Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

42 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I know Zatanna because she was in Batman the Animated Series

But not the rest of those and I know some DC characters because I watch the animated films like the Hush movie or the Jack the Ripper one.

My point was: I dont think you should expect a full wave of super rare characters because the series will have to be as mainstream as possible to appeal to a bigger public

Those rare characters appear on videogames, yes. But on a videogame I cant handpick the characters unlike the CMF bags. 

I think there could be a couple of obscure characters but thats it.

Heck, LEGO doesnt even dare to use them on sets where they can be mixed with well-known characters. I dont think they'll try to sell them alone on a CMF bag.

I would guess special or rare versions of well known characters. Like an Uma Thurman Poison Ivy or Gaslight Batman and stuff like that

I don't think these characters are as obscure as you think

Like, Inside Out Man, Signal Man, Lightning Bug etc are obscure or "rare" as you put it

But Zatanna, Doctor Fate, Flash's Rogues Gallery, Merlyn and so on aren't obscure. They might not be in live action movies (which is why most people are so familiar with Batman, Superman, Penguin, Joker and Ivy in the first place) but that doesn't make them obscure. They're big comics characters and have appeared in several pieces of DC media, from the Arrow and Flash shows to animated shows Young Justice to Justice League, Justice League Unlimited and Justice League Action, and the animated films.

What makes a character obscure to you? Because it can't just come down to what movies they're in. I mean, Shang Chi is getting his own Marvel movie! Most of the demand for Hush comes from his appearance in the Lego Games, one of his only media appearances until the animated film 

Edited by Duncan Young

13 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I would guess special or rare versions of well known characters. Like an Uma Thurman Poison Ivy or Gaslight Batman and stuff like that

I doubt we'd be getting lesser known elseworld characters in a series 1.
I also SINCERELY DOUBT that we'd get a lot if any Batman rouges in a cmf as they are always coming in sets.

@Brick Cucumber I absolutely agree

It's a win win honestly. Batman continues to get a steady wave of sets, with an occasional appearance from a different hero, while for Flash or Superman fans, they can pick up variants and villains of their favourite heroes without having to buy a £40 Flash-Boat or Super-Dune Buggy

4 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

I hope not, but Lego would probably do

yellow lantern batman

blue lantern batman

green lantern batman 

etc etc

You see I think your wrong, besides 10-15 other characters the green lanterns, red, blue, green, orange, yellow and, purple and pink are very high in demand. Just think about it green lantern (guy gardener), green lantern Simon bazz, star sapphire, larfleez, bleez and killawog and atrocious etc. and the 10-15 others may be zatanna, doctor fate, mr miracle etc. either way this opens a whole new door to possibilities of new characters we’ve never seen. And if u want to get to obscure character I mean like, trigon, green lantern(the duck), king shark, Bart Allen. Those are characters that can wait we still need more mainstream characters from the dc lineup. And if come 2020 lego does mess this up and we don’t get one of the characters above or any other lantern corps figs I can safely say that over the past 10-11 years the dc lineup has failed in customer satisfaction.

Couldn’t lurk anymore : )

The idea of a DC centric CMF wave is a dream come true! 2020 is an interesting year for DC. McFarlane and Spin master are picking up the boys toys licence from Mattel, who has had it for more than 15 years.

Lego producing a line of  DC minifigs fits right in with the new DC presence that we’re going to see in the toy aisles. 

IMO TLC has does right by DC fans thus far. Not counting SDCC exclusives or minifigs which were part of sets, they’ve given us a Wonder Woman in an outfit that she only wore for a brief period in her comic, a Cosmic Boy, a Superboy, a Lightning Lad, a transforming Clark Kent, Jessica Cruz GL, Sinestro Corps Batman, New 52/current look Martian Manhunter, Nightwing, The Trickster and... Batzarro ( they cant all be winners) I’m sure I’m forgetting someone. Basically we’ve already gotten “obscure” characters because they appeared in home videos. If they simply take characters from the video games I’ll be satisfied.

and guys do you know what i just realized. this year right before 2020 starts the cw/ arrowverse is coming out with the crisis on infinite earths crossover event. grant gustin, and other members of the arrowverse have said this to be huge and the biggest arrowverse crossover ever. can the dc comics cmf series and the newly rumored 2020 sets, could these be loosley based off of the up coming crossover. Idk this has been a thought in my head all day but im just spitting out random stuff. not a bad idea tho.

I’d be surprised if the minifigs are Arrowverse based but there’s no reason why we can’t get them based on the COIE comic or any of the subsequent Crisis. More likely though I think they’ll be based on Rebirth as DC is set to return both the JSA and Legion of Superheroes to continuity. We’ve gotten Damian Wayne Robins so a Jon Kent Superboy isn’t beyond the realm of possibility as well as Young Justice. Anything comic related seems possible. I guess it depends on what is and isn’t included in their licence.

I think we’ll get a new Plastic Man with the tube arms. That’s a pretty novel minifig for in a bag, right?

