Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

8 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Apologies if this has been touched on before, I don’t think it has. If it hasn’t it shows how well the book has sold so far! So my son was given the Flash activity book today, and it got me wondering. Have the activity books got previous for spoilers? I only ask because it features a Green Lantern Mighty Micro, bigfig Grundy, Giganta (same as the DTV, but hey), Plastic Man (can only see his head design), a silhouette of Toyman, a JLTAS Hawkgirl, a CW-style Green Arrow, a bulked up Cyborg a la LB3, Stargirl, and bigfig Parasite. Now that’s a lot of potential reveals, or a lot of artistic license. I can post photos of the above if anyone wants. 

I’d like to see!

10 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Apologies if this has been touched on before, I don’t think it has. If it hasn’t it shows how well the book has sold so far! So my son was given the Flash activity book today, and it got me wondering. Have the activity books got previous for spoilers?

I recall a Lego comic that features the Green Lantern minifig in 76025 Green Lantern vs. Sinestro in some Lego Magazine I got at the store. The weird thing was the set had not been officially revealed yet (It was sometime in early 2014 when I got the magazine), so maybe we are looking at some future minifigs for January 2019 :laugh:

I’m glad it’s not just me then! :laugh:

Dang, going to have to figure out a way to post them. Won’t be long!

Edited by RedHoodPug
No bricking photos!

On 8/11/2018 at 11:03 PM, Mountain Drew said:

Well thats a disappointment, I was hoping to get some cool DC figs. But it would make more sense for it to be a DC set, since Marvel already has the Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown for $100, and two $100 sets from Marvel is a bit of a stretch.

DC gets a lot more big sets than Marvel does. Marvel’s gotten four $100+ sets since 2012 while DC has gotten ten since 2012 (counting TLBM), with one coming once or twice a year since 2013. I don’t doubt that 76131 is a DC set but I certainly wouldn’t be complaining if it was a Marvel one. 

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

9A2067B0-D170-4A81-93B4-6895A32F8CF7.jpeg

DF3BC5E6-C60C-421C-94C5-F6B2A36BAAF8.jpeg

This is from 2018? I'm confused because of the LB3 Solomon Grundy. Its also a bit odd that the Green Lantern has a red mask, but it could just be a mistake in designing, or a misprint.

7 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

This is from 2018? I'm confused because of the LB3 Solomon Grundy. Its also a bit odd that the Green Lantern has a red mask, but it could just be a mistake in designing, or a misprint.

The mask is odd because it’s a spot the mistake puzzle with things like Superman with a moustache, Catwoman wearing Wonder Woman’s tiara, etc. I’ve been arguing with the other pictures but I will put them up soon, likely through Flickr. I see someone has pinched the photo and stuck it on IG without citing me or getting the source right. Causing lots of frustration. Love it.

Could be a new micro, maybe not. The minifigure is definitely just the last one, and not what we would get design-wise, since they forgo the muscle printing on them. Since these are old designs, I'll be cautiously optimistic.

I'm want set with Batman and Swamp Thing team-up and with Flooro as villain. :yoda:

Gonna believe they release Swamp Thing in future 

50 minutes ago, ZoKpooL said:

I'm want set with Batman and Swamp Thing team-up and with Flooro as villain. :yoda:

Theres a rumor going around that we will get Swamp Thing soon, but I don't know how solid the rumor is.

2 hours ago, ZoKpooL said:

Could maybe get swamp thing, Zatanna and Batman vs. Grundy and someone else. I could definitely see them pulling a red hulk giving two big figs to beef up a set.

13 minutes ago, froggy95 said:

Any possibility of another Aquaman set being released with Ocean King in it? 

Probably not. We have a chance of getting him if he appears in a mighty micros pack but that's probably the only chance unless he is in one of the Batman sets with an Aquaman team up.

To clarify. 

No green lantern micro racers is confirmed as its only a image from a book released months ago. 

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

To clarify. 

No green lantern micro racers is confirmed as its only a image from a book released months ago. 

Yup, check my OP above for source. I'm intrigued as to whether the writers of the book know something or were given carte blanche. Either way, my newly acquired Flickr page has the other images, having battled with size.

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Yup, check my OP above for source. I'm intrigued as to whether the writers of the book know something or were given carte blanche. Either way, my newly acquired Flickr page has the other images, having battled with size.

I noticed this when i first purchased the book but thought nothing of it, as previously they have had other unreleased character's pop up in mini comics with no actual minifigures been made.

I'd be really surprised if something was released.

Hoepfully we get more info soon as the Marvel thread have had more info released. 

Heres hoping to more crazy bat vehicle's with cool play sets.

5 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

To clarify. 

I know, I’m hoping it’s true. Also they’re called “Mighty Micros”.

Edited by J4ck

3 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I noticed this when i first purchased the book but thought nothing of it, as previously they have had other unreleased character's pop up in mini comics with no actual minifigures been made.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they are allowed access to draft character designs that haven’t gone through for whatever reason. It’s good to know that certain characters are thought about, getting them produced is the gravy.

Looking at how these all match up to Lego Batman 3, I'd wager that the artist just used those as a starting place and ran from there, if I had to guess.

On 8/25/2018 at 11:53 PM, RedHoodPug said:

9A2067B0-D170-4A81-93B4-6895A32F8CF7.jpeg

The Green Lantern figure itself looks like some of the confidential set minifig stand ins, the head looks like jason todds new robin head and the body is just green lanterns body

seeing as they put stud shooters on it, and they wouldnt put big play features on something that would only ever be in a book, i say this could happen

9 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

That Green Lantern Mighty Micros vehicle looks exactly like a MOC from this video from 2016.  It almost certainly not an actual upcoming set because of that.

the resemblance is rather uncanny but why cant it be a set because its a MOC as well?

36 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

the resemblance is rather uncanny but why cant it be a set because its a MOC as well?

The risk would be if TLG released something that close to a fan project, there's potential for the fan to claim that TLG used their idea without crediting them. Now, this would not be likely to go anywhere, but especially on a basis like this where it looks to be, basically, an identical build, I feel like TLG would just go ahead and do something different instead.

9 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

The risk would be if TLG released something that close to a fan project, there's potential for the fan to claim that TLG used their idea without crediting them. Now, this would not be likely to go anywhere, but especially on a basis like this where it looks to be, basically, an identical build, I feel like TLG would just go ahead and do something different instead.

It’s just as unlikely that a Lego book copies a MOC as it is a set does. The principle is still the same. As it’s the only thing not a nigh on direct lift from LB3 it’s difficult to gauge what it is.