Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, scottypavarotti said:

So, it’s August 1st. No news on that D2C yet....

Is it possible that the D2C release date is actually later this year? Possibly Christmas season?

I’ve heard that it’s a September release and someone pointed out that September 21 is Batman Day, so it could be released then. Makes sense to me since we’ve been having 1-2 D2C sets per month this summer and August already has 2- the Harley Davidson and the Tree House. September’s 2 sets would then be the Disney Train and the Batvehicle. 

On 7/30/2019 at 3:52 PM, thatblockoguy said:

Lego would never reveal anything

re: the turnaround time the general rule was always 6 months to a year for new product to hit the shelves but I assumed with Lego it would be different but then again maybe not if new tooling is needed for specific accessories 

Lego has a two year turn around for product development.

If you're referring to the D2C then... Very slim. Outside of that, I have no idea, but I would love some sets to actually adapt significant locations from the comics instead of constant made up vehicles by LEGO. I'm still astounded we've never gotten a Hall of Justice or JL Watchtower.

in terms of a general pattern of repeated releases, I assume that LEGO's market research is based on the good return they have on a 3-module Batcave with a couple of vehicles, a Batjet (or copter) versus a villain plane, a Batmobile (+/-) villain vehicle, and Batcycle.  I guess those are classically Batman's vehicles of choice, but there's a feeling of repetition, particularly to the broad design of the Batcave.  I'd love it if more sets could be combined.  I think we got a bit more of that with the Batman movie sets at least.  Throwing together multiple  vehicles from different waves, there's quite a collection of vehicles at least.  A couple of Bat-tanks.  But agreed, something else, Hall of Justice etc. would be a really cool change.  Event the Arkham Asylum's have all been a variation on the same theme over and over.  The D2C's have been the things that have broken the mould so far for me.  Saying that, I'm still buying whatever Batman LEGO are selling....

If the DC CMF series is indeed a thing, when do you guys think we would be seeing the first of it, considering we just got our first look at series 19?

Edited by RadioYeh

3 hours ago, RadioYeh said:

If the DC CMF series is indeed a thing, when do you guys think we would be seeing the first of it, considering we just got our first look at series 16?

For the CMF maybe this month is my estimate. But for the sets my best guess is a slime chance of getting names and rumored this month but most likely September or October.

The DC cmf is rumored for January 2020 so I wouldn’t expect anything till at earliest nov. But as for sets, I think there will be a longer wait for info then people expect 

6 hours ago, RadioYeh said:

If the DC CMF series is indeed a thing, when do you guys think we would be seeing the first of it, considering we just got our first look at series 16?

You mean series 19? 

Considering the tightening of leaks internally at Lego I would assume pictures early December-ish and maybe leaks just before then.

We may not get pictures until after Christmas, Lego wouldn’t want to hurt their Christmas sales afterall.

My DC series predictions

1. The Flash (Jay Garrick)
  2. Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
  3. Batman (James Gordon)
  4. Cyborg
  5. Hush
  6. Superman 
  7. Swamp Thing
  8. Firestorm 
  9. Heat Wave
  10. Red Tornado
  11. Super Girl
  12. Metallo
  13. Manhunter
  14. Martian Manhunter
  15. Black Mask
  16. Black Flash
  17. Green Lantern (Sinestro)
  18. Doctor Fate
  19. Another Batman suit
  20. Alfred

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

My DC series predictions

1. The Flash (Jay Garrick)
  2. Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
  3. Batman (James Gordon)
  4. Cyborg
  5. Hush
  6. Superman 
  7. Swamp Thing
  8. Firestorm 
  9. Heat Wave
  10. Red Tornado
  11. Super Girl
  12. Metallo
  13. Manhunter
  14. Martian Manhunter
  15. Black Mask
  16. Black Flash
  17. Green Lantern (Sinestro)
  18. Doctor Fate
  19. Another Batman suit
  20. Alfred

That seems like a likely, if not a little bland, selection. I doubt they would leave out some kind of Wonder Woman to capitalize on the second film though.

So do we have any idea what DC property is being used for the CMF series, or is it all on the table with comic designs.

I was just curious cause it would be a good time for an Arrowverse wave with Crisis on Infinite Earths coming out soon (even though I'd much rather comic designs)

That seems like a likely, if not a little bland, selection. I doubt they would leave out some kind of Wonder Woman to capitalize on the second film though.

That’s exactly why I left her out because she’s likely to get a set.

4 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

So do we have any idea what DC property is being used for the CMF series, or is it all on the table with comic designs.

I was just curious cause it would be a good time for an Arrowverse wave with Crisis on Infinite Earths coming out soon (even though I'd much rather comic designs)

We’ve never had arrowverse I don’t think they’re gonna start now. Is assume it’ll be comic based (finally!). If it was arrowverse I bet the leakers would have stated that.

I don’t think Lego will dive straight into beschreibt sought after characters by AFOLs. Remember children will be buying these as well. All the characters that have appeared before in my list (I didn’t previously mention this) will be new variants.

18 hours ago, scottypavarotti said:

in terms of a general pattern of repeated releases, I assume that LEGO's market research is based on the good return they have on a 3-module Batcave with a couple of vehicles, a Batjet (or copter) versus a villain plane, a Batmobile (+/-) villain vehicle, and Batcycle.  I guess those are classically Batman's vehicles of choice, but there's a feeling of repetition, particularly to the broad design of the Batcave.  I'd love it if more sets could be combined.  I think we got a bit more of that with the Batman movie sets at least.  Throwing together multiple  vehicles from different waves, there's quite a collection of vehicles at least.  A couple of Bat-tanks.  But agreed, something else, Hall of Justice etc. would be a really cool change.  Event the Arkham Asylum's have all been a variation on the same theme over and over.  The D2C's have been the things that have broken the mould so far for me.  Saying that, I'm still buying whatever Batman LEGO are selling....

could not agree more with you mate!

the way those harry potter sets have been released, would love for something Batman related for connected sets!

would love to see a Bat train set going through the Batcave / gotham city! (thats for the wish list)

and yes, like you, I'll still buy all Batman Lego lol

28 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

They also say it has 3306 pieces and comes in a 58,2 x 38,8 x 16,1 cm box.

They also say not to take this as secured information ;)

this would make it the largest DC set to date (joker manor falls under LBM)

I can't wait!

now the question remains, which bat-mobile is it?

1437 pieces more then the tumbler!

Hopefully, if it is indeed the Batmobile, a bunch of those pieces will go to creating a diorama around the vehicle, so that it's a proper display piece. So the Batcomputer or an Axis Chemicals build if it's the Burton one