Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Re-releasing the black suit Superman from SDCC would be PERFECT. And I mean the exact same minifigure. 

That would show that TLG listen to the fans regarding those exclusives. And also would hit hard the scalpers.

Heck, can you imagine if they re-release all the SDCC exclusives in this CMF wave???

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Heck, can you imagine if they re-release all the SDCC exclusives in this CMF wave???

It will be a dream come true, but not gonna happen, because there will be a lof of angry people who spent fortunes to get the exclusives :) 

Edited by Stormfury

It won’t happen of course, but there are far more people angry about not having a chance to get the SDCC figures than people who actually managed to get them. :wink:

See, I'd rather not have the same SDCC comic con figs (well except Zurr En Arrh Batman, who looks lovely) show up in the CMF, because I'm not really a fan of the CW designs most of them are based on. However, if they put comic versions of Ray Palmer, Roy Harper, Vixen and Black Lightning in the series I'd be very happy. And an updated Bizarro with boots of course

8 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

...Roy Harper, Vixen and Black Lightning in the series...

We kinda already got a comic Black Lightning in the Lego Batman CMF wave 2. Seeing as Black Vulcan was essentially a clone of Black lightning made for the Super-friends show. If you remove the helmet you have a pretty spot on black lightning.

3 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

We kinda already got a comic Black Lightning in the Lego Batman CMF wave 2. Seeing as Black Vulcan was essentially a clone of Black lightning made for the Super-friends show. If you remove the helmet you have a pretty spot on black lightning.

I know (it's actually the first thing I did when I got that fig) but I just mean that if there's an option, I'll go with comic figs every time 

5 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Well you have a spot on head for Black Lightning out of Black Vulcan, but I'm sure people would appreciate getting an actual version of his costume

latest?cb=20081022140029

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well you have a spot on head for Black Lightning out of Black Vulcan, but I'm sure people would appreciate getting an actual version of his costume

I'd love to get an updated version. I'd love to see an updated costume. It might be likely because of the character's gained relevance after the CW show, but I'd expect them to put him into a set as a selling point if anything.

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

See, I'd rather not have the same SDCC comic con figs (well except Zurr En Arrh Batman, who looks lovely) show up in the CMF, because I'm not really a fan of the CW designs most of them are based on. However, if they put comic versions of Ray Palmer, Roy Harper, Vixen and Black Lightning in the series I'd be very happy. And an updated Bizarro with boots of course

Comics versions of those guys, Bizarro, Zurr-en-Arrh and frankly any of the novelty Batsuits of the Silver Age, like the Zebra suit that we mere mortals can’t get. The more I wait the more figs I would like to see. I’m going to be insufferable until then. My poor wife. 

2 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

It won’t happen of course, but there are far more people angry about not having a chance to get the SDCC figures than people who actually managed to get them. :wink:

You’re so right.

27 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Comics versions of those guys, Bizarro, Zurr-en-Arrh and frankly any of the novelty Batsuits of the Silver Age, like the Zebra suit that we mere mortals can’t get. The more I wait the more figs I would like to see. I’m going to be insufferable until then. My poor wife. 

Same, I have a whole list of bat suits I want (see my post in the DC wish list thread if anybody hasn’t already).

I’d say one of my biggest disappointments with LEGO DC is that the mighty micros has both Bizarro and Doomsday and besides from the SDCC Bizarro we haven’t seen a true comic version in a regular set of either.

9 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I'd prefer CW designs over anything else right now. At least at this moment the CW is mostly what's keeping me interested in DC

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd prefer CW designs over anything else right now. At least at this moment the CW is mostly what's keeping me interested in DC

Personally I'll always want comic figs from the source, not from their many adaptations. They just look much more authentic than the attempts at realism of CW and MCU figs

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Personally I'll always want comic figs from the source, not from their many adaptations. They just look much more authentic than the attempts at realism of CW and MCU figs

I really like the realism, though thats mostly because The Flash (so essentially the Arrowverse) was pretty much my first time being really invested in and exited about something DC related. So CW Barry Allen and Oliver Queen where the characters I came to know and love, not their original comic-book counterparts.

