Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

I do hope the D2C is a location rather than a huge vehicle. I still think we need a proper Wayne Manor.  Personally I’m hoping for a Ventrialquist and Black Mask.  

Regarding the set numbers it appears that number 76121 is missing from the list? Do we know if this will be a Batman set? 

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I do hope the D2C is a location rather than a huge vehicle. I still think we need a proper Wayne Manor.  Personally I’m hoping for a Ventrialquist and Black Mask.  

Regarding the set numbers it appears that number 76121 is missing from the list? Do we know if this will be a Batman set? 

Looking at all the posts its more likely a vehicle. 

5 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I do hope the D2C is a location rather than a huge vehicle. I still think we need a proper Wayne Manor.

If so, it better be of an architectural quality equivalent to that of Creator Expert's modular buildings, not some partial playset build like the 60's Batcave D2C.

2 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

Weren’t there rumors about a Grundy and Copperhead set that got pushed to the summer wave? So I assume we may be getting them...

If I remember correctly, Grundy and Copperhead were incorrectly rumored to be included with the RC Batmobile that came out recently, which only has Batman.

8 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

If I remember correctly, Grundy and Copperhead were incorrectly rumored to be included with the RC Batmobile that came out recently, which only has Batman.

I wouldn't say incorrectly. Not necessarily at least

Lego's plans change, just look at all those Cancelled Sets videos by Just2Good. I'm pretty sure Gentleman Ghost was set to appear in the Scuttler for example. Maybe Lego went overbudget, felt  they were better suited for a another set, or simply thought the set could sell itself. We might never know for sure. 

6 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I wouldn't say incorrectly. Not necessarily at least

Lego's plans change, just look at all those Cancelled Sets videos by Just2Good. I'm pretty sure Gentleman Ghost was set to appear in the Scuttler for example. Maybe Lego went overbudget, felt  they were better suited for a another set, or simply thought the set could sell itself. We might never know for sure. 

Is there a precedent for what would have been new minifigures appearing in later sets? Or are they more likely to be archived indefinitely? I mean I really like the AC Batmobile, but I reckon I would have made louder noises about it to my wife if it had had Grundy and Copperhead with it. 

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If so, it better be of an architectural quality equivalent to that of Creator Expert's modular buildings, not some partial playset build like the 60's Batcave D2C.

I imagine most location based Superhero D2C sets will take the dollhouse approach like Arkham Asylum and Joker Manor did. Expecting something like a modular building is just going to lead to disappointment.

8 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Is there a precedent for what would have been new minifigures appearing in later sets? Or are they more likely to be archived indefinitely? I mean I really like the AC Batmobile, but I reckon I would have made louder noises about it to my wife if it had had Grundy and Copperhead with it. 

It's happened before in the Star Wars line. Quinlan Vos was originally supposed to appear in the T-6 Jedi Shuttle back in 2011 but got pushed back a wave later and appeared in the Republic Frigate instead.

Just now, wesker said:

Expecting something like a modular building is just going to lead to disappointment.

Not exactly a modular building, just a build that's architecturally focused rather than "how-many-figures-can-we-cram-into-this-set".

15 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I do hope the D2C is a location rather than a huge vehicle. I still think we need a proper Wayne Manor. 

Wayne Manor or Gotham City Police Department would be great picks for D2Cs!

I know they won't be "Modular", but I do wish they were dollhouse-esque like Haunted House and Sanctum Sanctorum.

I don't really see a problem with "dollhouse" D2Cs. Often times they include some creative and unique building styles. For example: Joker Manor is an excellent set that has nice little details for everyone, but its also a somewhat challenging build. I also have a soft spot for 10937 Arkham Asylum Breakout (mostly for sentimental reasons, but still)

I understand why it may be disappointing not to get modular buildings for Superhero D2Cs, but maybe Lego is evolving to the point were they can do whatever they want with the Superheroes line. I mean, Sanctum Sanctorum from the Infinity War wave was the closest we've gotten to a modular building (and that came out not even a year ago), and remember Mighty Micros? or what about Brick Heads? I'm just saying don't give up hope yet, maybe someday we can all get the Wayne Manor or GCPD set we all crave.

Edited by Mountain Drew

8 hours ago, wesker said:

It's happened before in the Star Wars line. Quinlan Vos was originally supposed to appear in the T-6 Jedi Shuttle back in 2011 but got pushed back a wave later and appeared in the Republic Frigate instead.

Exactly :wink: But the Star Wars theme also provides evidence of planned minifigs that never saw the light of day, such as Cato Parasitti who was supposed to appear in 2011's Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship but was replaced by fellow bounty hunter Sugi in the set proper. Weirdly enough, the catalogue showed a minifig wearing Parasitti's helmet while the name below the fig was Sugi's, suggesting the replacement happened quite early in production.

Back to DC: I can't quite remember the leaked concept art for the first CMF TLBM series (the one with Chef Joker that sadly never got released), but weren't there a couple of minifigs on there that later appeared in the second CMF series (or in the third wave)? In that case, postponing minifigs wouldn't be unheard of for DC as well :laugh:

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Exactly :wink: But the Star Wars theme also provides evidence of planned minifigs that never saw the light of day, such as Cato Parasitti who was supposed to appear in 2011's Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship but was replaced by fellow bounty hunter Sugi in the set proper. Weirdly enough, the catalogue showed a minifig wearing Parasitti's helmet while the name below the fig was Sugi's, suggesting the replacement happened quite early in production.

