Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR June FB3] Embark the Marines!

It was a glorious day in Port Woodhouse and the citizens lined the streets to watch a company of veteran Royal Marines parade down the main street on there way to the docks. The company had been seconded to the newly formed Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery and was embarking a transport vessel for the short hop to Jameston, where the Society had set up its headquarters. Rumour had it that from there they would set out on an expedition into the uncharted waters of the east; hence the citizens waved and cheered them on, wishing them luck for the trials ahead.

42981694342_46f1217d3d_c.jpg

Meanwhile, newly appointed Vice President of Security for the RSND, Sterling Blackwood, looked on from the first floor balcony of Heffrington's Inn, a local establishment that caters mainly to the officers of the garrison. It offers quality food and beverages and has an open section on the first floor to take full advantage of the cool evening sea breeze. It was here that Blackwood reviewed the parade, accompanied by the military commander of the settlement, Commander Matthew Allcock and Corrington Army Major William Bradley; recently returned from Mesabi Landing.

42312996134_0d83bddfef_c.jpg

Blackwood would be accompanying the marines to Jameston. His correspondence with the RSND executive board had revealed that a headquarters building was ready there for there immediate use. The board had also written of the need to urgently acquire a reliable income stream. The Crown had provided an initial budget, but then had somewhat perversely stipulated that the Society would not accept donations from wealthy individuals. As chance would have it, old man Heffrington, who owned the inn in which Blackwood stood, was selling up and returning to Belson, having made his fortune in the colonies. Blackwood had managed on behalf of the Society to acquire ownership at a reasonable price. Thus the RSND had it's first commercial investment to fund exploration and discovery on behalf of Her Majesty.

42981695622_75bb5218c7_c.jpg

This build is to serve as the MOC requirement for raising troops for the RSND. A company will be raised in due course for an upcoming aMRCA. It will also be licensed as a medium artisan in Port Woodhouse, in the name of the Society. A full frontal view of the whole build is enclosed in the spoiler below. Thanks for viewing!

Spoiler

28162832147_2628964d6f_c.jpg

Wonderful build! I really like the inn (it looks so Eslandolan -- I might have to copy it!) and how you used the arches to highlight the characters. Good fig posing with the marching troops. :thumbup:

Great one, once again! The Reds are coming! I like the inn with the touches of dark tan to break the white monotony (green shutters do make it look Eslandolan though :tongue: ) and seeing those soldiers marching, I must start using round plates on their feet too because without them I can't quite pose them good enough on bare plates. Also in my opinion a vital detail to your builds in general, is that you use both male and female minifig for the crowd as should be.

Edited by blackdeathgr

Here's a band of proud redcoats, I like the idea of veterans marching down the street. The tavern looks nice too.