Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This is a surprise if true

Isnt LEGO Batman Movie 2 on the works? 

Yes but as far as I know, we know next to nothing about it.

10 minutes ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

I feel like we could get kid flash in the CMF using that new goggle hair combo from hidden side 

You mean a Young Justice Kid Flash?

I'd honestly hate that decision, if they were to give us a Kid Flash for either main continuity or Young Justice they should use the models that they've already made for those characters in Lego DC Supervillains, not cheap out so we don't get the wings on the helmets.

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Am I the only one that isn’t exactly thrilled with this news? :hmpf_bad: We’ve already had two DC series before (which were mostly focused on Batsy of course, but still featured plenty of other DC figures), so this feels kind of redundant.

I don‘t mind the series as such, it‘s just that I vastly would have preferred Disney S3 or WW S2 over this :shrug_confused:

As I've just lamented elsewhere, I feel a DC Universe CMS would be redundant more due to the fact that any characters/variants such a Series would offer could be just as easily shoehorned into playsets. Sure, I may love everything DC Comics has to offer, but the Collectable Minifigure theme is better reserved for archetypes, genres, IPs, and characters that could never be viably represented within playsets. :sceptic:

We did get two other DC Series before with TLBM CMF's, but I feel like this could be the first opportunity to get actual proper comic versions of highly requested characters that people have been asking for for years.

And IMO, while we did get a lot with the previous two Batman Movie waves, 15 out of 40 of the figures were joke/beach variants with the rest being either Silver Age depictions/Superfriends characters and C/D-list villains. Only a handful of the characters in both waves could work in a modern setting with the regular DC Superheroes sets (Hugo Strange and Red Hood come to mind). 

Maybe this is how I'll finally be able to get a updated Hush Batsuit, Hush, Rebirth Nightwing, Mad Hatter, or even Kid Flash, just to name a few.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

41 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

As I've just lamented elsewhere, I feel a DC Universe CMS would be redundant more due to the fact that any characters/variants such a Series would offer could be just as easily shoehorned into playsets. Sure, I may love everything DC Comics has to offer, but the Collectable Minifigure theme is better reserved for archetypes, genres, IPs, and characters that could never be viably represented within playsets. :sceptic:

Well, CMF's have a lot higher budgets and also get to introduce a lot more parts. Lego rarely make unique parts for Superhero figures, so a CMF seems like a better way to give us characters that desperately need new pieces, like a Wally West, Jay Garrick, Doctor Fate, Zatanna and many other examples. Those characters probably wouldn't ever appear in a regular wave of sets because of the necessity for new pieces in order to make them.

3 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Maybe this is how I'll finally be able to get a updated Hush Batsuit, Hush, Rebirth Nightwing, Mad Hatter, or even Kid Flash, just to name a few.

I'd say they'd probably only do one villain for each corresponding hero. I doubt they'd put Nightwing in as well as we've had (reasonably accurate) versions of him appear in Polybags in the past. But I really think we'll get some spectacular figures with the amount of dual-moulding and the high amounts of printing we usually get in CMF's.

1 hour ago, MisterBatfleck said:

We did get two other DC Series before with TLBM CMF's, but I feel like this could be the first opportunity to get actual proper comic versions of highly requested characters that people have been asking for for years.

And IMO, while we did get a lot with the previous two Batman Movie waves, 15 out of 40 of the figures were joke/beach variants with the rest being either Silver Age depictions/Superfriends characters and C/D-list villains. Only a handful of the characters in both waves could work in a modern setting with the regular DC Superheroes sets (Hugo Strange and Red Hood come to mind). 

Don't see why the C-List figs wouldn't work in a modern setting. I love the characters personally, and they still make appearances in modern comics, just not as much as characters like Croc or Freeze. I was very happy to add those to the collection

32 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Don't see why the C-List figs wouldn't work in a modern setting. I love the characters personally, and they still make appearances in modern comics, just not as much as characters like Croc or Freeze. I was very happy to add those to the collection

Fair enough, I had a feeling I would've been destroyed if I said Killer Moth's name directly. :grin:

I really hope this is true. I didn't care too much for the Lego Batman series because several of the figures were just goofy. 

A legit DC series would be great. I love to get a Deathstroke like Lego games. 

5 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

IMO, while we did get a lot with the previous two Batman Movie waves, 15 out of 40 of the figures were joke/beach variants with the rest being either Silver Age depictions/Superfriends characters and C/D-list villains. Only a handful of the characters in both waves could work in a modern setting with the regular DC Superheroes sets (Hugo Strange and Red Hood come to mind). 

I totally agree. The previous DC-related CMF's were 90% Batman and co. related, and a lot of crazy variants. 

So, hopefully the upcoming CMF wave will contribute variants of other major heroes and their allies & adversaries. There are still some Superman suits they could do and quite a few Green Lanterns and such. Preferably nothing Batman related at all, I've pretty much had enough of that, to be honest.

Still, I'm looking cautiously looking forward to this, 'cause we all know LEGO could have decided to go for the money-maker and practically just make this a third  TLBM wave.

Regards, Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

59 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

I totally agree. The previous DC-related CMF's were 90% Batman and co. related, and a lot of crazy variants. 

So, hopefully the upcoming CMF wave will contribute variants of other major heroes and their allies & adversaries. There are still some Superman suits they could do and quite a few Green Lanterns and such. Preferably nothing Batman related at all, I've pretty much had enough of that, to be honest.

Still, I'm looking cautiously looking forward to this, 'cause we all know LEGO could have decided to go for the money-maker and practically just make this a third  TLBM wave.

