the only major Batman villain left that first showed up during the Golden Age that Lego has yet to make into a minifigure.

Ares, Black Adam, Per Degaton, Grundy, Vandal Savage, Dr Sivana, Star Sapphire, Toyman. Of the ones I can think of that haven’t appeared yet and/or aren’t on the shelves right now.

28 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Ares, Black Adam, Per Degaton, Grundy, Vandal Savage, Dr Sivana, Star Sapphire, Toyman. Of the ones I can think of that haven’t appeared yet and/or aren’t on the shelves right now.

...None of those guys are Batman villains though, besides maybe Grundy (though anything less than a bigfig for him would be a waste). The original post said "A Batman foe for who is not currently on store shelves". 

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Penguin?

also “a hero’s absent nemesis” is an interesting choice of words

is the clue in the words?

Edited by thatblockoguy

14 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Not currently on the shelves? Is that hinting that he/she was on the shelves but isn’t currently?

It's either, has never been on the shelves, which pretty much leaves us with Mad Hatter, or they're just not presently on shelves, which could be either a Penguin or Scarecrow variant.

Edited by Duncan Young

Just now, Duncan Young said:

It's either, has never been on the shelves, which pretty much leaves us with Mad Hatter, or they're just not presently on shelves, which could be either a Penguin or Scarecrow variant.

K

Scarecrow yellow lantern :grin: imagine that