Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

16 hours ago, Mattyj82 said:

Cool if it’s true about a dc cmf 

the tv show arrow finishes up in January and there is a 5 part arrow verse crossover over Christmas and new year. At a guess it could be characters from arrow, flash, legends,supergirl, Black Lightning & batwoman 

Doubt it.

DC are currently doing a big “Year of the Villain” deal, across multiple titles. Maybe we might get a villain-heavy line featuring current costume incarnations?

Anyone know what the time frame is from conception to creation of a minifig? How far in advance do they plan character line up and design. In addition what is DC/ Warner’s role as licensor in the selection and final approval?

34 minutes ago, thatblockoguy said:

Anyone know what the time frame is from conception to creation of a minifig? How far in advance do they plan character line up and design. In addition what is DC/ Warner’s role as licensor in the selection and final approval?

That's a great question. If you ask customer service in Lego.shop they'll answer you,most times

Edited by DeCommander96

27 minutes ago, thatblockoguy said:

In addition what is DC/ Warner’s role as licensor in the selection and final approval?

I asked Marcos Bessa how minifigure selection was done for superheroes sets (probably close to 3 years ago), and his reply was that it was a collaborative effort between LEGO and the licensor. If I remember correctly the same applied to set selection.

Anyone know if this is a real leak or not?

kingdom come set with spectre batman and jay Garrick?

would post an image but...

Edited by DeCommander96

31 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I cannot seem to find any image hinting towards such a set, any directions?

Its not the first time a Kingdom Come set has been rumored but I don't think it is very likely personally, though you never know...

I’m just curious about the differences between choosing characters for an action figure line and choosing 16 minifigs.  Is there the “mandatory” inclusion of a Superman or Batman? 76055 gave us Killer Croc, Captain Boomerang and Katana. 76053 gave us Harley Quinn and Deadshot. The fact that the inclusion of these characters in their comic book costumes coincided with the 2016 release of Suicide Squad couldn’t have been a coincidence. 

Comic action figure lines generally have someone, hopefully the brand manager, who is a fanboy with ideas of which characters they’d like to see made. TLC never struck me  as having that sort of person(s) on staff but I could be completely wrong about that ( I hope I am). Back when the first wave of Batman sets were being produced TLC reached out to the fan community for input. I was a member of a site called Legions of Gotham and a member was invited to meet with them to share ideas.

I’m sure that DC/Warner has a short list of who they want promoted. Hopefully it includes a Flash ( Jay Garrick or Impulse)

another GL ( Kyle Rayner or Guy Gardener would be my best guess, the Ron Weasley hairpiece from years ago would be so perfect) a classic silver age Aquaman, Jon Kent Superboy, Dr. Fate, Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter, Silver Age Hawkman, Booster Gold, Adam Strange, Stargirl. I’ll stop now.

Edited by thatblockoguy

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

Are you talking about the one with 7 figures?

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Are you talking about the one with 7 figures?

Yes

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I cannot seem to find any image hinting towards such a set, any directions?

Its not the first time a Kingdom Come set has been rumored but I don't think it is very likely personally, though you never know...

Search DC Lego leaks 2019 on Google,you'll find it

10 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Are we looking for an article, pic, or video? I cannot find it.

8 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Ah yes I've seen that one before in the past. Sadly it is not an official Lego set and will most likely not be. This "set" first popped up in 2018 it was actually created by Alex Ross, the artist of Kingdom Come, himself. He wanted to make this an official set by adding it to Lego Ideas but since Lego Ideas does not allow for Ideas based on existing properties this never came to fruition. There is more information on the story here; https://www.fbtb.net/lego-ideas/2018/07/25/that-kingdom-come-lego-set-alex-ross-posted-is-headed-to-ideas/

It could ofcourse be that Lego has actually decided to make this an official set for 2020 but we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

3 hours ago, thatblockoguy said:

Anyone know what the time frame is from conception to creation of a minifig?

At least a year, but there are still revisions within that timeframe. I remember finding images of TLBM S2 and S18 in early February 2017; most of the characters ended up being the same as the finalized series, but there were a few changes in selection and design between those first images and the finished product. Can't say for sure at what point they were "locked in," but I'd guess around 6-8 months before they hit shelves.

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Ah yes I've seen that one before in the past. Sadly it is not an official Lego set and will most likely not be. This "set" first popped up in 2018 it was actually created by Alex Ross, the artist of Kingdom Come, himself. He wanted to make this an official set by adding it to Lego Ideas but since Lego Ideas does not allow for Ideas based on existing properties this never came to fruition. There is more information on the story here; https://www.fbtb.net/lego-ideas/2018/07/25/that-kingdom-come-lego-set-alex-ross-posted-is-headed-to-ideas/

It could ofcourse be that Lego has actually decided to make this an official set for 2020 but we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Thank you

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

At least a year, but there are still revisions within that timeframe. I remember finding images of TLBM S2 and S18 in early February 2017; most of the characters ended up being the same as the finalized series, but there were a few changes in selection and design between those first images and the finished product. Can't say for sure at what point they were "locked in," but I'd guess around 6-8 months before they hit shelves.

So if this wave is scheduled for a Jan 2020 release then everyone has already been decided upon. Guess now we just wait for that one headpiece or torso print to leak : )

TheBrickbuilder14  thank you for the link. I can easily see us getting that Kingdom Come Superman. Even Imaginext made one.

Edited by thatblockoguy

6 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Built the new Batmobile finally  lot bigger than I thought it would be, and was just a different building experience than I thought as well

I've been dying to get it for months. Just three more days until it's in stores :)

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Built the new Batmobile finally  lot bigger than I thought it would be, and was just a different building experience than I thought as well

Yeah it’s awesome, I love how it’s built.

11 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

I believe you're talking about this set that Alex Ross himself showed off at Comic Con 2018.

Unfortunately, it isn't a real set, but he did state that it was something his team wanted to work with Lego to make into a set. Maybe one day...

Maybe in 2021 for the 25th anniversary we might have a chance... but that's a discussion for the wishlists thread

4 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I believe you're talking about this set that Alex Ross himself showed off at Comic Con 2018.

Unfortunately, it isn't a real set, but he did state that it was something his team wanted to work with Lego to make into a set. Maybe one day...

Maybe in 2021 for the 25th anniversary we might have a chance... but that's a discussion for the wishlists thread

Looks like a real set, doubt Lego will make it

21 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

How many DC sets are we supposed to be getting? 

I think we have 9 confirmed sets, we just don't know if they're marvel or DC 

20 hours ago, thatblockoguy said:

Yeah sorry my guy. I highly doubt anyone in hear knows for sure. And I also doubt that Lego themselves would tell you.

Lego would never reveal anything

re: the turnaround time the general rule was always 6 months to a year for new product to hit the shelves but I assumed with Lego it would be different but then again maybe not if new tooling is needed for specific accessories