Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

In my opinion he looks way too colorful, the DC Supervillains design is infinetely better

It’s more of an issue with LEGO color palette. He always wears dark blue and orange armor. Maybe orange can be toned down a bit. But LEGO refuses to make a lot of changes to their color palette.

16 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

And what’s wrong with 2015 Deathstroke minifig? Looks great to me.

Let's start with the face - first of all, he should have a dual-molded mask. That face looks truly awful. His mask is exactly half black and half orange, and this mask (which, well, is not a mask but a print) is an orange face with a little of black on it. I don't like the printed eye either.

Torso - I hate this print, I think that his suit should be more of a combat-armoured suit than a sniper suit. I hate that "bullet belt", the light blue also doesn't help. His suit should be really detailed, and this one is plain. I also think he is one of the characters that desperately needs arm printing, that's why I need him in CMF.

Legs - those are also awful. It's nice that they have dual-molding, but it should be either the orange "underpants" (which do not work with the torso, and Deathstroke as a character) or orange "boots" (which I think stand out too much. Lack of leg printing is also disappointing.

Overall, it's one of my least favourite Super Heroes theme minifigures ever - lack of helmet, the suit they have chosen, orange standing out too much. I need a great minifig of him.

If it weren't for the Sinestro minifigure, at this point I'd be wagering that this is going to be just DC Super Heroes and we could get a DC Super Villains series in the future as a follow-up.

2 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

If it weren't for the Sinestro minifigure, at this point I'd be wagering that this is going to be just DC Super Heroes and we could get a DC Super Villains series in the future as a follow-up.

Don't forget Cheetah. There are TWO whole villains to take on all the heroes!

38 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Let's start with the face - first of all, he should have a dual-molded mask. That face looks truly awful. His mask is exactly half black and half orange, and this mask (which, well, is not a mask but a print) is an orange face with a little of black on it. I don't like the printed eye either.

Torso - I hate this print, I think that his suit should be more of a combat-armoured suit than a sniper suit. I hate that "bullet belt", the light blue also doesn't help. His suit should be really detailed, and this one is plain. I also think he is one of the characters that desperately needs arm printing, that's why I need him in CMF.

Legs - those are also awful. It's nice that they have dual-molding, but it should be either the orange "underpants" (which do not work with the torso, and Deathstroke as a character) or orange "boots" (which I think stand out too much. Lack of leg printing is also disappointing.

350?cb=20091020035500

Mattel-DC-Universe-Classics-Series-3-Gru220px-Deathstroke-DC-Comics.jpg

I'll accept your criticism of the head (and maybe the arms), and nothing else. For the variant they were going for, they really almost nailed it.

Edited by ood0

53 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I'll accept your criticism of the head (and maybe the arms), and nothing else. For the variant they were going for, they really almost nailed it.

It may be accurate to the sourcematerial but that doesn't keep it from looking bad

A Deathstroke if only to get Slade’s head under the helmet. If there was a decent way of replicating his buccaneer boots I would be even happier.

edit: and a better, more suited sword, like a beefier   Excalibat.

Edited by RedHoodPug
Words

Wow, so many leaks!

90s Aquaman is superb, and Mister Miracle has great printing. I'm not bothered by the reuse of Aquaman's head and hairpieces, because it fits well to this version.

The lack of new mold for WW hairpiece is disappointing, however. As is a character with plain lack legs in a CMF (Bumblebee). If she doesn't require leg printing, she is then suitable for a regular set, not the CMF. I like Golden Age Cheetah, because she is in Alex Ross DC villains poster, together with the Sinestro we will get.

On the Deathstroke discussion, I think Lego would give him the ANAD Iron Man helmet in orange, with dark blue printing on one side. I would like to see his rebirth look.

For the 4 spots left, my guesses (some obvious) are First appearance Superman, Flash Jay Garrick, Super Friends Lex and New 52 Black Adam

That Aquaman looks really good, aside from the head, though. I know beard accuracy isn't really a priority, but isn't this version of Aquaman's rather bigger?

Not at all  interested in Cheetah, Bumblebee and Mr. Miracle. They look great though :thumbup: 

Batman & Wonder Woman are also both very impressive.

