Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

As a major DC fan, I love what I see here. Sinestro's classic blue is one of the variants for a preexisting 'fig that I've always been okay with (it's typically shown as his "normal clothes" when his yellow construct suit goes away, nowadays), and all of the new figures feel desirable but less likely to have appeared in sets otherwise. That Metamorpho is downright perfect!

I was just thinking a week or two ago that I would like to see a Sinestro minifig in his original suit, so to have that thought materialize like this so soon makes me pretty happy. Metamorpho and Stargirl are also ones I've fantasized about. As a long, long time DC fan, this set is shaping up to most likely be my favorite CMF set so far.

Edited by Minifigleaf

I’m hoping Doctor Fate, Booster Gold, Zatanna, correct mask Hawgirl and Red Tornado make the cut. I’m also really hoping that the “variants” are just the crime syndicate versions of the justice league because that would be incredible.

It seems like it be an even cheaper series for me than Harry Potter... ^^'

Don't know any of them besides Sinestro from the DC-Comics-Special of Robot Chicken. At best i'll get one of these lantern pieces from bricklink to upgrade my tbbt- livingroom.

I hope there will be a mad Hatter and Hush :/

Is it too much to hope for that we’ll see a character or two from Young Justice? I’d love to get Halo or - oh! Above all else, I really hope we see Terra!

I'm really interested to see how these will sell, but I fear for a Batman Movie S2 scenario. 

DC doesn't have the same appeal as Marvel characters, the ones we've seen probably aren't even known by the general public making them just random characters and imo they're even too obscure for regular Lego/DC/Superheroes fans. Maybe the other characters are somewhat more well known and this argument doesn't make sense, but I don't have high hopes. If they give us variants than I hope it are anticipated ones.

1 hour ago, Hoth Rebel said:

I'm really interested to see how these will sell, but I fear for a Batman Movie S2 scenario. 

DC doesn't have the same appeal as Marvel characters, the ones we've seen probably aren't even known by the general public making them just random characters and imo they're even too obscure for regular Lego/DC/Superheroes fans. Maybe the other characters are somewhat more well known and this argument doesn't make sense, but I don't have high hopes. If they give us variants than I hope it are anticipated ones.

ur being a negative nancy my guy! most comic fans will be familiar with these characters, one of them is even getting her own live action series. If they stick to the regulars thatd be pointless IMO. i know the lego batman theme is technically different, but it's still DC, and if they sold as badly as you make out, why would they bother with this? I think most of the CMF lines, Harry Potter, Ninjago and TLB have had an even split of niche, variant and popular characters, and I'm sure the same will happen here. We've only seen 4 out of what 16 or 20 possible figs?

As a massive DC fan, I am super excited about this series! The Stargirl and Metamorpho minifigs look brilliant. I can take or leave Simon Baz, as I'm not overly keen on the character. But I'll probably pick up a couple of him anyway, just to kit out my existing GL's with those sweet new accessories. Sinestro is fine but feels like a bit of a wasted spot, since we've already had the character before.

Personally, I'd love to see Huntress, Doctor Fate, Zatanna and Booster Gold minifigures in this series!

This is an interesting move by LEGO though. Typically outside the main trinity, DC characters aren't viewed as being as popular as Marvel characters with the general public. Thanks mainly to the X-Men movies and MCU. That being said DC has been very successful on the small screen and the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths is sure to make a big impact, right around the time this series will be released. Coincidence...? 

Sinestro is probably only in the series to make use of Simon's new Lantern mould, and I'm absolutely ok with that. It's a stellar fig, and is the costume he's worn far longer than the yellow suit. 

The rest are also wonderful :)

3 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I

Don't know any of them besides Sinestro from the DC-Comics-Special of Robot Chicken. At best i'll get one of these lantern pieces from bricklink to upgrade my tbbt- livingroom.

I hope there will be a mad Hatter and Hush :/

Same... in terms of quality they look good but I dont know who they are besides Siniestro

What is Stargirl holding?

Haammmmmm girl! These figs are great! I'm personally hoping for the long-desired Raven figure so we can finally have a full set of Titans!

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Same... in terms of quality they look good but I dont know who they are besides Siniestro

What is Stargirl holding?

Her cosmic rod, which is the source of her powers

"Probably worth a Google" :tongue:

Just now, CoolDudeRadman said:

Are the images of the figures up already? I’ve only seen comic images of the characters who will be in the series.

They are! Just check the usual places and you should be able to see them 

I have to say I’m disappointed that they didn’t take the opportunity to give Sinestro pointy ears, the figure isn’t really worth it if you have the other one without that change. Simon Baz looks okay, I think they could have done a better job on his mask design to make it look less drawn on. Stargirl looks good, the printing on her torso and legs reminds me of the original Wonder Woman printing and how it doesn’t really print the skin super well. Metamorpho looks good but kind of a wasted spot if you ask me, same with Sinestro, they should have done Larfleeze or Star Sapphire.

Also, approximately how long until we either get a full list of characters or official images?

I'm not a huge Legion of the Super Heroes fan, but for some reason it bothers me to have Lightning Lad and not Saturn Girl

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Is it too much to hope for that we’ll see a character or two from Young Justice? I’d love to get Halo or - oh! Above all else, I really hope we see Terra!

I'd say chances are fairly high we'll get one of those characters, but they would definetely be based off their comicbook looks and not their YJ looks

I’m happy with the figures we are getting so far. Besides sinestro, that figure is just trash why do we need an original blue suited one? Lego should have just gave us a purple lantern sinestro that would be awesome. Otherwise the Simon baz is amazing with the new pieces. Star girl is a amazing character from the comics, her new 52 run was written pretty well. And I can’t lie I was not expecting metaphoro but he’s looks so obscure that he looks fun to have, and quite rare. I actually have some project were he may be able to fit pretty well into.

Just now, JosiahJVL said:

I’m happy with the figures we are getting so far. Besides sinestro, that figure is just trash why do we need an original blue suited one? Lego should have just gave us a purple lantern sinestro that would be awesome. Otherwise the Simon baz is amazing with the new pieces. Star girl is a amazing character from the comics, her new 52 run was written pretty well. And I can’t lie I was not expecting metaphoro but he’s looks so obscure that he looks fun to have, and quite rare. I actually have some project were he may be able to fit pretty well into.

Sinestro's new fig is nearly perfect for his current comic look as an Ultra Violet Lantern in Lex's Legion. Plus, his accessories will probably be the same as Simon's- a ring print and a Lantern

Are we aloud to Wishlist on this forum in regards to the upcoming CMF series? I can remove this post if so. I'd like to see a really nice new variant for Superman (he hasn't had a proper revamp in the mainline sets), really want Zatanna, Red Robin, a proper comic book Alfred, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Superboy (Jonathan Kent), some of the New Gods (Mister Miracle, Big Barda, and Orion).