Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

That’s the problem with this marketing strategy. If all people want is Batman based sets, then they’ll buy one with the Batman figure they want (unless it’s some variant, which 4/5 times it isn’t), and then won’t buy any other sets. No one buys all the different sets to have multiple of the same Batman, if that were the case you’d just buy a bunch of the cheapest set. The selling point in each of these new sets isn’t Batman, it’s Firefly (arguably a Batman villain so I guess in that case), but also Aquaman and Ocean Master. No one would buy the Aquaman set if they didn’t want the characters. Otherwise they could give us no new characters and just one Batman figure and people would buy it, which would never work. A stray from the DC Superheroes title is a huge mistake, and I really hope that the labeling being Batman focused is the farthest it goes.

On 11/24/2018 at 3:23 PM, MakkaG15 said:

Batman usa il suo vecchio capo pre-2015?

sh 458 but with classic head..

I'd love to see them release an updated version of the classic head, with some stubble. That way I can have a stubbled Batman who isn't showing too tan from the printing on black.

On 11/24/2018 at 10:49 PM, CoolDudeRadman said:

That’s the problem with this marketing strategy. If all people want is Batman based sets, then they’ll buy one with the Batman figure they want (unless it’s some variant, which 4/5 times it isn’t), and then won’t buy any other sets. No one buys all the different sets to have multiple of the same Batman, if that were the case you’d just buy a bunch of the cheapest set. The selling point in each of these new sets isn’t Batman, it’s Firefly (arguably a Batman villain so I guess in that case), but also Aquaman and Ocean Master. No one would buy the Aquaman set if they didn’t want the characters. Otherwise they could give us no new characters and just one Batman figure and people would buy it, which would never work. A stray from the DC Superheroes title is a huge mistake, and I really hope that the labeling being Batman focused is the farthest it goes.

Honestly it makes perfect sense to me, batman is the most iconic character in the set and his branding is way more recognisable than dc comics superheroes (and the dc logo is still on the box anyway), the branding doesn't have to batman, just the most iconic brand in the set be it batman, superman, wonder woman flash or the justice league. Lego sets are often bought as gifts for children, and a clueless gift buying relative would have no idea who ocean-master was or what the difference was between dc or marvel comics but if they known the child likes batman then they can get them the one with the batman logo on the box. Lego sets are aimed at children and most the time adults buy things for children rather than the child buying there own sets.

This marketing strategy makes perfect sense when we consider that afols are not the target demographic for the vast majority of sets, we are the exception not the rule and afols should be well informed enough about the actual lego that branding isn't relevant to their purchases.

Edited by Agent Kallus

48 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I don’t think that’s the same shark as the pirates set, those ones had moulded skeleton parts

The 'pirates' line in question refers to the actual LEGO Pirates theme, not the Pirates of the Caribbean line.

Also a fun fact, the man eating shark actually made its first appearance in an Agents set

2 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The 'pirates' line in question refers to the actual LEGO Pirates theme, not the Pirates of the Caribbean line.

Also a fun fact, the man eating shark actually made its first appearance in an Agents set

Oh, fair enough then, didn’t realise

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I understand that we've seen similar sharks in PoTC, and Ultra Agents, but it would be nice if one of the original ones resurfaced (pardon the pun) in a future Aquaman set. They would certainly increase the play value of sets like 76116 for younger people, and in my opinion, collectors would be much more excited about this set (I say this second comment, understanding full well that when the Lego-Gods wrote "7+" on the boxes, they weren't thinking of AFOLs like me.)

What does everyone think the chances are of us getting a Birds of Prey set are in 2020? With the rumor that the film is going to be R rated, I'm worried we're only likely to get comic-based counterpart sets, much like we did when Suicide Squad came out. On the other hand, the title of Birds of Prey not containing any words which Lego might take issue with makes me hope they'll go ahead and make a DCEU based set.

What do you think? Has there been any instance in the past where an MA/R rated film got a set?

25 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Do we have any rumors about a shazam set for next spring?

Not at the moment

Edited by Falconfan1414

15 hours ago, Spencerbuilds said:

What does everyone think the chances are of us getting a Birds of Prey set are in 2020? With the rumor that the film is going to be R rated, I'm worried we're only likely to get comic-based counterpart sets, much like we did when Suicide Squad came out. On the other hand, the title of Birds of Prey not containing any words which Lego might take issue with makes me hope they'll go ahead and make a DCEU based set.