But in the end that's just a matter of personal taste, I definetely see where you're coming from

Edited by Guyon2002

I like the idea of comic designs for the cmf.

If they could stick to rebirth and anything after!

As it relates to what kids see now in other toys.

I feel like the only way we are going to classic designs in comics movies tv movies is through lego batman movie 2.

I don't always prefer the CW or the movie versions over comic versions, but adaptational minifigs are better than none at all. Sure, I'd prefer Black Lightning or the Atom's comic looks, but I'd be happy just to get either in a normal release.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:59 PM, Robert8 said:

Even better, imagine if they made IMPROVED versions of the SDCC exclusives; imagine Zur-en-arrh but with dual molded legs, or Atom with an actual helmet piece. The exclusives are still technically exclusive, the general public benefits, and the scalpers would be neutered faster than you can say "tee hee."

1 hour ago, BaneShake said:

Even better, imagine if they made IMPROVED versions of the SDCC exclusives; imagine Zur-en-arrh but with dual molded legs, or Atom with an actual helmet piece. The exclusives are still technically exclusive, the general public benefits, and the scalpers would be neutered faster than you can say "tee hee."

That IS what they did with Green Arrow. Slightly alter the torso, take away the leg print, hood down and hair piece rather than hood up, but all in all the same costume. I hope they could do Bizarro in a similar fashion, I'm not too fond on his Rebirth look, prefer the classic version the Comic Con figure is based on. The same could be done for Black Suit Spidey in Marvel, the torso wasn't exclusive anyway, all that would need be done is alter the eyes a little

8 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

That IS what they did with Green Arrow. Slightly alter the torso, take away the leg print, hood down and hair piece rather than hood up, but all in all the same costume. I hope they could do Bizarro in a similar fashion, I'm not too fond on his Rebirth look, prefer the classic version the Comic Con figure is based on. The same could be done for Black Suit Spidey in Marvel, the torso wasn't exclusive anyway, all that would need be done is alter the eyes a little

That's pretty much the Dimensions Green Arrow you're describing, so we've already got that one:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lego green arrow

Edited by Guyon2002
Just realised your description was intentional. That's what you get when you go to Eurobricks 5 minutes after waking up ;)

17 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Agreed. Sometimes they screw up the suits, just look at HQ in birds of prey.

25 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Agreed. Sometimes they screw up the suits, just look at HQ in birds of prey.

The best movie/TV superhero outfits are the ones that look like they’ve been ripped straight from the comics. As such, the hard thing about the arrowverse is the outfits are always being updated. The Flash costume has been making its way painfully slowly to being comic book accurate. It’ll go a few steps forward and then a step back. The biggest turnoff is that the media costumes are usually much more negative and darker colors. The dark maroon red of Ezra Miller Flash is not nearly as appealing as the bright red of the comic version. That’s why a Shazam set would be satisfying because all the costumes would be practically as close to comic iterations as you can get and as such we wouldn’t need both a comic version and movie version of him. Basically I wouldn’t mind a movie version of a character in LEGO so long as the movie version is comic book accurate.

15 minutes ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

The best movie/TV superhero outfits are the ones that look like they’ve been ripped straight from the comics. 

That is your preference. I often (but not always) find the opposite to be true, with the movie/TV version looking better than the comic version. As an example, take wonder woman:

sh221.pngsh393.pngsh456.pngsh004.png

The 4th one I like the least, but that is probably the most comic accurate one. Regardless of my personal preference though, I'm glad we got multiple variants so we can pick & choose. And I vastly prefer having 4 different Wonder Woman figures than having 4 identical ones. 