Regards, Mitch

Batman is in most DC sets 

i think I have more spare Lego batman cowls than I have Bruce Wayne faces, and I have a lot of Bruce Wayne faces

15 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Batman is in most DC sets 

i think I have more spare Lego batman cowls than I have Bruce Wayne faces, and I have a lot of Bruce Wayne faces

Exactly! But not just Bats himself (who, admittedly, still has several suits which could be made into LEGO), but all those crazy versions of Alfred, the Joker and Harley as well (to name a few). 
Which were all based on TLBM, I realize (speaking specifically of CMF's now), but that's why I hope the upcoming DC CMF series will be much more general comics based.

Regards,
Mitch

3 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Exactly! But not just Bats himself (who, admittedly, still has several suits which could be made into LEGO), but all those crazy versions of Alfred, the Joker and Harley as well (to name a few). 
Which were all based on TLBM, I realize (speaking specifically of CMF's now), but that's why I hope the upcoming DC CMF series will be much more general comics based.

Regards,
Mitch

Yeah. Who at Lego when they were thinking up this series brought up a crazy Alfred in a white and gold suit with sunglasses?

Considering the new bags and the higher amount of pieces included now per character, I think Ventriloquist might appear in this series. 

For me I welcome the idea of a DC superheroes minifig series, as an opportunity to get characters usually not found in playsets, which usually gravitates around the same basic core group of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash. However that is also a fear of mine, that many slots in the series will be taken by the core group which is more known to the general public. There could be some cool variants, as Red Son Superman, Gotham by Gaslight Batman, but I could not see them being the one slot each of those characters would take. I want more obscure stuff, like Samurai (to complete the SuperFriends line from TLBM, which I found cool), Legion of Superheroes (at least give us Saturn girl to complete the original trio), Warlord, Mister Miracle and the New Gods, some Green Lantern members (Guy, please) and so on. I can dream.

7 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Well, CMF's have a lot higher budgets and also get to introduce a lot more parts. Lego rarely make unique parts for Superhero figures, so a CMF seems like a better way to give us characters that desperately need new pieces, like a Wally West, Jay Garrick, Doctor Fate, Zatanna and many other examples. Those characters probably wouldn't ever appear in a regular wave of sets because of the necessity for new pieces in order to make them.

But, what's to stop them from shoehorning those characters into playsets after the fact, right after a CMS arms them with those necessary molds? Like I'd said, the Collectable Minifigure theme is valued best for archetypes, genres, IPs, and characters that could've never been possibly viable within playsets, both before and after the fact. 

24 minutes ago, Chiaroscuro said:

However that is also a fear of mine, that many slots in the series will be taken by the core group which is more known to the general public. There could be some cool variants, as Red Son Superman, Gotham by Gaslight Batman, but I could not see them being the one slot each of those characters would take.

Alright, I'll admit, both a Red Son Superman and Gotham by Gaslight Batman would be pretty sweet to see from such a Series. :shrug_oh_well:

I would say the worth of this set really depends on what they do with it. In all hope, this set has immense potential to be the greatest things to happen to the DC line since the 2015 sets. Seeing as we haven’t gotten a ton of new characters at the same time, this opens room to get 16-20 completely new characters (minus the few we know will be characters we already have probably with minor changes in costume and face as well as unique accessories). I feel like there are a few routes they could go, doing solely superheroes, villains, or even having some regular person outfit variants of characters (gotta say while having Diana Prince, Clark Kent, Barry Allen, etc. out of costume is appealing I’d definitely rather have new supers and villains. I doubt they would focus only on young justice members, main JL heroes and I think it would be a mistake to get remakes of any villains. The LBM sets were good for the villains and new JL members, but this line has so much potential AND it has potential to get a second line if it does well enough, so the more of these lines that come out, the mini-figures will likely get better in accordance to what we want. I think Raven, and Saturn girl are two obvious ones that are the only ones missing from Teen Titans and the Legion of Superheroes (that we saw in Cosmic Clash), so it would be a mistake to not use this opportunity (or the new sets) to include them. Other than that I will be happy for any Young Justice or JL Dark member as well as new villains: Bizarro (not Doomsday cuz he deserves a big fig), Larfleeze, Black Adam, Metallo, Hush, Malcolm Merlyn, etc. but most of all GIVE ME EVERY CRIME SYNDICATE MEMBER. Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk.

Edited by CoolDudeRadman

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Alright, I'll admit, both a Red Son Superman and Gotham by Gaslight Batman would be pretty sweet to see from such a Series. :shrug_oh_well:

Red Son Superman is the first DC animated movie of 2020 so there is hope.

And you have to agree that those types of characters wouldn’t appear in a normal set.

58 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Considering the new bags and the higher amount of pieces included now per character, I think Ventriloquist might appear in this series. 

*crosses fingers*

Looking at figs from the latest Lego game, and making educated guesses in some areas, here's my predictions

PURELY SPECULATION BELOW

1. Batman (Hush suit)
2. Superman (DCSV design) 
3. Wonder Woman (unknown variant)
4. Green Lantern (Guy)
5. Flash (Wally, Rebirth)
6. Deathstroke (DCSV) 
7. Harley Quinn (Rebirth)
8. Booster Gold and Skeets
9. Doctor Fate
10. Metallo (Rebirth)
11. Black Adam (Rebirth)
12. Raven
13. Mirror Master
14. Heat Wave
15. Livewire
16. Merlyn
17. Nightwing (Rebirth)
18. Clayface (Minifig, DCSV)
19. Red Robin
20. Superboy (Jon Kent) 

15 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I personally really want mini figure Darkseid

Darkside is too big to be well represented by a minifig. The bigfig was fine. But as the rest of New Gods, minifig versions would be great.

55 minutes ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Darkside is too big to be well represented by a minifig. The bigfig was fine. But as the rest of New Gods, minifig versions would be great.

So is thanos but we're getting him as a mini fig, if you check the marvel thread.