Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Except for Sinestro, I haven't even heard about this lot... :laugh:

Still, I love that we are getting figures other than the usual suspects - might be a cool series after all.

When I said obscure I meant like there will be characters that are not people’s first thought to put in a series like this. Like while a pretty good choice in my opinion Sinestro in his blue suit wouldn’t be in my first or second draft of the series 

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

When I said obscure I meant like there will be characters that are not people’s first thought to put in a series like this. Like while a pretty good choice in my opinion Sinestro in his blue suit wouldn’t be in my first or second draft of the series 

So you're saying there won't be any well know characters in this series, like variants of Batman/Superman/WW/Flash ?

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So far this is obscure in a pretty good way, at least for me.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Ah, just yanking your chain, my man. To be honest this series is best case scenario for me because DC and Lego have always been in my life, and childhood me would have been so happy to see this come to fruition. True, OG/blue Sinestro wasn’t on any of my lists, but I’m still happy to see it. With him and Metamorpho, and SG and Baz it’s looking like a good mix of old and new.

Should have said I’m grateful for the info, especially at this early stage, thank you.

I only know who Stargirl and Sinestro are but this looks/sounds really great. This definetely gets me more hyped for this series. 

2 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Yes on instagram. Search for #legoleaks.

Figures look good, not any I am particularly interested in though but atleast we know the designs will look great. Hopefully we'll get a Green Arrow, Merlyn or Black Canary figure.

We already got Black Canary in the second TLBM CMF Series

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Obscure characters? We better get Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man as well!

Never heard of him but his design looks so weird it's awesome!

I've been out of comics for a while so I have no idea who that Green Lantern character is. and being a traditionalist, I don't like when the Earth Green Lanterns get drawn in different uniforms than the rest of the corp.

This figure in particular just looks like a rehash of Millar's Kick-a$$ character.

Edit: I must have just triggered eurobricks auto-correct with this post, pretty funny as I've never had that happen. It might backfire as it immediately make me want to try other words.

Edited by Gomek

Am I going mad or did we get Simon baz before?

EDIT: it appears I am going mad, I just checked and no, I was thinking of DC Villains

Edited by DeCommander96

1 minute ago, DeCommander96 said:

Am I going mad or did we get Simon baz before?

I believe we've only gotten Hal Jordan, John Stewart and Jessica Cruz.

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

I meant it as 2 new characters and 1 old character (Sinestro). Sorry if I didn’t make that clear enough

Are all the figures in this series comic based? Any chance we might get some movie or TV show figs in there? Also I would love to have some evil Batmen from Dark Nights Metal

3 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I meant it as 2 new characters and 1 old character (Sinestro). Sorry if I didn’t make that clear enough

Are all the figures in this series comic based? Any chance we might get some movie or TV show figs in there? Also I would love to have some evil Batmen from Dark Nights Metal

Now that you mention it, as much as I hate batman variants, and as unlikely as it is, I would love to see The Bat Man Who Laughs in this series

8 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Well this doesn't sound too bad, as long as "obscure characters/variants" aren't either Golden Age villains that have only appeared once in a comic, or variants that aren't stupid inclusions like beach wear.

Hopefully Mad Hatter or the Ventriloquist fall under the obscure category and Batman Beyond under the variant.

2 hours ago, Gomek said:

Anyways, I'm a lot more excited about 1st Metamorpho then a 7th Harley Quinn.

I know I'm a little late to the party, but this. SO much this, especially Gomek's point. As someone who's sick of Batman for various reasons, my biggest worry had been this wave would be 50 - 75% Batman related which would make this a big turn off for me and potentially wasted potential. The fact we're getting OG Sinestro, another GL (even if it's not Kyle Rayner) with some excellent parts I can extras of to give to the ones I do have and Metamorpho are all massive pluses in my books. Heck, I know next to nothing about Star Girl but will definitely get her. I'm very keen to see how the rest of this wave pans out.

2 hours ago, Gomek said:

I've been out of comics for a while so I have no idea who that Green Lantern character is. and being a traditionalist, I don't like when the Earth Green Lanterns get drawn in different uniforms than the rest of the corp.

Baz has been around since 2012. He’s a Lebanese-American Muslim. The mask is because he was a wanted man when he got Sinestro’s ring. In defence of his uniform, Guy Gardner has had his iconic look for longer than he had his traditional one. I’d rather they showed a bit of personality in their uniform, seeing as they are ring constructs. That and it must have been boring as hell to basically keep drawing the same torso with different heads. And it keeps them identifiable in big battle sequences.

1 minute ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

Did you guys see stargirl 

Yup, legs are a bit lackluster, but the arms torso and head are all aces

I was excited already, but the leaked figures have multiplied that excitement by 100. I'm especially glad to see Simon be part of the series, so he can go with Jessica in the collection. I do hope the series is a good mix of modern and classic stuff.

8 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

What character? Source?

In Ashnflash's new video, he States he was told of another character though he can't say who. He did say that they were on his prediction list.

1 hour ago, IRISHCLOWN said:

In Ashnflash's new video, he States he was told of another character though he can't say who. He did say that they were on his prediction list.

I'm willing to bet that it's Doctor Fate.

Edited by MisterBatfleck