1 hour ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

The best movie/TV superhero outfits are the ones that look like they’ve been ripped straight from the comics. As such, the hard thing about the arrowverse is the outfits are always being updated. The Flash costume has been making its way painfully slowly to being comic book accurate. It’ll go a few steps forward and then a step back. The biggest turnoff is that the media costumes are usually much more negative and darker colors. The dark maroon red of Ezra Miller Flash is not nearly as appealing as the bright red of the comic version. That’s why a Shazam set would be satisfying because all the costumes would be practically as close to comic iterations as you can get and as such we wouldn’t need both a comic version and movie version of him. Basically I wouldn’t mind a movie version of a character in LEGO so long as the movie version is comic book accurate.

Honestly, I prefer the ones that are a bit of both, like Aquamans. It has the classic suit and trident with Momoa's long hair/beard and is a completely different personality which isn't ideal. If Lego did characters like that in the cmf and sets id be all for it...

Edited by DeCommander96

27 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

That is your preference. I often (but not always) find the opposite to be true, with the movie/TV version looking better than the comic version. As an example, take wonder woman:

sh221.pngsh393.pngsh456.pngsh004.png

The 4th one I like the least, but that is probably the most comic accurate one. Regardless of my personal preference though, I'm glad we got multiple variants so we can pick & choose. And I vastly prefer having 4 different Wonder Woman figures than having 4 identical ones. 

I see what you’re saying, and the Wonder Woman suit is an exception because it is more highly detailed with arm printing, and the fourth one while more comic accurate is an older figure with less detail and a figure of the first appearance of her in the comics. It really depends on the accuracy of the comic character. DCEU Wonder Woman is very accurate to modern day Wonder Woman comics, which is why it works. Alternately, I’m not a big fan of Jason Momoa Aquaman. The suit in the movie (his own movie not Justice League that suit is horrendous) works, but the actor they chose doesn’t work for me. Momoa is the epitome of most obvious choice to play another character (Lobo, Momoa’s Aquaman is Lobo in personality which is why I abhore the miscast). The costume works, the actor doesn’t. Renditions of movie and tv characters I would have rather had from the comics and not the show because the show version just isn’t very good: Steppenwolf, Ares, Atom, Harley Quinn (Harley Quinn jestersuit is the best and I will never not dislike any other rendition), just about any suicide squad version of the characters except Katana and Deadshot whose costumes were accurate and looked good. The main reason I would say I want solely comic versions of the characters is that most of them are the comic versions and you can have all from the same brand verses having all the characters but some are from comics and others are from movies (having two renditions is fine) for example having 80% movie versions works for marvel because practically every character is in the movies already and you’re getting to the point of having every major superhero in the MCU and therefore getting LEGO renditions where the DCEU is just starting  up and is stumbling a lot and making poor character choices. This got way longer than I intended, oh well.

Pure speculation on my part, but I have a sneaky suspicion we may see Hush in minifig form within the next year. The reason for the hunch is I bought one of the Lego DC books (DC Super Heroes Visual Dictionary) for the exclusive minifigure (Yellow Lantern BM), and noticed on page 119 (chapter 4: behind the scenes) that we now have almost every single non-BM minifig on the page since the Commissioner Gordon was just released in the current BM 80th anniversary wave. Hush is the last designed minifig to not make it into a set of some sorts.

Really disappointed he didn't make the CMF2 series as he is much cooler than most of the random junk we got.

10 minutes ago, ApocSlay said:

Pure speculation on my part, but I have a sneaky suspicion we may see Hush in minifig form within the next year. The reason for the hunch is I bought one of the Lego DC books (DC Super Heroes Visual Dictionary) for the exclusive minifigure (Yellow Lantern BM), and noticed on page 119 (chapter 4: behind the scenes) that we now have almost every single non-BM minifig on the page since the Commissioner Gordon was just released in the current BM 80th anniversary wave. Hush is the last designed minifig to not make it into a set of some sorts.

Nice spot. I could definitely see him coming soon, they've already reused figures from Lego Movie's in regular lines with CMF 19. I could see him as a book figure even. I don't want to see him in the CMF as it's usually a opportunity to get new parts and his design is more easy to make.