Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

A first appearance Superman is extremely likely at this point, but I'd doubt we'd see a first appearance Joker or Lex Luthor, as Joker's design wasn't anything special or too different from his previous figures, and Lex is just a ginger guy in a suit.

But if we're on the lines of first appearances, how about a first appearance Flash?

Maybe not first appearance Lex, but perhaps the version seen in the Forty Cakes dictionary extract

1 minute ago, Duncan Young said:

Maybe not first appearance Lex, but perhaps the version seen in the Forty Cakes dictionary extract

And that’s terrible.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nothing on IG yet... Can you tell as what pieces they use, including accessories? :sweet: Thanks

I wasn't very specific - they are disappointing choices. I think there are so many DC characters that deserve to be minifgures, and yet Lego chooses classic Cheetah design nobody has ever asked for.

I don't know why some keep saying no one wants a first appearance Superman. I for one wanted it before this series was even announced. Heck, why would people pay >$100 for Christo's version if there wasn't a market for it? Furthermore people are happy about the first appearance Batman, so it's far fetched to claim nobody would want Supes...

18 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I don't know why some keep saying no one wants a first appearance Superman. I for one wanted it before this series was even announced. Heck, why would people pay >$100 for Christo's version if there wasn't a market for it? Furthermore people are happy about the first appearance Batman, so it's far fetched to claim nobody would want Supes...

I never would have said first appearance Superman or Wonder Woman would've been figures I've wanted, but I'd love to display all 3 classic Trinity together

We're getting a new Cheetah? That's awesome. I've been out of the loop for a while but I'll always get new Wonder Woman-related stuff.

I'd love it if it really was her classic design; we already have her more modern look, plus we'll likely get her DCEU version next year. And I loves me some 40's Wonder Woman.

Honestly it’s pretty disappointing that most of the characters are gonna be different versions of characters we already have. The last six better blow my expectations out of the water at this point because as of now I have little to no excitement for really any of the things we’re getting. Like they’re fine, but they could have made way better choices that are more unique and interesting.

Priscilla is a nice choice! Barbara need some spots so mixing will be great. 

We also have to remember there are dc sets coming out next year and for several years after so Lego doesn't want to exhaust all possible new characters in a CMF. As much as I really want more villains in the CMF, they are easier to shoehorn into sets than heroes. Batman seems to be required for every set, and the other hero will most likely coincide with the set's villain, thus limiting possibilities.

These are all awesome so far, and for the most part just what I was hoping for from this series. Seems clear they’re testing the water for further series by being quite specific with variants. 

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

But if we're on the lines of first appearances, how about a first appearance Flash?

I would buy 10 of those

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I would think first appearance flash, Superman, joker, and lex Luther are all likely 

Are you hinting or speculating?

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I would think first appearance flash, Superman, joker, and lex Luther are all likely 

I think Joker, Superman, and lex will be, but I think that will be it. It'll leave us with 8 first appearance variants and 8 new characters.

Just now, IRISHCLOWN said:

I think Joker, Superman, and lex will be, but I think that will be it. It'll leave us with 8 first appearance variants and 8 new characters.

At first I thought "no way will they do Joker, he's far to similar to the modern version", but then I remembered how much creepier he was, with his sunken eyes and warped features. If Lego adapts that, we could have a really great variant.Batman+1.JPGBatman+3.JPG

I'd hope that they would do Zod/Venkman/the 12th Doctor's hair in green too, just to give the figure a little something special to make it stand out more.

I'd would think first appearance Robin is more like than Joker

Is that blue Siniestro his first appearance? Because if so, then first appearance Green Lantern is also likely

Just now, Robert8 said:

I'd would think first appearance Robin is more like than Joker

Is that blue Siniestro his first appearance? Because if so, then first appearance Green Lantern is also likely

I think they opted to do Cyborg over GL because the First Appearance of Hal Jordan (who would match sinestro) is much too similar to the version of him we already have(with a slight torso alteration and a green waist piece)

Plus we already have a GL this series, I doubt we'd get two.

Personally I am really disappointed with what we have seen so far. The only figure that I really like is the first appearance Batman but the rest all look mediocre to me. Huntress had the potential to be great but not giving her a molded mask and giving her a stupid purple belt really hurt the figure in my opinion. I also find the quality of the prints pretty poor, Lego has always had problems with printing flesh tones but in my opinion it is very evident on Stargirl and Wonder Woman and the white on the torso of Metamorpho is also way too thin. I'm hoping that the final figures have better quality prints but I'm not too optimistic.

Maybe I simply expected too much from this series based on the amazing video game designs and the fact that there are so many unique options that they could have made.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Essentially. We didn’t know the design of his power ring until much later, but it’s a good opportunity to create a new print. I would love Alan Scott, but I think that’s ambitious at this stage. I never thought when we were wish listing a while ago that we would actually see Golden Age characters. Bring on the JSA!

So the first appearance Wonders is the first disappointment for me. Besides it all but destroying any chances of getting a Kingdom Come Superman. :cry3: It also just looks terrible!

- The flesh tone on her torso is so bad. For the most part CMF minifigs have until now been immune to the decreasing quality in opacity. But this is bad bad.
- The skirt is way too oversized and looks silly and jarring.
- Using the same old hair piece they've been using for almost 8 years is needlessly cheap!

This has made me wonder though. Are all the minifigs revealed so far, based on their first appearances? 

57 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

This has made me wonder though. Are all the minifigs revealed so far, based on their first appearances? 

Hey, maybe you just found the thing that connects all these figures.... Batman, Wonder Woman, Sinestro, Cyborg, Metamorpho, Simon Baz and Stargil are indeed all based on the first incarnation of those characters. Huntress is however based on her New 52 look so it isn't exactly her first appearance unless ofcourse you consider the New 52 Reboot as a complete restart of the DC universe making it a first appearance from a certain point of view.

You know what, I now want a first appearance Ocean Master... that would be nice.

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

46 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

So the first appearance Wonders is the first disappointment for me. Besides it all but destroying any chances of getting a Kingdom Come Superman. :cry3: It also just looks terrible!

- The flesh tone on her torso is so bad. For the most part CMF minifigs have until now been immune to the decreasing quality in opacity. But this is bad bad.
- The skirt is way too oversized and looks silly and jarring.
- Using the same old hair piece they've been using for almost 8 years is needlessly cheap!

Cyborg, Batman, WW, Sinestro, Potentially Cheetah and Bumblebee and Simon Baz are all based on their debut outfits to the best of my knowledge, while Stargirl and Metamorpho have had a pretty consistent look throughout their history. The outlier is Huntress, who is seemingly based on her look torwards the end of Pre-Flashpoint DC, and early New 52.