Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, in hypothetical relation to next year's CMS, has anyone here yet seen this?

Screen Rant - See Brandon Routh's Superman In First Image From Crisis on Infinite Earths

Just come on here to suggest the possibility of a Kingdom Come Supes minifig after seeing the first official pics of Brandon Routh's return to the cape! :grin:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, in hypothetical relation to next year's CMS, has anyone here yet seen this?

Screen Rant - See Brandon Routh's Superman In First Image From Crisis on Infinite Earths

Yup, Brandon Routh is reprising his role from Superman Returns and will play the Kingdom Come version of Superman in the crossover

I'd honestly much rather prefer a Kingdom Come set like the one Alex Ross tried to have made. If we got a Jay Garrick in this CMF it'd set it up perfectly for us getting that set. Just hopeful thinking though.

7 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Probably the Keaton Batwing.

The Batmobile is likely intended to be a companion piece to the D2C

Maybe with a batcave section. 

I'm thinking a similar design to the 66 d2c or the Jurassic park d2c.

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

That’s a smart set. Now to find out how to get it. It says Limited Edition, is it going to be near impossible to get like the Bat-pod?

The mini avengers tour was limited edition right?

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

Maybe with a batcave section. 

I'm thinking a similar design to the 66 d2c or the Jurassic park d2c.

I was hoping for something like that, but isn't the D2C known as a Bat-vehicle?

Also, really glad to see that we're getting a Yellow Lantern mould alongside a Green Lantern in the CMF. As much as it'd be better if we had a regular outfit for Sinestro to make more Yellow Lanterns, this is going to be GREAT for a̶r̶m̶y̶.. or I mean Corps building.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

Just now, RadioYeh said:

I was hoping for something like that, but isn't the D2C known as a Bat-vehicle?

It is but....

3000 pieces seems to much for a model alone. 

The tumbler was under 2000 pieces right?

Time will tell what we get!

It's coming closer. Lego Twitter 2 weeks in a row now tweeting Lego Batman 80 years.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well that one looks great

But it says limited edition so it's got to be an exclusive somehow, right?

The set number does begin with 404 so maybe.

Maybe this GWP supports the theory that this will be a collection of Batvehicles rather than a singular one. They might have made this one because they had to omit it from the set. Personally I hate the Giant Scale D2C's. I'd much rather they do a fun minifig scale vehicle like the Joker's float or maybe a DKR Bat-Tank.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Or, maybe it's a NYCC exclusive? Lego's attending NYCC this year, right? :shrug_confused:

Let's hope you're not right, although given it's size - 29cm, longer than 76119 - that's a possibility. But if it's really a GWP as the set's number implies - holy WOW, that's a thing of beauty! Definitely a must have

8 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Maybe this GWP supports the theory that this will be a collection of Batvehicles rather than a singular one. They might have made this one because they had to omit it from the set. Personally I hate the Giant Scale D2C's. I'd much rather they do a fun minifig scale vehicle like the Joker's float or maybe a DKR Bat-Tank.

I tought that, and considering this is the same size/scale as the 76119 maybe the idea is to add them these two to the D2C. On the other hand, I think it would be weird/not a good idea to skip the 1989 Batmobile in a collection of Batmobiles, when it's probably the favourite one for most of the people.

I think it will be a giant scale 1989 Batmobile.

What do you guys think the price range will be for this Batmobile IF it is released to the public, and not a NYCC exclusive?

59 minutes ago, RadioYeh said:

What do you guys think the price range will be for this Batmobile IF it is released to the public, and not a NYCC exclusive?

You mean the threshold you have to pass on s@h or in a LEGO store? Judging by the set number, this is a GWP and thus doesn‘t have a price tag :wink: Unless you mean on the aftermarket, which can be quite unpredictable...

1 hour ago, RadioYeh said:

You will not be able to buy this, you will most likely have to spend a certain amount of money on DC sets to get it for free. Considering this is pretty large the threshold will probably be around 75-100$

New Batman minifigure has leaked and it is amazing! Its the 1989 Batsuit with costum molded cowl and chestpiece. Not sure if it will be with this new exclusive Batmobile or with the UCS Batmobile that will come out in December. Personally I'm going with the latter since there is no mention of a minifigure on the box of the exclusive one.

8 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

New Batman minifigure has leaked and it is amazing! Its the 1989 Batsuit with costum molded cowl and chestpiece. Not sure if it will be with this new exclusive Batmobile or with the UCS Batmobile that will come out in December. Personally I'm going with the latter since there is no mention of a minifigure on the box of the exclusive one.

Probably the UCS, otherwise they would've shown the figure on the box of the GWP. And they wouldn't create a brand new mold just for a GWP

The 89 Batmobile looks awesome! Hopefully it will be released to the general public, but even if it isn't the parts are common enough that it will be easy to Bricklink once the instructions are out. Batman's new cape/cowl combo looks absolutely amazing! By far the best version of the black batsuit yet!

46 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Um, wow, does does look pretty sweet... *huh* ...but, did this variant really need a new cowl & chestpiece mold? Plus, why does the cape look seamlessly attached to the chestpiece? Is the cape solid plastic? :def_shrug:

14 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I'd honestly much rather prefer a Kingdom Come set like the one Alex Ross tried to have made. If we got a Jay Garrick in this CMF it'd set it up perfectly for us getting that set. Just hopeful thinking though.

I'd imagine a Kingdom Come Superman CMF would definitely be based upon his comic appearance rather than Routh's Arrowverse incarnation. While the kinda Superman variant I'd like to see from the CMS would be a Golden Age/Darwyn Cooke incarnation, I'd happily settle for Alex Ross's Kingdom Come take on Supes, as either one would likely give us the classic Superman hairpiece with white sideburns. Plus, Fisher Price's Imaginext had a Kingdom Come Superman figure of their own, so there's already a precedent for such.

bb2.jpg

Guess I’ll be the one who asks the standard question for when something looks this amazingly awesome: ...we’re sure it’s not a fake, right? 

Because Michael Keaton / Tim Burton Batman? OH YEAH! This will go verrry nicely with the LEGO Batman Movie Penguin who seemed to have come straight out of Batman Returns. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

Guess I’ll be the one who asks the standard question for when something looks this amazingly awesome: ...we’re sure it’s not a fake, right? 

As of this moment we don't know wether this is real or fake, so I'd take it with a grain of salt for now. I just don't see why lego would make a new cowlmold for Batman, let alone one with a plastic cape attached to it

Edited by Guyon2002

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I just don't see why lego would make a new cowlmold for Batman, let alone one with a plastic cape attached to it

I'm likewise scratching my head over that too, as the "chestpiece" could've easily been printed. It wasn't that bulky. :def_shrug:

16 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm likewise scratching my head over that too, as the "chestpiece" could've easily been printed. It wasn't that bulky. :def_shrug:

While not super bulky it is pretty clearly detached from the body as seen in this shot; personally I am very happy with the decision they made to make a custom molded chest/piece cape.

efb443f6af43ea40-600x338.jpg

14 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

While not super bulky it is pretty clearly detached from the body as seen in this shot; personally I am very happy with the decision they made to make a custom molded chest/piece cape.

Well, I just hope this mold isn't just a one-time thing... :sceptic: