Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Well this doesn't sound too bad, as long as "obscure characters/variants" aren't either Golden Age villains that have only appeared once in a comic, or variants that aren't stupid inclusions like beach wear.

Hopefully Mad Hatter or the Ventriloquist fall under the obscure category and Batman Beyond under the variant.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

This could potentially be really cool or really bad, but we don't really know what 'obscure' means here. Some of the really obscure characters from the 2 TLBM CMFs are now known by more people because of all the non-comic DC Media like TV-shows, games etc.

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Simon Baz, Metamorpho, and Stargirl plus a blue sinestro are all coming in the cmf

Where did star girl come from? 

Simon Baz, Blue Sinestro and Metamorpho all leaked (check wholesale_minifigures on insta, or just legoleaks).

Simon Baz looks really great and has incredible Green Lantern themed accessories.

I didn't even know Blue Sinestro existed in the first place, but the minifigure looks really accurate. I hope he will have some decent accessories.

Metamorpho looks very good, I especially love the legs.

The minifigures are amazing and detailed, but.... these are the characters no one has ever wanted, there are many iconic DC characters or variants who deserve much more to be minifigure than four unknown characters (or their variants). I hope the rest will be more... recognisable.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The minifigures are amazing and detailed, but.... these are the characters no one has ever wanted, there are many iconic DC characters or variants who deserve much more to be minifigure than four unknown characters (or their variants). I hope the rest will be more... recognisable.

I very much disagree. Currently Metamorpho is apart of the Terrifics, one of DC's current comic lines. Stargirl is getting her own TV show on the DC streaming service. Simon is a a lantern variant, and with only two other options to pick from, they went with the most interesting design. Sinsertro is a fig that depicts his current comic outfit and is a welcome addition.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I didn't even know Blue Sinestro existed in the first place, but the minifigure looks really accurate. I hope he will have some decent accessories.

Blue Sinestro = Challenge of the Superfriends Sinestro

Stargirl is the only one of these four characters I knew about before this leak, but the leaked figures look great! I’m very surprised three figures have leaked months before the CMF releases, though. 

Just now, IRISHCLOWN said:

Sinsertro is a fig that depicts his current comic outfit and is a welcome addition.

And his original outfit. The rest of the line must be pretty rubbish if I’m going to be disappointed with it. I’m happy with the current news.  Three new faces, a variant and an actual lantern. 

I think these look great! Two characters that we have never gotten before! I never had the chance to get that Sinestro set so I appreciate the second chance here.

Just now, HarryVader said:

I think these look great! Two characters that we have never gotten before! I never had the chance to get that Sinestro set so I appreciate the second chance here.

Just now, scottypavarotti said:

Are there photos online?

Yes on instagram. Search for #legoleaks.

Figures look good, not any I am particularly interested in though but atleast we know the designs will look great. Hopefully we'll get a Green Arrow, Merlyn or Black Canary figure.

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

5 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Yes on instagram. Search for #legoleaks.

Figures look good, not any I am particularly interested in though but atleast we know the designs will look great. Hopefully we'll get a Green Arrow, Merlyn or Black Canary figure.

Got it.  Metamorpho is pretty rad.

Well that was faster than I expected. I didn't expect to get actual leaked pictures of the figures until October.

They all look fantastic. Simon is going to be a great compliment to the Jessica Cruz minifigure from last year, but the best part hands down has to be his accessories. The new lantern Power Battery mould is a great step up from the brick built one (it better come in other colors in the future), and we're FINALLY getting that translucent accessory holder in green with a printed lantern logo tile. Now I can finally stop using a green stud as a replacement ring.

Sinestro in his classic suit is a surprise, though it makes sense since we already got the Sinestro Corps version so it was either this version of him or when he was a Green Lantern that were left. I'm holding out hope that he comes with a yellow Power Battery as an accessory or at least a yellow power ring. Metamorpho is looking good as well, that translucent leg being the standout piece.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:26 PM, ApocSlay said:

My wife went through our accounts yesterday and realised how much I spent on Lego this year - so I won't be getting it either :cry_sad:

You have to learn how to use cash and eliminate the paper trail.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Only three minifigures leaked, the fourth one (Starigirl) hasn't leaked yet.

I know but star girl hasn’t been made in minifigure before.

Obscure characters? We better get Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man as well!

Obscure is relative. Personally I wouldn't count any character with their own ongoing comic book series as obscure, let alone TV series or Movie. Yet I'm sure a lot of people would consider anyone outside of the original Justice League "Obscure". Anyways, I'm a lot more excited about 1st Metamorpho then a 7th Harley Quinn.

I'm not that big of a DC fan and I'd heard of all of these characters/variants so it's looking like this series will be right level of obscure for me. (between might as well as have been in sets and who? )