Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

Tirachinas

indexed.gif

My entry for the Classic-Castle Battle Contest: Tirachinas

The Barbarians are attacking the city, but the soldiers' best efforts won't get them far if they fail to guard the drains...

000main.jpg

010oil.jpg

020bridge.jpg

030bridge.jpg

040defence.jpg

050top.jpg

060back.jpg

070sneakattack.jpg

080building.jpg

Then his eyes fell on the infant...

090baby.jpg

100top.jpg

Enjoy! *y*

Edited by Hinckley

AMAZING! The amount of smart details is huge! I love your burnt roof, cannonball into wall, arrow wound, etc.

Very nice work. I would hate to be the judge on the battles contest...

TT

Simply brilliant, oh I do enjoy looking at your creations.

I love the techniques you've used here, in particular how you've done the arrow wounds.

Awesome job as usual.

The true amazingness of this MOC didn't hit me until I saw the hay roof, seriously, WOW! That takes time, patience, and a lot of minifig hands! X-O *y*

~Peace

8-� That roof is amazing! Such a fantastic MOC, with great detail in everything, from the blood on the stones to the positioning of the minifigs. The baby is a nice touch amidst all the violence and death, although I wouldn't think it would be happy... 8-|

Really stunning, nice job indeed! *y*

An interesting work with many very fine details like the hole in the wall and the use of red flowers.... you also managed very well to tell some little stories

within the limited space of your scenery.... a pretty clever conception indeed! *sweet*

But I´m not sure if the smiling head of the baby´s fitting for the situation.... perhaps that´s just a little too much contrast. 8-|

*y* *y* *y* I could add these thumbs up all day. The detail is incredible. The flaming liquid on the boat is a great idea.

Awesome stuff. Great job. I would've posted a thread about this saying how awesome it was, but then I up'ped to find your gallery, so looked for it here :-$ Great job on the roof especially.

Very, very cool. That hay roof (especially where the hay is burned) is amazing. And I love this surge we've had of burning oil being used in MOCs lately. :-$

Wait, so the whole point of this thread was for Mr Builder to choose one person from random to challenge to a whack-off?

So, I don't get to do any whacking? :'-(

~Peace

SlyOwl, you've got to be one of my favorite builders. I love your work! *wub* You never cease to amaze!

This is packed with an incredible amount of detail, I'm not surpried that's coming from you. I'm still in love with the hay roof. *wub*

The arrow wounds are really creative as well. The burnt hay on the roof confirms the awesomeness of this, tis amazing! *y*

*sweet*

Edit: What? Get out of here iamded!

Edited by Exobuilder

Love the details u had made on your Battlescene. It's really very great on how you used those flames on the scenario. Excellent job!

*wub* This is truly a thing of beauty. The cracked wall looks great, as does the splash of fire onto the boat, the clever use of flowers as blood, the brilliant thatched roof and the overall MOC.

One of the things I really love about it is the similarity of features to your Nassau port. It's almost as if this is Nassau port hundreds of years before that *sweet*

One thing I don't like is the use of a cavalry officer torso and the tricorne. They both seem rather out of place. Other than that though, it's great, I love it.

This is really brilliant, one of your best MOCs so far, keep up the good work *y* *y*

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

But I´m not sure if the smiling head of the baby´s fitting for the situation.... perhaps that´s just a little too much contrast. 8-|

Innocence versus aggression. I did have the Barbarian killing the baby, but then I toned it down... >:-)

One thing I don't like is the use of a cavalry officer torso and the tricorne. They both seem rather out of place.

Well, y'know, I've got too much Pirate and not enough Castle. As for the US torso, as long as you ignore the US on the buckle, I don't think it looks too bad *sweet*

Edited by SlyOwl