5 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

You see I think your wrong, besides 10-15 other characters the green lanterns, red, blue, green, orange, yellow and, purple and pink are very high in demand. Just think about it green lantern (guy gardener), green lantern Simon bazz, star sapphire, larfleez, bleez and killawog and atrocious etc. and the 10-15 others may be zatanna, doctor fate, mr miracle etc. either way this opens a whole new door to possibilities of new characters we’ve never seen. And if u want to get to obscure character I mean like, trigon, green lantern(the duck), king shark, Bart Allen. Those are characters that can wait we still need more mainstream characters from the dc lineup. And if come 2020 lego does mess this up and we don’t get one of the characters above or any other lantern corps figs I can safely say that over the past 10-11 years the dc lineup has failed in customer satisfaction.

I was joking

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

TLBM CMFs werent moneymakers, especially Series 2 was one of the best shelfwarmers of the year

True, but I was actually referring Batman & co. being the money makers in general compared to other heroes and their allies and enemies. 
Since that's who most sets and figures are based, I'm kinda hoping LEGO will make the DC CMF far less Batman-related.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind a Batman Beyond suit and a senior Bruce Wayne for example. Some of Batman's villains in B:TAS style would also be welcome (Mr. Freeze :wub:).

Regards,
Mitch

30 minutes ago, thatblockoguy said:

A new Plastic man would be great 

but I’d really love a swamp thing done like the yeti minifig 

They might do swamp thing,after all he did have a series

2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

They might do swamp thing,after all he did have a series

Swamp thing is best made as a big fig and I hope characters like him who deserve big fig form aren’t in the CMF

39 minutes ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

Swamp thing is best made as a big fig and I hope characters like him who deserve big fig form aren’t in the CMF

Fair point

51 minutes ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

I think he looks pretty good in minifigure form.

SwampThing.214_1080x.png?v=1562687195

On 7/26/2019 at 10:53 AM, CF Mitch said:

I totally agree. The previous DC-related CMF's were 90% Batman and co. related, and a lot of crazy variants. 

So, hopefully the upcoming CMF wave will contribute variants of other major heroes and their allies & adversaries. There are still some Superman suits they could do and quite a few Green Lanterns and such. Preferably nothing Batman related at all, I've pretty much had enough of that, to be honest.

Still, I'm looking cautiously looking forward to this, 'cause we all know LEGO could have decided to go for the money-maker and practically just make this a third  TLBM wave.

Regards, Mitch

There is no chance Lego will be calling this TLBM S3. TLBM is old now and irrelevant with children and besides many people are saying TLBM S2 sold poorly.

That swamp thing is terrific! Better than I imagined

I too think that this will be a DC centric wave not another TLBM one. They’ve had success with the Simpson’s and Disney. If they’ve paid for the DC license it only makes sense to get their money’s worth. I remember those DC comics with Lego minifigs from a few years back. They were done in a “serious” style and looked great. 

Edited by thatblockoguy

27 minutes ago, scottypavarotti said:

This is really cool, who makes it?

Minifig Madness Customs. This is just a render though, their actual quality varies.

I would be excited for a DC CMF series, but, like everyone, it would depend on the characters included. Might be a great time to finally get the Mad Hatter, comics-based Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, DC Super Villains Commissioner Gordon, Harvey Bullock, Metallo, Ventriloquist, Clayface - and many of those lesser known characters already mentioned. I will be waiting anxiously for more news on this rumor!

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

There is no chance Lego will be calling this TLBM S3. TLBM is old now and irrelevant with children and besides many people are saying TLBM S2 sold poorly.

No, I know that, which is why I didn't say they'd be calling it that, I meant more that it might end up like one. As in, having weird (and, in my opinion needless) variants of (already existing) characters that are mainly Batman-related.
I don't think it will happen, but considering the past, I'm not ruling it out either.

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

51 minutes ago, CommishGordon said:

I would be excited for a DC CMF series, but, like everyone, it would depend on the characters included. Might be a great time to finally get the Mad Hatter, comics-based Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, DC Super Villains Commissioner Gordon, Harvey Bullock, Metallo, Ventriloquist, Clayface - and many of those lesser known characters already mentioned. I will be waiting anxiously for more news on this rumor!

I kinda doubt that they'd use Jimmy Olsen, or Harvey Bullock in the series. I get how popular they are, I'd want them to be in sets, but the series would need to be heavy in heroes and villains, not civilians. Not saying one or two, like Lois Lane, Alfred or Amanda Waller couldn't appear

I think my top two dream figures would have to be The Creeper, and Deadman. Loved those goofy characters when I was a kid. Creeper would work really well as a minifigure, I think. His look in the Villains game was spot on.

I wonder if the CMF series will be used as a way to cover characters who might not normally constitute sets. Someone like Constantine, for example, seems much more likely in a CMF than a set proper. Black Mask, soon to be appearing in an R-rated movie, or the Doom Patrol, who are in a VERY mature show, would also make sense.

Obviously, we could guarantee at least a few of the "big" name characters as a few slots. Batman would be almost a guarantee; Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash also seem quite likely.

Plenty of characters could be made with preexisting molds, too. Characters like Arkham Knight or Robotman could use Firefly's helmet, if printed correctly. Black Mask could use the new skull head mold from the recent Ninjago line. Creeper's basically already got every piece he'd need already in existence. Huntress, if going for a more "classic" post-Crisis look, could potentially even use Batwoman's cowl in purple with black hair.