Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

11 minutes ago, Borex said:

I’m afraid that the trophies just use stickers. 

The Joker Card is for sure a sticker, not sure about the coin.

The closer I look at the images the better I feel. New pieces and reused pieces from other lines. I like all the figs other than Riddlers bizarrely sideburned head. Not sure why the recoloured top hat is there.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's really unfortunate. I wasn't planning on getting this anyway, as both the clayface and batcave as a whole look really terrible IMO.

Me. Freeze set looks bad. Everything in it looks a mess, and his design is boring.

The Batmobile reminds me of the one from the very first Batman wave (one of my very first sets!!!!) and it looks pretty good! The only problem is it looks awkward only having Batman, the Joker and the Batmobile. A sleak car for the Joker like the one from Suicide Squad or another fig or two (Bathound? Batgirl? Harley? would make it seem less awkward), but I think the iconicity of the vehicle makes up for that.

I like a majority of the Batwing set except for the Batwing itself. Riddlers helicopter is cool. Nice police car, great selection of figures.. but the photos of it all look too jumbled together! Happy to finally have Shazam though.

And I really like the Batcave! It also reminds me of the old school Batman sets. Two Face has always been my favorite villain, and while I’m happy to see his inclusion once again, I’m not thrilled with his figure. Clayface looks fine. His TLBM variant is better, but if that didn’t exist I’d be happy with this one. Catwoman looks amazing though!

and the Juniors sets definitely exist as well! :blush:

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm surprised they made it a sticker this time since every other Joker card (including the non-Joker version with the Jester minifigure from Collectible Minifigures Series 12) we've ever gotten has always been printed.

I noticed straight away that in the batcave set with the coin and little dino that there references to the classic batcave villain mementos from the 90s animated series

has anybody also noticed that the overall design of the batcave is similar to the ninjago dragon pit

im sorry but I have to laugh at just2good for saying the batcave is as bad as the LBM set I really don't agree on that opinion

10 hours ago, saysonder said:

The Batmobile reminds me of the one from the very first Batman wave (one of my very first sets!!!!) and it looks pretty good!

Which one? The one from 7781 or 7784:shrug_oh_well:

11 hours ago, saysonder said:

The only problem is it looks awkward only having Batman, the Joker and the Batmobile. A sleak car for the Joker like the one from Suicide Squad or another fig or two (Bathound? Batgirl? Harley? would make it seem less awkward), but I think the iconicity of the vehicle makes up for that.

That it stands alone without a complementary vehicle makes it more like a Speed Champions set, which is pretty cool if you ask me! :grin:

Huh, that's interesting. When I was looking under the "Themes" section on Shop at Home, it lists Lego Batman and DC Superheroes as two different categories, the same with Lego Spider-Man and Marvel Super Heroes as well. 

2 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Huh, that's interesting. When I was looking under the "Themes" section on Shop at Home, it lists Lego Batman and DC Superheroes as two different categories, the same with Lego Spider-Man and Marvel Super Heroes as well. 

Weird that they also preface Spider-Man and Batman with LEGO while none of the other themes in the list get that treatment

13 hours ago, RobbieHxC said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but when do the new Batman sets release in the UK?

13 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

around june or july

Usually 1st June but last year it was August so could be either this year.

well even if it is great news for me as im trying to save up to around £1500 for the summer sets and that's including the big rumoured Disney set

with some discounts I can get the batcave and batmobile set for free

19 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I believe in the official set announcement it said august 1st so I would expect that to be the official date in the UK as well.

That’s not always the case, in past years it’s been 1st August for USA and 1st June for the UK with the exception of last year.

All of the sets look amazing!! The only thing I majorly dislike is the fact that the riddlercopter is a colour rehash of the 1966 batcopter.

If Lego will produce another wave of decent sets like these then I really don’t mind the next wave being Batman again :laugh:

Edited by J4ck

6 hours ago, J4ck said:

If Lego will produce another wave of decent sets like these then I really don’t mind the next wave being Batman again :laugh:

While I see your point, I really think they should do some different dc hero sets, because we've gotten plenty of batmans (batmen?) over the years, and it's time for something different IMO

I feel like the perfect balance would be a five set wave of three standard Batman sets, and two other comic sets, which could range from Superman, Flash etc. Batman continues to be the "star," but there are still other sets for different characters 

Or indeed the 2015/18 arrangement of Justice League in the winter, and Batman in the summer. 

So looking at the new summer wave of Batman sets overall I'm excited. Yeah we don't get new villains (to be expected at this point) but I personally like the updated figures (though I would've preferred a magenta jacket on Two-Face like the comic/super villains game version). The vehicles are really cool and bring something new to the collection. Overall I'm excited. Who knows, maybe Lego has more up it's sleeve like a Bricktober Batman/DC Super-Villains pack or a wave of 80th anniversary collectible minifigs (unlikely I know but I can dream too). I see a lot of unhappiness in the community regarding the set designs and minifigures and while I could add to that by saying that Lego is mostly for kids (we're all kids at heart...phew, nice save me), It's fair to say that it will always be a hit/miss with new sets.

It would be cool to see a Bricktober set with Ventriloquist and Scarface, General Zod and Black Adam (Ventriloquist fills the fourth space like the random baby Blue raptor in the Jurassic World pack). Or a wave of collectible minifigures including; Livewire, Bronze Tiger, Cheshire, Shiva, Copperhead, Mirror Master, Metallo, Bizarro, Grid, Johnny Quick, Owlman, Ultraman, Super Woman, Sea King, Power Ring, Mercy Graves, Malcolm Merlyn, Heatwave, General Zod, Black Adam, Ares and Atrocitus (minifigure version) I know this isn't the area for these kinds of things but it sort of a speculation...I think?

6 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I feel like the perfect balance would be a five set wave of three standard Batman sets, and two other comic sets, which could range from Superman, Flash etc. Batman continues to be the "star," but there are still other sets for different characters 

I've been thinking somehting along the same lines. Honestly though, we just need less batman sets altogether so we can get different hero sets.

@BrickBuilder1 Maybe. But Batman does sell. And so long as he continues to do so he'll be the front runner of the line. And considering how few location sets we get, the non Bat sets would probably be a blend of ridiculous cars and helicopters for Green Lantern and Aquaman

11 hours ago, PremierComix said:

So looking at the new summer wave of Batman sets overall I'm excited. Yeah we don't get new villains (to be expected at this point) but I personally like the updated figures (though I would've preferred a magenta jacket on Two-Face like the comic/super villains game version). The vehicles are really cool and bring something new to the collection. Overall I'm excited. Who knows, maybe Lego has more up it's sleeve like a Bricktober Batman/DC Super-Villains pack or a wave of 80th anniversary collectible minifigs (unlikely I know but I can dream too). I see a lot of unhappiness in the community regarding the set designs and minifigures and while I could add to that by saying that Lego is mostly for kids (we're all kids at heart...phew, nice save me), It's fair to say that it will always be a hit/miss with new sets.

Like wise, I really like the designs for the bat vehicles -

I was just wishing for more integration between sets, include a small portion of the bat-cave to build on  and make it into a nice large display set.

I think that would make it now 60 bat vehicles over the last 15 years in Lego form that can fit a mini-figure. 

Be nice to have all those wonderful toys

better start saving!!

still have the D2C coming

hoping for some polybags and new books

see how it goes.