Back to DC: I can't quite remember the leaked concept art for the first CMF TLBM series (the one with Chef Joker that sadly never got released), but weren't there a couple of minifigs on there that later appeared in the second CMF series (or in the third wave)? In that case, postponing minifigs wouldn't be unheard of for DC as well :laugh:

I still have the image saved so I'll give you the rundown:

• Made it to Series 1: Fairy Batman, Glam Metal Batman, Clan of the Cave Batman, Vacation Batman, Barbara Gordon, Arkham Asylum Joker, Red Hood, Orca, Eraser, King Tut, March Harriet, Catman
  • Delayed to Series 2: Clock King
  • Released in Sets: Baturion (Bricktober pack), Excalibat (Dimensions pack), Dr. Harleen Quinzel (Arkham Asylum), Dick Grayson in tuxedo (The Scuttler), Raging Bat (Batcave Break-in), Tarantula (Killer Croc Tail-gator)

Chef Joker is the only one who never made it to production.

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Is a Shazam set still likely or is it too late to have been rumored?

There is a set number that it could possibly be, 76121. Plus it is most likely a retail exclusive so we won’t hear about it until closer to the release date 

10 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Is a Shazam set still likely or is it too late to have been rumored?

We've gotten sets for every DCEU movie aside from Suicide Squad for fairly obvious reasons so I'd say it's very likely

1 hour ago, MakkaG15 said:

We've gotten sets for every DCEU movie aside from Suicide Squad for fairly obvious reasons so I'd say it's very likely

And even that had tie ins, so I'd say it's incredibly likely we'd get a Shazam figure by the end of the year, movie based or unofficial comic book tie in variant

On 12/16/2018 at 5:00 AM, MakkaG15 said:

For Shazam I think they will do one of those spinning walls to transform Billy to Shazam and Shazam to Billy if there is a set for SHAZAM!, if there is any D2C DCEU set I have a feeling it would be Atlantis, like you said the movie is getting a massive amount of praise and a sequel is confirmed, maybe we will get atlantis with the sequel?

I think you're right on the money with your Shazam/Billy Batson spinning wall transformation prediction. As For aquaman, Atlantis NEEDS to happen. 

Regarding everything related to set 76121, I think that most likely it will be a Shazam set. As many people have already pointed out, if the movie does not turn out to have any sets based on it, it would be the very first DCEU film to not get a single set based on it. Besides, a Shazam minifigure is long overdue, and we're bound to get one sooner or later. As for the rest of the sets, I hope that if they are Batman sets, then they will at least have characters in them which have never made their way into minifigure form. More team up sets like with this year's Aquaman Ocean Master set. A Grundy big fig would be cool to see. Swamp Thing and Atrocitus are also on my list of big figs that we have yet to see that need to have sets based on them. 

As for other characters that Batman could cross paths with, here's a list of potential candidates:

Booster Gold

Green Lantern(any of them)

Doctor Fate

Plastic Man

The Atom

Black Canary

Any of the new gods

Edited by TheAquaLantern

The trend seems to be Batman another hero (updated version) or hopefully new in this wave and a new villain or anupdated one. I could see a set be Superman, Livewire, Batman. Or maybe Merlyn, Oliver, Batman, Wonder Woman, Minifigure Ares, Batman, Wally West Flash, Batman, Heatwave...

2 hours ago, TheAquaLantern said:

I think you're right on the money with your Shazam/Billy Batson spinning wall transformation prediction. As For aquaman, Atlantis NEEDS to happen. 

Regarding everything related to set 76121, I think that most likely it will be a Shazam set. As many people have already pointed out, if the movie does not turn out to have any sets based on it, it would be the very first DCEU film to not get a single set based on it. Besides, a Shazam minifigure is long overdue, and we're bound to get one sooner or later. As for the rest of the sets, I hope that if they are Batman sets, then they will at least have characters in them which have never made their way into minifigure form. More team up sets like with this year's Aquaman Ocean Master set. A Grundy big fig would be cool to see. Swamp Thing and Atrocitus are also on my list of big figs that we have yet to see that need to have sets based on them. 

As for other characters that Batman could cross paths with, here's a list of potential candidates:

Booster Gold

Green Lantern(any of them)

Doctor Fate

Plastic Man

The Atom

Black Canary

Any of the new gods

We had a plastic man exclusive for LEGO Batman 3. Black Canary with the LEGO Batman Movie Minifigure series. Green Lantern could appear again, it has been awhile, but likely Hal Jordan (though we are getting a variation of him in LEGO Movie 2 set), Guy Gardener or Simon Baz.

56 minutes ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

We had a plastic man exclusive for LEGO Batman 3. Black Canary with the LEGO Batman Movie Minifigure series. Green Lantern could appear again, it has been awhile, but likely Hal Jordan (though we are getting a variation of him in LEGO Movie 2 set), Guy Gardener or Simon Baz.

I can see simon

Edited by HMD BrickCustoms

5 hours ago, TheAquaLantern said:

This prediction was made by @Duncan Young back in June when the set potential was being discussed. If I remember rightly we were debating the likelihood of a Shazam/Sivana set or a Shazam/Batson one :thumbup:

I think this new Batman wave could be the time we finally get Swamp Thing in LEGO form. He could easily be in a set teaming up with Batman. Plus a Swamp Thing tv show is coming out on the DC streaming service this year. 

LEGO seems to capitalize on the popularity of DC media like movies and shows when they are only allowed to do one or none officially liscenced sets - see Deadshot, Harley, and Katana being released in comic book sets when Suicide Squad came out, Reverse Flash, Firestorm, and Killer Frost as pseudo-Arrowverse related sets, and the recent Batman vs Ocean Master set that was clearly an Aquaman tie-in when for whatever reason they only decided to/were allowed to make one officially liscenced Aquaman set. I’m almost certain that if by some fluke we don’t get an official Shazam set, we will probably get him in some sort of comic book based set (and hopefully some Arrowverse characters around the time Crisis on Infinite Earths comes out later this year).