What do you think? Has there been any instance in the past where an MA/R rated film got a set?

Most likely not, given Lego's primary audience is kids, and not AFOLs. 

On 11/27/2018 at 8:14 PM, Spencerbuilds said:

I'm 99% sure they won't do any sets directly based of the movie (since it's apparently going to be rated R) , but we could just see the characters appear in other sets in 2020, since that was what they did for Suicide Squad back in 2016. If that is what they're doing, I do hope we finally get a Black Mask minifig (since he's confirmed to be the villain of the movie). We could also potentially see Oracle/Batgirl, Huntress, Hawk and Dove, Black Canary, Renee Montaya and maybe even another Harley Quinn minifig.

It's waaaay to early to know anything yet though, since any set for the movie would most likely come out in January 2020 (over a year from now).

22 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Do we have any rumors about a shazam set for next spring?

The only indication that we're getting anything for Shazam is in the DLC Reveals for DC Supervillains.

Image result for lego dc super villains dlc

As you can see, there will be two DLC levels to promote the Shazam movie (plus an good look at the awesome design for the DCEU Shazam minifig) , so if they're promoting the movie in the game, a set will most likely happen.

Also, this is just pure speculation, but if it follows the same trend as the other DCEU solo-movie sets it could be just a $30 set.

4 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

The only indication that we're getting anything for Shazam is in the DLC Reveals for DC Supervillains.

Image result for lego dc super villains dlc

As you can see, there will be two DLC levels to promote the Shazam movie (plus an good look at the awesome design for the DCEU Shazam minifig) , so if they're promoting the movie in the game, a set will most likely happen.

Also, this is just pure speculation, but if it follows the same trend as the other DCEU solo-movie sets it could be just a $30 set.

I hope they don't use that hair for him I don't think it works at all

That hair piece works for a comic based Shazam but definitely not the DCEU Shazam. This leads me to my question: which hair piece would work for DCEU Shazam?

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

That hair piece works for a comic based Shazam but definitely not the DCEU Shazam. This leads me to my question: which hair piece would work for DCEU Shazam?

The Frank Rock hairpiece, maybe, or the DCEU Superman tousled wig. Easy swap if / when we get a Captain DC fig.

12 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

I hope they don't use that hair for him I don't think it works at all

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Felkin said:

The Frank Rock hairpiece, maybe, or the DCEU Superman tousled wig. Easy swap if / when we get a Captain DC fig.

The Frank Rock hairpiece might be a bit too big. Hopefully, they'd just make something new. 

On 11/29/2018 at 2:23 PM, J4ck said:

Bruce Wayne LBM hairpiece or the Series 16 Spy hairpiece in black?

Edited by MakkaG15

Nick Fury's torso/legs in the new Captain Marvel and the Skrull Attack (76127) set would be perfect for a Black Mask custom. Add black hands and a fantasy era black skull with red eyes and boom. Additionally you can make the Lego Batman 1 game version using the same head and hands I mentioned with Harry Osborne's stripped dark grey suit.

8 minutes ago, PremierComix said:

Nick Fury's torso/legs in the new Captain Marvel and the Skrull Attack (76127) set would be perfect for a Black Mask custom. Add black hands and a fantasy era black skull with red eyes and boom. Additionally you can make the Lego Batman 1 game version using the same head and hands I mentioned with Harry Osborne's stripped dark grey suit.

Really liking that idea :)

I wish that they would have made more then two sets this wave. A Mad Hatter figure is desperately needed. But I like the DC wave better then Marvel's Spiderman wave. The Batsub set is nice. I love the Aquaman and Ocean Master and I feel the vehicle is unique enough for me too not be too upset. I have to ask whatever happened bro that rumored Gotham Police HQ that was rumored? I remember hearing rumors about it a few months ago but now nothing. 

2 hours ago, PremierComix said:

You could also make a nice Commissioner Gordon minifig, although the torso from the actual Commissioner Gordon CBM works a bit better will light flesh pieces. 

Also, I’ve mentioned this before, but the Soldier 76 hairpiece with the 1966 Alfred headpiece would look awesome, but if you not a fan of waiting you could just as well use the hairpiece from the Jor-El minifig.

