Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

76116 Batman : Batsub and the Underwater Clash

Looks like a good set! Ocean Master and Aquaman are both really good figures, batman at least has flippers and breathing apparatus (As I predicted) and the batsub looks good! This'll look great by the Black Manta sub from Aquaman

1 hour ago, MakkaG15 said:
Looks like a good set! Ocean Master and Aquaman are both really good figures, batman at least has flippers and breathing apparatus (As I predicted) and the batsub looks good! This'll look great by the Black Manta sub from Aquaman

Thank The Man Upstairs for the inclusion of stands, it’s really annoying how most of the times, the accessories can’t be used for display properly :grin: I hope this becomes a standard now :thumbup:

Truly an amazing set. The only thing I am disappointed in is the fact that Orm does not have his comic book accurate trident. Can't have everything I guess, at least we got an amazing Ocean Master figure :wub:

I actually like this Bat-Sub better than the other one from 2015. It seems more “realistic”. Plus you do get some great minings for $20.

The only thing that really disappoints me about this wave is that theres only 2 sets, but hopefully they’ll make up for it in the August wave.

OK, I find the text-less branding of these sets bizarre, as they're both denoted by only the classic Bat-Insignia. :wacko: Has that ever been done before for any other Lego theme? Could these still be considered DC Comics Super Heroes sets, with others heroes denoted by their own insignia on other future sets they're the star of? :def_shrug:

LEGO DC Batman Batman Batsub and the Underwater Crash (76116)

44 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

OK, I find the text-less branding of these sets bizarre, as they're both denoted by only the classic Bat-Insignia. :wacko: Has that ever been done before for any other Lego theme? Could these still be considered DC Comics Super Heroes sets, with others heroes denoted by their own insignia on other future sets they're the star of? :def_shrug:

The 2019 sets are still Marvel/DC SH ones in my book, it’s just the brand and specific IP that have swapped places (and focus) :grin: I already kinda miss the blue/red colour schemes, but the new boxart looks appealing nonetheless. I for one can’t wait to see what upcoming movie-specific boxarts will look like, especially when they’re one-off sets (like this year’s Aquaman set).

Luckily, all of the heroes (and hero groups) have some sort of logo they could use, but the focus will most likely be on Batman, as one would expect :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Luckily, all of the heroes (and hero groups) have some sort of logo they could use, but the focus will most likely be on Batman, as one would expect :wink:

If we were to expect, for instance, Superman-centric sets after this change, I'd presume his insignia would stand in place of Batman's if Batman weren't present in such sets. I mean, there better be Batman-less sets after this... :sadnew:

Oh, and for that matter, how will cinematic sets be handled? :def_shrug:

55 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Marvel also seems to be doing this with the 2019 Spider-Man sets.

Just now, BigGuy4U said:

Marvel also seems to be doing this with the 2019 Spider-Man sets.

I know, and I'm still annoyed by it all. :hmpf_bad:

Love the new box art but I wonder if this is it for other superheroes. 

I think they are not done with the red/blue color scheme. The Infinity Wars sets cant have the giant Spiderman printed on the boxes. Same with Shazam and Batman. 

Maybe winter wave is Spiderman/Batman and the summer one is "Superheroes"

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If we were to expect, for instance, Superman-centric sets after this change, I'd presume his insignia would stand in place of Batman's if Batman weren't present in such sets. I mean, there better be Batman-less sets after this... :sadnew:

Oh, and for that matter, how will cinematic sets be handled? :def_shrug:

I imagine they would have the film logo in place of the Bat-logo, or 'Spider-Man'.

I'm actually really liking the look of the box

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Maybe winter wave is Spiderman/Batman and the summer one is "Superheroes"

Or maybe just "Justice League" and "A4". They will find a brand to put a logo on for.

I actually don't mind this shift that much. As long as the Marvel/DC logos stay at the bottom of the box, the Batman and (theoretical) Superman sets can still be considered part of the same theme, and the Spider-Man and Captain Marvel sets their own. Just means each wave gets new boxart.

This Batsub actually looks decent, but I'm not sure if I can find room for it. Same goes for the Batmech. I have a rather small budget.

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thank The Man Upstairs for the inclusion of stands, it’s really annoying how most of the times, the accessories can’t be used for display properly :grin: I hope this becomes a standard now :thumbup:

They might not be part of the set. I've seen them provide stands for minifigures in promotional Star Wars images that never come out. But one can hope.

Edited by GrandDukeofKumquats

4 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

These 2019 mini figs are so bland. I could forgive the childish designs if the minifigs atleast showed effort. At least give me leg printing!

I disagree, I think these figures look very good, Ocean Master in particular is a highlight for me. I understand that the lack of leg printing might be disappointing but to be honest Aquaman has always been depicted in comics as having green pants with no obvious details. Ocean Master could have benefited from a bit of armor printing on the side of his legs but it would have been a very minor detail.

Good to see official pictures of the Aquaman set. I know that Batman is the one who gets the build but Aquaman and Orm would be fighting even if Bats wasn’t there. It’s this kind of logic that baffles me when he gets the branding. Shame he didn’t get a specific suit, but it’s a good set overall.

Ocean Master is the only decent thing about this set. Marvel and DC sets this winter...all a big fail. 

The two latest Aquaman sets have never been so good! Ocean Master might become my new favourite licensed minifigure! (Psst sorry TLBM Red Hood)

13 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I know that Batman is the one who gets the build but Aquaman and Orm would be fighting even if Bats wasn’t there.

I kinda wish they got rid of everything to do with Batman in this set and just gave Orm a big armoured shark to ride.

5 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

I kinda wish they got rid of everything to do with Batman in this set and just gave Orm a big armoured shark to ride.

Or give us one of those big ferocious sharks from the pirates line that can actually swallow figures. 

2 hours ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Or give us one of those big ferocious sharks from the pirates line that can actually swallow figures. 

Where did those go? They appeared in only 2 sets, and then vanished. We need them back!

12 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Where did those go? They appeared in only 2 sets, and then vanished. We need them back!

Agreed. We can always hope that they'll come back one day in a future Aquaman set.

Considering Batman is the main focus of the sets, I find the Batman minifigure kinda lackluster