Hopefully we'll still get Doctor Fate, like someone suggested earlier. Though Big Barda also seems a plausible guess, indeed to pair with Mr. Miracle.
Jay Garrick Flash is something I'd also like, if it happens. Especially with the helmet :classic:

Regards,
Mitch

I’m going to dare to say we won’t be getting flash and Superman. I would think we will get 2 more new heroes and 2 more villains (either variants or new). That would make collective groups of 4. Superman has no specific presence in non comics dc media at the moment where the others do so I could see him being left out. His original appearance also isn’t as compellingly different like the others’ . 

6 hours ago, ood0 said:

I agree the the minifgure looks close to source material, but number 1 - the suit choice is bad and number 2 - it looks bad as a minifgure. Even if it does a great job at resembling the source material, it doesn't affect the fact that it looks really bad in a minifgure form.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I agree the the minifgure looks close to source material, but number 1 - the suit choice is bad and number 2 - it looks bad as a minifgure. Even if it does a great job at resembling the source material, it doesn't affect the fact that it looks really bad in a minifgure form.

I wouldn't call it a bad choice, considering that's what Deathstroke had worn for decades. The only other choice at the time would have been the New 52 one, considering the more armoured ones you might be accustomed to all debuted outside the comics

Are we sure that 89 Batman comes with the Batmobile D2C?

Because it doesn't look like he fits in the cockpit

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

Are we sure that 89 Batman comes with the D2C?

Because it doesn't look like he fits 

He does come from the D2C. We have no images of the actual set yet. 

The images we have seen are from a different, limited edition set. 

Just now, Robert8 said:

Are we sure that 89 Batman comes with the D2C?

Because it doesn't look like he fits 

What do you mean?

Just now, nikhkin said:

He does come from the D2C. We have no images of the actual set yet. 

The images we have seen are from a different, limited edition set. 

Which is probably a GWP. A generous one too.

Can someone give us the names of the last 4 please?

HD pictures of Batman 89 and a few of the CMF figures are up. Absolutely love the new cowl mold.

Edited by RadioYeh

I keep checking Instagram 

is it unrealistic to assume that the final four will be posted at any time?

Becoming a bit obsessed with this 

and it’s taking the fun of the reveal away

18 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Are we sure that 89 Batman comes with the Batmobile D2C?

Because it doesn't look like he fits in the cockpit

We haven't seen the D2C yet, how do you know if he fits in the cockpit?

Also, you may be referring to the GWP set that leaked earlier, which is not the D2C - you will probably get it for free if you purchase the D2C.

If the Tumbler is anything to go by, the Keaton minifigure may not be designed to go in the cockpit anyway, so much as just be a display piece for the stand/plaque.

50 minutes ago, scottypavarotti said:

If the Tumbler is anything to go by, the Keaton minifigure may not be designed to go in the cockpit anyway, so much as just be a display piece for the stand/plaque.

Plus the D2C is always bigger than minifigure scale. So the cockpit is too big for the minifigure anyway.

1 hour ago, thatblockoguy said:

I keep checking Instagram 

is it unrealistic to assume that the final four will be posted at any time?

Becoming a bit obsessed with this 

and it’s taking the fun of the reveal away

Same here.

That happy face for Wonder Woman is absolutely perfect. Same goes for Bumblebee, and I couldn't tell from the original pics, but there is some subtle detail for her body shape under her stripes, so she definitely looks a lot less "simple" than I first thought. I like her 'fig more every time I see it.

Cheetah's spots still look a little iffy, almost as if they had been printed on by a customizer instead of actual printing through TLG. I hope that changes when I see official images.

Cyborg is still just so perfect. He's exactly as '80s as he should be. I never thought we'd get an original look Cyborg, and I'm so pumped. He might be my favorite in the entire bunch.

I like Cheetah a lot, and Bumblebee’s new hair mold is great. Miracle looks pretty nice but I don’t care about Aquaman at all. The new hand piece is cool I guess and the legs and torso are nice but I just don’t care about getting yet another Aquaman figure. If all the figures really do come with trans clear pieces to pose them that’s a very nice inclusion and a great idea!

Anybody seen what seems to be Nicholson’s Joker?  

It looks real!  And nice!

Edited by Mat099