2 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I wish that they would have made more then two sets this wave. A Mad Hatter figure is desperately needed. But I like the DC wave better then Marvel's Spiderman wave. The Batsub set is nice. I love the Aquaman and Ocean Master and I feel the vehicle is unique enough for me too not be too upset. I have to ask whatever happened bro that rumored Gotham Police HQ that was rumored? I remember hearing rumors about it a few months ago but now nothing. 

I just wanna see Mad Hatter, Black Mask, Hush, and Zsasz. Preferably the video game versions of them (BM and Zsasz from the portable version of Lego Batman 2). Hush with a trench coat and part of his face showing. Mad Hatter with Penguins hat and the new wizarding world legs in Orange. Other than that it'd be nice to get Two-Face, Bane, Grundy, Clayface, Copperhead, Bronze Tiger, Huntress, Shiva and Cheshire from Lego DC Super villains. I'm really hoping there will be more sets next year. 2 at the start of the year and 3-4 more over the summer or in the fall. It'd make sense since 5 sets were made to (kinda) coincide with Lego Batman 3.

2 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Like, It'd be nice to get a set with Joker's truck with Joker, Clayface, Two-Face, Batgirl and Nightwing from DC Super Villains. Clayface and Grundy as the two big figs of the year for DC (seeing as how Darkseid and Grodd were released with the 2015/Lego Batman 3 collection). For some reason a lot of people kept saying that a Copperhead/Grundy set was supposed to happen this year but it'd make sense to wait till next year after DC Super villains' release. This years DC/Batman sets were enough to tease/hint at the new game so anything that comes out next year would serve as more tie-ins. As for the other characters I mentioned above, they're just a part of a small wish-list. 

Lastly (and then I'll be finished) Marvel sounds like it'll have a sizable lineup next year with the 5 Spider-Man sets already appearing in stores. In addition there's the unknown number of Avengers 4/10 years anniversary sets, Captain Marvel set(s), and 2-3 Spider-Man Far From Home sets. I know that the 2016/2017/2018 LBM collection saw a long list of sets spread out across two years or so but there were still up to 10 Marvel sets released in 2017 to coincide with MCU films and generic Avengers stuff. So yeah, hopefully we'll see a few more DC sets next year to make it a bit more fair, but if not no big deal. Batman IS in the Lego Movie 2 so maybe Lego has other plans for future Batman sets. Only time will tell.

9 hours ago, PremierComix said:

I just wanna see Mad Hatter, Black Mask, Hush, and Zsasz. Preferably the video game versions of them (BM and Zsasz from the portable version of Lego Batman 2). Hush with a trench coat and part of his face showing. Mad Hatter with Penguins hat and the new wizarding world legs in Orange. Other than that it'd be nice to get Two-Face, Bane, Grundy, Clayface, Copperhead, Bronze Tiger, Huntress, Shiva and Cheshire from Lego DC Super villains. I'm really hoping there will be more sets next year. 2 at the start of the year and 3-4 more over the summer or in the fall. It'd make sense since 5 sets were made to (kinda) coincide with Lego Batman 3.

Like, It'd be nice to get a set with Joker's truck with Joker, Clayface, Two-Face, Batgirl and Nightwing from DC Super Villains. Clayface and Grundy as the two big figs of the year for DC (seeing as how Darkseid and Grodd were released with the 2015/Lego Batman 3 collection). For some reason a lot of people kept saying that a Copperhead/Grundy set was supposed to happen this year but it'd make sense to wait till next year after DC Super villains' release. This years DC/Batman sets were enough to tease/hint at the new game so anything that comes out next year would serve as more tie-ins. As for the other characters I mentioned above, they're just a part of a small wish-list. 

Lastly (and then I'll be finished) Marvel sounds like it'll have a sizable lineup next year with the 5 Spider-Man sets already appearing in stores. In addition there's the unknown number of Avengers 4/10 years anniversary sets, Captain Marvel set(s), and 2-3 Spider-Man Far From Home sets. I know that the 2016/2017/2018 LBM collection saw a long list of sets spread out across two years or so but there were still up to 10 Marvel sets released in 2017 to coincide with MCU films and generic Avengers stuff. So yeah, hopefully we'll see a few more DC sets next year to make it a bit more fair, but if not no big deal. Batman IS in the Lego Movie 2 so maybe Lego has other plans for future Batman sets. Only time will tell.

supposedly Batman is an exclusive Lego movie set. 

maybe he gets a vehicle there. \

if not surely there will be more sets down the year in 2019.